DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ack_bak

Audioholic
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that the op started this thread for and I just wanted to update that MLS has not rectified this situation. He sent me an ELT 5.0 set($800 value) as an "I'm sorry for the problem" gift, but he has yet to actually send me a refund. If anything it's more of the same. He has informed my friend Grant(op) that he would send me a refund on three separate occasions and each time nothing. Now he just isn't responding to emails at all.
Seriously, I would not recommend anyone do business with a company that is being run this way (MLS is the CEO and founder after all). It is seriously disturbing to read how this guy keeps making promises that he cannot seem to keep. Sure they have great speakers at great prices, but this guy seems to have little integrity IMHO. Too many other options out there from companies who actually do back up what they say.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
If you have bought from the company and are not satisfied or are satisfied then your opinions have great merit.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
This is an excellent read on customer service. It is scary how it parallels the problems av123 is experiencing recently.

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/customerservice/a/custservrules.htm
This depends on type of business and branch.... but what I heard from software industry is that the cost of getting a new customer is about ten times the cost of retaining the same customer.

In the AV business, I guess figures are different, but I really believe the same thing applies here.... so why they do behave like this is a mystery to me :confused:

N

nolie

Audiophyte
Purchased 850s, 450's, RSC200, MFW-15

I made a large purchase in Dec 2008. Received my items in Feb. 2009. Had an issue with one bad driver in an 850 and an air leak in the MFW-15. I've posted on AVSFORUM owner's thread (look for Nolie). Bottom line is that my Rockets sound amazing and yes I had some hassle but worked through it and it was well worth it end the end. Great speakers at a great price and I would definitely do it again.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
If you have bought from the company and are not satisfied or are satisfied then your opinions have great merit.
I have purchased through the company and from Mark directly. Pretty smooth for the most part, except for ulw-10 sub issue, which was eventually rectified. I'd rate my customer satsifaction with them as an 8 out of 10. Given that, I must say that I am absolutely appalled at how the business has been run in the recent past and still today. I would not do business with them in any way, shape or form, and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Not sure how that fits with your opinion on what has merit engtaz, but honestly, at this point, the facts are simply the facts.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that the op started this thread for and I just wanted to update that MLS has not rectified this situation. He sent me an ELT 5.0 set($800 value) as an "I'm sorry for the problem" gift, but he has yet to actually send me a refund. If anything it's more of the same. He has informed my friend Grant(op) that he would send me a refund on three separate occasions and each time nothing. Now he just isn't responding to emails at all.
Bait and Switch.

be careful, now, MLS may very well claim you received your product, for the money you paid to him. Watch!!!

This is exactly why I (and several others, here) warned you guys to not conceed to MLS's wishes to have this thread deleted or to believe anything he says, until the whole process was complete and MLS followed through.

And don't let MLS bully you, manipulate you or play games with you. His responsibility to fullfill your order or give you a full return, is NOT contigent on your participation in this thread. Or the existence of this thread. Despite his tactic to convince you otherwise.

I was afraid this would happen. This guy's a weasel.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I made a large purchase in Dec 2008. Received my items in Feb. 2009. Had an issue with one bad driver in an 850 and an air leak in the MFW-15. I've posted on AVSFORUM owner's thread (look for Nolie). Bottom line is that my Rockets sound amazing and yes I had some hassle but worked through it and it was well worth it end the end. Great speakers at a great price and I would definitely do it again.
You should NOT have to go through this with a new product, im amazed how many people say " i had such and such a problem but it was fixed eventually so im happy and will do business again" how crazy!!! i would never keep a product that arrived defective. refund and move on. what kind of quality control lets such crap through, i dont care how good they sound, its not right. as has been said, way to many quality companies out there to bother with that crap.

S

septim

Audioholic
Well I'm gonna give them a shot. I ordered a Rocket set last week. I talked to Jess, it was a nice, no pressure sale. I asked for a certain price, he said he would check, he called me back and it was a deal.

He said the RS850s would be shipping early June. That is a bit worrisome to me but I will hold out hope that they come through. I will certainly let you all know if they don't.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It's really a shame that they have been having all these problems. I love the Mini's I bought from them two years ago. Didn't have a lick of trouble with them until I blew out the tweeters using one of those calibration CD's turned up too loud. When I called them to ask how much it would cost me to get them repaired, they sent me two new tweeters at no charge. Even included detailed instructions on how to perform the operation. Couldn't ask for better service.

Not sure what has happened since then.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
Well I'm gonna give them a shot. I ordered a Rocket set last week. I talked to Jess, it was a nice, no pressure sale. I asked for a certain price, he said he would check, he called me back and it was a deal.

He said the RS850s would be shipping early June. That is a bit worrisome to me but I will hold out hope that they come through. I will certainly let you all know if they don't.
Just make sure they don't charge your credit card until after the speakers ship.

J

just listening

Audioholic
I have yet to hear of problems with shipping of any in-stock item, especially Rockets. I'm betting you're going to enjoy the hell out of them.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

Caveat emptor. A wise man recently said...;)

Yeah AV123 seems really shady to me. I was gonna get a MFW-15 from them but with all the amp problems and horrible customer service I was dissuaded. This company seems to be all about over-promising on everything and then backtracking.

Its excuse after excuse with them. ID companies live and die by their rep on places like these and I am surprised they are still around consider how lethal their buzz is.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Just make sure they don't charge your credit card until after the speakers ship.
i agree. don't even give them the card info until he says they have the product in hand and ready to ship. so you can call your card immediately if they don't follow through.

"you're clean right?"
"i have HIV"
"i'll give you a try"

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
i agree. don't even give them the card info until he says they have the product in hand and ready to ship. so you can call your card immediately if they don't follow through.
I have to agree with this advice as well. Not that you would(foolishly) wait as long as I did to seek a refund, but at least this way you can protect yourself a little better.

S

septim

Audioholic
Caveat emptor. A wise man recently said...;)
Hehe wow you have a good memory! Yeah I was set to pull the trigger on a MFW-15 around the time the amp problems started piling up. Then I changed my mind and went DIY Maelstrom-X.

I chose to give AV123 a chance on the Rockets because I hadn't heard bad things regarding that line. (in regards to shipping/QC issues).

Also I had heard really bad things about their customer service but when I talked to them it was very pleasant, no pressure, no up-selling etc.

JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
You should NOT have to go through this with a new product, im amazed how many people say " i had such and such a problem but it was fixed eventually so im happy and will do business again" how crazy!!! i would never keep a product that arrived defective. refund and move on. what kind of quality control lets such crap through, i dont care how good they sound, its not right. as has been said, way to many quality companies out there to bother with that crap.
My Denon 3808 blew up and took 6 months(not ****) of warranty repair to get it fixed.

In your opinion, after hearing that, is Denon a **** company with quality control issues?

The problem with people like you, with your statement above, is that you do not get that all companies will have duds go out the door. if you rule out every company that lets this 'kind of quality control lets such crap through' then you would not have 1 single place for you to buy anything, from food, to stinky foot powder, to home audio.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
When I bought the Krell KAV400xi integrated amplifier, I got a defect amplifier twice in a row, the first time the transformer was completely loose from the chassis and the speaker terminals were bent 30 degrees, remote control didn't work.... :eek:

The second time the display that shows the level of the volume control fell of while I unpacked the amplifier. :eek:

On third attempt I went to the shop at other side of country to personally pick up the amp and making sure it was OK, and the manager of the store personally checked that it was OK. This time it worked...

Based on this, would you say that nobody should buy any products from Krell?
You may always get a defect product, even if quality control is very very high.....

I bought Onix-3 racks from AV123.... and was happy with how they handled these things... there were issues with things getting broken in transport but they fixed this in a very satisfying way. And it's certainly not AV123's fault that the post guys break these things, even if it's packed in double boxes :eek:

Last edited:
R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter

Audioholic
Krell and Mark Levinson aren't quite as good as they use to be so may be you shouldn't have. Bugs happen everywhere but at some point it get annoying.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
My Denon 3808 blew up and took 6 months(not ****) of warranty repair to get it fixed.
One out of how many hundreds of thousands of receivers they ship?

I know someone who had his Axiom A1400 fail twice. Both times the company IMMEDIATELY replaced his unit. While the second failure was anoying, the response was consitant and immediate. No broken promises, no refusal to do something...

The issue is not whether or not most of AV123's products are good or not, its that they have been unwilling or unable to refund when they clearly did not deliver on their commitments. Its about making promises that you will or cannot follow through on.

The issue is not even whether or not their actions are deliberate. If you are out $1000+ the why of it doesn't really matter.

When there are issues like this, people have a right to know so they can make an informed purchase decision.

Septim, let us know how the transaction goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis