New, Residesigned PS3 coming out soon.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief

Looks like an Euro/Canadian Official Box leaked out. Probably will be announced at E3 this summer. It's slimmer, lighter, smaller. The new PS3 logo is being featured on several upcoming PS3 game trailers. (ie.. Tecmo NG2)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be curious to hear pricing. Looks like that is a 120G, so perhaps they will have an even larger one than the current 160? Not that I need another one yet...:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'll be curious to hear pricing. Looks like that is a 120G, so perhaps they will have an even larger one than the current 160? Not that I need another one yet...:)
bah. Just put a terrabyte in it already.

I could put one in mine lol, but it would be a waste of hard disk.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
was the current gen too big?
Compared to other units like the Wii and the former very small "slim" PS2, it is large. I am not sure the curved "egg" shape was a big seller either.

bah. Just put a terrabyte in it already.
I have 250 in mine now and that is almost too much :) Until they get Netflix connected to it...

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
This is a horrible rumor going around the internet. There is no PS3 slim. And if it was true, that thing would look hideous

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
true or not, at least my PS3's aren't obsolete yet :) i don't care about the size and weight

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
If there are any new ps3's hopefully they're cheaper. That's all the average consumer cares about at this point.

Not that any sort of refresh wouldn't be welcome. The current one is pretty huge. I'm not a big fan of the shiny finish either, just shows the dust more (which it's collecting more and more nowadays for me).

Though when they downsize it, it'll probably lose stuff...the PS2 lost the hard drive bay, etc. If they get it to $299 though... :)

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I call BS, the best we can hope for at E3 is a price drop.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Cheaper... maybe.
Logo.... perhaps.
Smaller.... hoax.

PS3 hasn't been around that long to shrink it. It must remain large for another 3 years. Then get the Slim Fast out!

(BTW, I HATE THIS LAPTOP KEYBOARD. I need mine fixed)

One thing is for certain, though... the PS3 is ugly. I mean, Black or silver... decide already? Combining them reminds me of old Radio Shack products. The silver front is hideous and it kinda reminds me of a Bose head unit for home theater.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I call BS, the best we can hope for at E3 is a price drop.
I agree with ITO... I read somewhere that the PS3 wasn't selling like they expected, so Sony was going to be doing price drops, not re-designing the entire device and re-marketing it. I hate the Slim PS2's... they are terrible in terms of reliability... and I could see a Slim PS3 following the same suite.

Guess we will just have to wait and see :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have not had a single problem with my Slim and I got it right when they came out. I never had a problem with my "big" PS2 either though.

Sony is having money issues, so a price drop would seem inevitable, with them posting another loss. I doubt they would sink money into an overhaul of this unit right now, unless they are really trying to cut costs on it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I won't believe anything until there is an official statement from Sony.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
One thing is for certain, though... the PS3 is ugly. I mean, Black or silver... decide already? Combining them reminds me of old Radio Shack products. The silver front is hideous and it kinda reminds me of a Bose head unit for home theater.
I disagree. In vertical mode, it looks great. But that's my opinion. Lay it flat and it looks like the George Forman Grill.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Dear lord, it needs a logo change more than ANYTHING! How long are we gunna have to deal with the spiderman 3 logo?
Spiderman 3? Playstation 3?

Sounds and looks the same! Let's roll with it! :D

Back to the PS2 Font I SAY!!!! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis