Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am disappointed in the degree of my boredom as of late. I got my computer wired up to the Behringer preamp/mic combo to run REW. That was not boring, that was hard for some reason. Figuring out how to use it has proven to be impossible ... so far. :)

The cheese rec'r I bought to run my TT came with Pioneer HPM-100 speakers. Well the binding posts are screwy and some stuff on them looks like it needs replacing. The real kicker is that I found something on the net saying to replace some crossover parts with this:

Qty Part Number Product
2 005-10 Mills 10 Ohm 12W Non-Inductive Resistor
2 027-419 Dayton DMPC-4.3 4.3uF 250V Polypr Cap
2 027-220 Dayton PMPC-3.0 3.0uF 250V Precis Cap
2 027-462 Jantzen 0.15uF 1200V Z-Superior Cap

Of course I have the crossover in the condo and am fascinated by the prospect of using my soldering iron again. Once again, not boring. I'm so into it that I even found a pic on the web of the crossover:

Alrighty then ... car repairs should be boring me out of my skull, right? Wrong. Somehow even that has found a way of providing me with angst and elation. My g/f buys a new car last year. The dealership offers her $1,000 for her Focus. I take it instead as a backup for my other POS. :D

The coil spring breaks. :(
Dealer fixes as a recall. :)
Dealer wants $58 to replace a wheel stud. :eek:
I say FU but manage to destroy 2 more and 7 wheel lugs trying to fix. :rolleyes:
Instead of doing a $58.00 job for $3.50 in parts it costs me $20. :eek:
So I saved $38 and got an education. :)

No, I am not bored but if you read this you must be a freakin' zombie by now. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
No, I am not bored but if you read this you must be a freakin' zombie by now. :D
So true, so true. :D Well, I felt like a zombie before that. I'll be going back to bed, but I woke up and noticed a spider on the wall that was about 2" from end to end. Didn't freak me out, but I don't like the prospect of it crawling over me or Niki. So, I put it out in the garage and am just calming back down.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I received my new sunglasses today. I ordered the brown frames because I was thinking my others were too feminine. "Berry" sure as heck isn't going to help with that. :)
Though, they would look divine with that salmon sweater, or a shirt tied in the front.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Berries? Man, I'm hungry. Time for some Breakie. Breakie could be good for me. No! No! Focus...I am speed....

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Reporting in from FL.-
Riding jet skis in the Gulf of Mexico, it’s like a giant lake.
It’s so flat, it may qualify as boring.:)

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Reporting in from FL.-
Riding jet skis in the Gulf of Mexico, it’s like a giant lake.
It’s so flat, it may qualify as boring.:)
While you are riding around on Jet Skiis...

We've got a current temp of around 57 degrees
Winds w/ gusts up to 30mph
Rain... rain... rain...
:mad:

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I was sitting in my apartment this morning watching cnn and all of sudden i hear loud cruntch then a loud bang. The building shook, I was like what the hell is going on. I looked outside and a jimmy suv had struck the building. The lady said her brakes went out. She hit two cars and scratched my bumper then took out the fence and bumped the building. Thank god on one was hurt.

Matt34

Matt34

I was sitting in my apartment this morning watching cnn and all of sudden i hear loud cruntch then a loud bang. The building shook, I was like what the hell is going on. I looked outside and a jimmy suv had struck the building. The lady said her brakes went out. She hit two cars and scratched my bumper then took out the fence and bumped the building. Thank god on one was hurt.
Or she mistaken the gas for the brakes while texting and smoking a cig.:eek:

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
That's nuts... good thing she didn't completely take out your car :p

Didya get any pics of this lady's masterpiece?

Matt34

Matt34

I passed my physical fitness test this morning and have offically lost a total of 13lbs in four weeks.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Or she mistaken the gas for the brakes while texting and smoking a cig.:eek:
I don't think so, she had her little daughter in the car. She was very shaken up.

That's nuts... good thing she didn't completely take out your car :p

Didya get any pics of this lady's masterpiece?
I have some scratches on my bumper cover and its very loose now. I guess I should have taken some pictures. Anyway the cops got there and took pictures of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis