A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Tis the season for gamers to be jolly as E3 '09 is in full swing. This week Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all had their big press releases bragging about themselves, their games, their upcoming peripherals, and basically trying to convince all of us that their console is the best. This is a summary of what Sony revealed.

Discuss "E3 2009: Sony" here. Read the article.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
I love my PS3. And there look to be several exciting new games that I will likely want to buy for the PS3 over the next year or so. But Sony, overall, looks like it's in trouble.

What is it with them? Are they simply hell-bent on pricing themselves out of the market?! No PS3 price drop (which it needs...BADLY!). No PS3 Slim (with a BADLY needed lower price to go with it). And $250 for the PSP Go! ? What in the hell are they thinking?

Seriously...

$250...

Seriously...

And then they're going to wonder why it isn't outselling the DSi

:mad:

As for the motion controller...why? Just...why?

Well obviously, they take a gander over at Nintendo and their piles and piles of cash rolling in and say to themselves, "boy...it'd sure be nice to remember what having money feels like again". But this thing?

Buy this camera...then buy these two sticks...don't forget to pick up our $400 system and then get ready to play mini-games! Whoa, Nelly!

Yeah...'cause when the legion of casual gamers with their 4:3 SDTVs get a look at mini-games in HD, they'll just be clamouring to drop $2000 on a new TV and Sony's 3-part motion controller...right? :rolleyes:

So sad...

but hey, they have the PS2 to keep them going

:(

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, the powers at be at Sony are pretty stupid. At my company, we print labels for their TV's. They come at us about every couple of months asking for a cost down on our labels. We actually came down about 50% a few months ago. Gimme a break, saving on their 5 cent labels is going to help them get back in the black? I don't see them dropping the price on their hella over-priced TV's though. :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The motion controller won't be out until mid 2010, so it really isn't news. They said it is the best motion control device on the market, but by the time it arrives it will already be outdated.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Sony's press conference was kinda boring, they really need to not let that one guy lead it, he is boring as ****. Uncharted 2 looks a hell of a lot better than the first one, so awesome. Mag looks good but nothing special. Gran Turismo for psp...boring.... Assassin's creed 2 looks good, but they need to show me it's different than AC1 before I get excited. FFXIII looks great of course. FFXIV was lame...big surprise but a big let down at the same time. I really don't think anyone wants you to do online anymore, than it not why people love FF, and if you do, don't make it a numbered FF. Motion sensing was sweet. The mod nation racing looks lame, but the track builder is sweet. The last guardian looks epic. PSP Go! is still ugly as hell.

BUT
NO PRICE DROP OR PS3 SLIM!!!
F YOU SONY!

X

xinrerge

Banned
I missed seeing E3 but I was shocked when I heard that FFIV was part of the show.:eek: Haven't tried FFXI yet but it seems like both series have the same concept.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I missed seeing E3 but I was shocked when I heard that FFIV was part of the show.:eek: Haven't tried FFXI yet but it seems like both series have the same concept.
I think you mean FFXIV, cause Final Fantasy 4 is nothing new :D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Uncharted 2 looks better than anything I have ever seen. I just hope what they showed/claimed in the videos and stills actually translates to true live game play. The apparent raw rendered poylgons in the characters and environments looks rather incredible combined with superb lighting and texture - with perhaps a tiny bit of excessive aliasing. Frankly, it almost looks like a CGI movie - so that's why I wonder if the actual game will be exactly like the stills and videos demonstrated. So far, it looks like the single most desirable game (to me) coming out soon, followed by God of War III.

-Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis