DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
lol. MFW to Onkyo sub and you're not pissed? :)

well, i guess as opposed to nothing at all ... it would help

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Sounds like the original amp was not properly designed. I was very tempted when they first came out, but am the cautious type. The price seemed too good to be true.

F

freeride

Audioholic Intern
I've had one of the B-stock originals from Cali for over a year now. Doesn't heat up, doesn't hum, turns on and off automatically as expected. It's been perfect in every way.

Shakes my whole house. Never had the volume knob turned past 12 o'clock.\

Edit: I just realized my post doesn't really add anything to the present conversation. Sorry about that. Just wanted folks to know there is a decent amount of folks out there that have had no issues with these subs. However, if I did have an issue, I'm confident Mark would help me out.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
From what I read now from av123 the amp problem with MFW-15 should be fixed.... any opinions on these things?

D

dylancash

Audioholic Intern
From what I read now from av123 the amp problem with MFW-15 should be fixed.... any opinions on these things?
It should be fixed, but we still have 3-5 weeks to wait from now based on the last update.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
From a lot of the website that I have read over the 2+ year span, I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people hate AV123 as much as there are people who loves AV123. For the life of me, I can't understand all the hate...especially before all this LS and MFW customer service down hill.

For me, if I am going to disrespect a company and it's product....my freaking azz better be able to walk the talk. I told my brother that PC computers from Dell, HP, etc are over price crap but I put my money where my mouth is....I built a DIY PC clone for him with a better spec/hardware and still save him $500. A similar PC without the Dell name cost him $1700, while Dell's was at $2,200. My opinion is if you gonna call someone out, better put your money where your mouth is..
Seriously? You actually believe that?

So what you're saying is, no one should criticize a product and the company who designed it/manufactored it; unless they themselves are capable of building the same product ....better?

:D Holy Moly! Now I've heard everything!

So going by your perception/stance, no one should ever criticize an automobile maker, or a plane they traveled in, or the quality of home builder's homes.

If you have surgery and the surgeon drops a tool into your open body cavity and slices your liver by accident; hey, suck it up. If you can't do surgery better than that guy, than shut up:D

:rolleyes:

Oh brother.

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I just felt a pain in my liver :eek: good analogy in retrospect to op's post you said it best what a joke !

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This thread was about the business ethics/practices not about debating the products. The MFW fiasco has only been discussed in the last few pages which relates to actual product discussion.

C

calnbs

Audioholic
Seriously? You actually believe that?

So what you're saying is, no one should criticize a product and the company who designed it/manufactored it; unless they themselves are capable of building the same product ....better?

:D Holy Moly! Now I've heard everything!

So going by your perception/stance, no one should ever criticize an automobile maker, or a plane they traveled in, or the quality of home builder's homes.

If you have surgery and the surgeon drops tool into your open body cavity and slices your liver by accident; hey, suck it up. If you can't do surgery better than that guy, than shut up:D

:rolleyes:

Oh brother.
Nothing wrong with criticizing a company. It just amazes me some people have all the time in the world to poop on a company 24/7 and every chance they get that has me wondering......like don't he got something better to do? What's his motive? It's like criticize and move on.....no need to poop every damn second. It's those that post constantly that trashes a company and when asked, "do you even own or have an issue with the company?"....no...but...blah...blah....blah........Some people just need a life....move on...nothing new to see. Let those people with REAL issue have their say...say what they have to say...people who had good experience...say what they have to say...everyone else say what they have to say....No need to troll every second and post every single other post to poop on a company and yet the doesn't even own a product or have an issue. LMAO....:D. I have seen to many of those.....So to those people...IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER...by all means do it and not just all talk. I welcome a new speaker, a new company. I am always looking for a better value.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You can also say, what about all the FANBOYS (this goes with any company) that come in defense of a company and downplay peoples problems while praising them in the process every chance they get. They must not have a life either.

When you garner your reputation on the internet as much as AV123 has you have to expect the good and the bad. You just can't have it one way.

C

calnbs

Audioholic
You can also say, what about all the FANBOYS (this goes with any company) that come in defense of a company and downplay peoples problems while praising them in the process every chance they get. They must not have a life either.

When you garner your reputation on the internet as much as AV123 has you have to expect the good and the bad. You just can't have it one way.
Completely agree with you on that as well. I still think AV123 is a little too culty....is that even a word? For me, my money has no loyalty to anything, any company, anyone....The moment I believe I can buy something else better or cheaper from someone else for the same perceived value..........I'M GONE.

Last edited:
TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Nothing wrong with criticizing a company. It just amazes me some people have all the time in the world to poop on a company 24/7 and every chance they get that has me wondering......like don't he got something better to do? What's his motive? It's like criticize and move on.....no need to poop every damn second. It's those that post constantly that trashes a company and when asked, "do you even own or have an issue with the company?"....no...but...blah...blah....blah........Some people just need a life....move on...nothing new to see. Let those people with REAL issue have their say...say what they have to say...people who had good experience...say what they have to say...everyone else say what they have to say....No need to troll every second and post every single other post to poop on a company and yet the doesn't even own a product or have an issue. LMAO....:D. I have seen to many of those.....So to those people...IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER...by all means do it and not just all talk. I welcome a new speaker, a new company. I am always looking for a better value.

First of all, it's absurd to even entertain such a concept of " If You Can Do Better, Then By All Means Do It and Not Just Talk".

It's a consumer market and a consumer doesn't have to be designer and builder to know when a product is poorly made and not working properly.

Nor does a consumer have to be in the business to know and feel he/she or someone else is getting taken for a ride.

It's a consumer's responsibility to speak out and spread information about a company that has either taken a nose dive and is screwing with their customers or were rip-off artists....to begin with. THAT's what brings awareness, prevents more comsumers from falling victim to scams and shaddy companies, saves people their hard-earned maoney and forces companies to be held accountable/responsible for their business practices and quality control of their products.

What you're suggestiing is that no one speak out about it or inform other consumers; unless they themselves can do a better job building that exact same product/component.

Which is absolutely ridiculous and possibily seems to be rooted in some sort of self-interest. Why would you be so concerned about what people speak out against and how often they speak out (or as you put it..."Poop on them")?

One doesn't have to own the product to feel outrage over the business practices of a company in their hobby. Especially if one had some serious considerations towards purchasing a product from the company. Or even if someone wants to keep "pooping on them" for the purposes of keeping awareness to the problem, putting pressure on the company to make things right, clean up their act and preventing any more possible victims.

I wouldn't let you buy something from a White Van saleman. I would scream about it every day and warn everyone that there is a White Van rip-off artist in their area.

If I saw thieves breaking into my neighbor's house or car, I would call the police and then call them...to let them know there were thieves trying to break into house or car. And if those very same thieves came casually walking up the street a few months later, I would call the police again and warn my neighbors.

That's what good neighbors do. It keeps the neighborhood safer. That's what good consumers do. It keeps our hobby and savings accounts.....SAFER.

So are you a good consumer, a good neighbor? Or are you interested in aiding thieves?

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
The way things are going on this thread, it should read "Complaint thread and if you don't like it Tuff". That the cleaned up version. :D:):D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
This thread was about the business ethics/practices not about debating the products. The MFW fiasco has only been discussed in the last few pages which relates to actual product discussion.
I think the way they deal with the problems and technical issues will also be a valid point that relates to their business ethics/practices :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think the way they deal with the problems and technical issues will also be a valid point that relates to their business ethics/practices :D
I agree 100%, that is one area that relates to it.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Or are you interested in aiding thieves?
Well, maybe if they gave me a cut... ;)

I don't think hes is interested in aiding theaves, he just has a different opinion of the company. He is entitled to post his opinions just like anyone else. Those reading can make their own decisions on the company.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that the op started this thread for and I just wanted to update that MLS has not rectified this situation. He sent me an ELT 5.0 set($800 value) as an "I'm sorry for the problem" gift, but he has yet to actually send me a refund. If anything it's more of the same. He has informed my friend Grant(op) that he would send me a refund on three separate occasions and each time nothing. Now he just isn't responding to emails at all.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Well that sucks. The ELTs are a gesture of intent, but certainly not what you paid for.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis