Sony BDP-BX1 opinions?

F

FNG212

Audioholic
An outlet place has a the Sony BDP-BX1 on sale for 190, is it worth picking up? I have a Samsung 46" LCD, should I get a Samsung Blu-ray player or get this? Will there be much of a difference?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
An outlet place has a the Sony BDP-BX1 on sale for 190, is it worth picking up? I have a Samsung 46" LCD, should I get a Samsung Blu-ray player or get this? Will there be much of a difference?
I found one for C$99.99.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
A few weeks ago I found some Samsung BD-P1500 in a Zeller stores marked down to C$149.99 when everywhere else even other Zellers had them priced at around 229.99. I reported that here and I knew not everyone believed it.

Yesterday I was just browsing around at this Wal Mart and spotted a BX-1 on the shelf all by itself and was marked down to 99.99 from 169.99. I couldn't believe it so I scanned the price first before checking it out to avoid being embarassed if it was a mistake. Well it wasn't a mistake but even the guy at the counter was surprised when he scanned the price. He said if he knew it he would have grabbed it for himself. Apparently they got some from Sam's club recently. The guy said may be when they did inventory the other day they found one left and decided to get rid of it quickly.

Most Wal Mart and Costco still have mountains of the 350 and BX-1 so I think it is a matter of time before they all get marked down to very affordable price. Costco in Canada is still selling the BX-1 for 227.00.

I agree it is better to grab one of those BD60 or BD-P1600 for the wifi and other new features, but it would be even better if you can find any one of those 2008 Sony and Samsung (no chance for the popular Panny models) models for a lot less money.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis