GUTZ! Post your favorite amplifier and receiver inards

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, and before I forget, the two primary caps (inside the 3800) are rated at 15,000uF each, and are 71Volt,
same as in my Onkyo TX-SR805.
If I remember correctly they should be 18,000uF a piece in the Yamaha RX-V3800

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
If I remember correctly they should be 18,000uF a piece in the Yamaha RX-V3800
Yamaha was using 18,000uF caps in their similar line of past receivers.
But they drop the micofarad rating and replaced them with two 15,000 uF caps in their 3800 and 3900 models! :(

But the Yamaha RX-Z7 still uses the 18,000uF caps.

And this is a fa**, unless someone else proove me to the contrary. :)
Good luck. ;)

* I know that the previous Yamaha RX-V2700 has two 18,000uF caps.
Ok, I'm not 100% sure that the 3800 and the 3900 have 15,000uF caps, but unless someone can proove me the opposite, I'll stick with my assessment.
There are some places that say the 3800 and the 3900 use 18,000uF caps, but they don't have any concrete proof either.
What I'm sure is this:
Yammy RX-Z7 = 18,000uF caps.
Yammy RX-V2700 = 18,000uF caps.
Yammy RX-V1800 & RX-V1900 = 12,000uF caps.

* Yammy RX-V3800 and RX-V3900 = 15,000 or 18,000uF caps with no real proof just yet.
But there is something quite strong that tell me, it's the 15,000uF block capacitors.

Seth=L, I thought you have the 3800, no?
If yes, just look through the top opening vents, or just remove the top cover.

Bob

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Good thing I know how to read german.
Ah, come on Walter! This is a thread about the innards (by the way Seth=L, you made a spelling fault in your thread title, innards takes two "L"s, not just one, you imbe**** :D) of your receiver or amplifier, not about reviews, duh. ;)

And if you want the translation, just ask Seth=L, he knows how you can get a translated text from German to English (not perfect mind you, but good enough).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yamaha was using 18,000uF caps in their similar line of past receivers.
But they drop the micofarad rating and replaced them with two 15,000 uF caps in their 3800 and 3900 models! :(

But the Yamaha RX-Z7 still uses the 18,000uF caps.

And this is a fa**, unless someone else proove me to the contrary. :)
Good luck. ;)

* I know that the previous Yamaha RX-V2700 has two 18,000uF caps.
Ok, I'm not 100% sure that the 3800 and the 3900 have 15,000uF caps, but unless someone can proove me the opposite, I'll stick with my assessment.
There are some places that say the 3800 and the 3900 use 18,000uF caps, but they don't have any concrete proof either.
What I'm sure is this:
Yammy RX-Z7 = 18,000uF caps.
Yammy RX-V2700 = 18,000uF caps.
Yammy RX-V1800 & RX-V1900 = 12,000uF caps.

* Yammy RX-V3800 and RX-V3900 = 15,000 or 18,000uF caps with no real proof just yet.
But there is something quite strong that tell me, it's the 15,000uF block capacitors.

Seth=L, I thought you have the 3800, no?
If yes, just look through the top opening vents, or just remove the top cover.

Bob
where are you pullin this info from? I would lile to take a read. :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
[
QUOTE=Lordoftherings;586016]Ah, come on Walter! This is a thread about the innards (by the way Seth=L, you made a spelling fault in your thread title, innards takes two "L"s, not just one, you imbe**** :D) of your receiver or amplifier, not about reviews, duh. ;)

And if you want the translation, just ask Seth=L, he knows how you can get a translated text from German to English (not perfect mind you, but good enough).
[/QUOTE]
Bob
I was kidding about the german. Don't take things so serious, this is surposed to be fun. I do speak german. Let's get along here. We can't all spell right and some of us are work and we just hurry things up, so there might be a mistake or two.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
The Force be with you.

where are you pullin this info from? I would lile to take a read. :)
Ok, here's the deal: if you can come up with some concrete numbers and with proof to back them up, you'll win a FREE TRIP all expenses paid, including hotel reservations, room service, drinks, all your meals, of course lodging, free bar admission anywhere in the area, free topless dancers, and you also got to choose your place of vacation anywhere in the world, and the type of transportation, and for a full month! How's that sounds? :):):)
Pretty good isn't, I thought so too. ;)

And I'm quite serious too. :rolleyes:

Now, go get it Tarzan! Use anything at your disposition, Google, world wide web, eBay, Amazon, Yahoo, branches from the jungle (just like Tarzan did, but don't forget to strip :eek:), anything at all...

I'll be right here. :)

Bob

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, here's the deal: if you can come up with some concrete numbers and with proof to back them up, you'll win a FREE TRIP all expenses paid, including hotel reservations, room service, drinks, all your meals, of course lodging, free bar admission anywhere in the area, free topless dancers, and you also got to choose your place of vacation anywhere in the world, and the type of transportation, and for a full month! How's that sounds? :):):)
Pretty good isn't, I thought so too. ;)

And I'm quite serious too. :rolleyes:

Now, go get it Tarzan! Use anything at your disposition, Google, world wide web, eBay, Amazon, Yahoo, branches from the jungle (just like Tarzan did, but don't forget to strip :eek:), anything at all...

I'll be right here. :)

Bob
Your crazy man!! ;) I'll be right back. Never got chased by a Grizzly bear before. :eek: Don't have them in Ottawa.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
LOTR, I own the 805 and from your link....Un Mein Gott!!!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
And back to you...

[/QUOTE]Bob
I was kidding about the german. Don't take things so serious, this is surposed to be fun. I do speak german. Let's get along here. We can't all spell right and some of us are work and we just hurry things up, so there might be a mistake or two.[/QUOTE]

Walter
I knew that you were just kidding, so was I. :D
Don't take things so seriously, come on now Walter. :rolleyes:

We all speak German here at Audioholics, n'est-ce-pas? :rolleyes:

How come everybody these last couple of days are all screw up. :D

Me! Making a mistake? You're just kidding me, right? :rolleyes:

LOL Walter, I like to have fun, even when I'm not serious. :D

Bob ;)

P.S. Walter, what did you do now, that I cannot quote you properly?
You did screw me again, you little duck!

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hey Matthew, great that you also own the 805.

LOTR, I own the 805 and from your link....Un Mein Gott!!!
Sorry Matthew, I don't have a clue of the meaning.

* But I'm glad that you mentioned that you also own the 805, because I was just trying to find out which receiver or amp you were using, so now, directly from you, I got my answer. :)
Cool, so here you go, the innards of your 805 are forever ingraved in this own very thread.
I am working too, to find out other members piece of equipment they own, so I can post the links of their components here also.
I believe that "Shooling" or "Shollen" (sorry if I spelled it wrong), is the owner of the Onkyo TX-NR906 and also of the Onkyo TX-SR606. Coming very soon...
And I know that Steve (Big....), is the owner of the Marantz SR6003. Also coming very soon...
And Gamblet now owns the Onkyo TX-SR705. Also coming soon...
And I'm sure someone owns the Yamaha RX-V663, but I just don't know who yet.
And few people own the Onkyo TX-SR876 (including myself), coming soon too...
And someone owns the Onkyo PR-SC886P Surround Processor, this I'm sure.
Also coming soon with the innards... and all...

* But for now, here's a Bonus review for my good buddy Seth=L.
This is just a cool and short review of the Yamaha RX-V3800.

Here: http://www.eastwoodhifi.com.au/rx-v3800.htm

And meanwhile Matthew, perhaps you can tell me the meaning of "Un Mein Gott!!!"?
What I know though, is that the 805 was rated "Referenz" for the upper mid-class receiver category, which is not bad at all. :)

Bob

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Pioneer VSX -1015 TX innards

Running this guy as a pre/pro now, but it is actually a decent receiver. It has a beefy transformer and a pair of 15000 uF caps. Many of you have already seenthis one, but what the heck...:)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Onkyo TX-SR705 innards and more.

Here's few pictures from outside and inside of Gamblet's A/V receiver,
the Onkyo TX-SR705. I'm sure Gamblet will appreciate. :)

--> And you know what? He might just be able to understand perfectly German. :)
So he could become a very good ally, for helping us understanding our own receiver's reviews. ;) So, be very nice now, with him. :)

* Here it is: http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2007/Onkyo_TX-SR_705_01.shtml

Bob

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned

Running this guy as a pre/pro now, but it is actually a decent receiver. It has a beefy transformer and a pair of 15000 uF caps. Many of you have already seenthis one, but what the heck...:)
That's a very decent looking piece of kit, croseiv.
Pioneer Elite receivers from a few years back were pretty well engineered,
with good build and weight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis