DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
What's really frustrating is that this kind of thing happened before under a different company that MLS owned but a lot of people here, including myself never knew about it till after this latest debacle came about.

What company is that?

A

Alai

Enthusiast
Could someone tell me which products are AV123's and which ones they are just reselling (i.e. Swans back when they were selling the Diva line, etc.)? Do they sell anything that ISN'T AV123 anymore?

S

sliderstinks

Audiophyte
I wanted to share my recent experience with AV123 because I think that this thread could be misleading to somebody who stumbles across it while researching speakers (and speaker companies).

I have been shopping around on the internet for an entry level 5.0 system. To give you an idea where I am coming from, this search started at sites like bestbuy.com, and has progressed over the last month to audiophile forums like this one. I signed up today, with the intent of posting to this thread.

Earlier this week I decided to go with the ELT525 5.0 set from AV123, despite the complaints in this thread, and I am very glad that I did. I placed the order on Tuesday, and went to their factory today to pick it up (I live nearby in CO). Everybody I dealt with was very friendly and accommodating, from giving me directions to the warehouse to helping me load the speakers into my car. I would not hesitate to deal with AV123 again.

On a slightly different topic -
The speakers are everything I hoped for. My girlfriend was dubious about the prospect of large speakers finding a home in our living room but the nice finish won her over. I am like a kid in a candy store - trying to decide which CD to play next and skipping around to various DVD scenes. These replaced old Bose 201 bookshelves- and the improvement is even more then I imagined.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us. Also, I'm happy that you are enjoying your new speakers so much.

Excellent screen name, btw! :D

G

Green_Flea

Audiophyte
I am having a problem with one of my MFW-15's going dead. My opinion is that these subs are running way to hot and killing the amp. Heat Kills electronic components. It burns my hand when I touch it to the back of the sub, I could almost cook an egg on this thing. I can only imagine what the temperature is inside.

What wonders a little fan would do just to move some air around, But what the hell do I know, I don't have an engineering degree.:confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am having a problem with one of my MFW-15's going dead. My opinion is that these subs are running way to hot and killing the amp. Heat Kills electronic components. It burns my hand when I touch it to the back of the sub, I could almost cook an egg on this thing. I can only imagine what the temperature is inside.

What wonders a little fan would do just to move some air around, But what the hell do I know, I don't have an engineering degree.:confused:
To start, I'd contact AV123 about getting a replacement...if only a replacement amp. I don't think that it should be considered normal to have a sub shut down because the amp is getting to hot.

You certainly could put a fan to cool off the amp as a way to fix the issue.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic

This sub is guaranteed with a 3 year warranty from av123. I would contact them ASAP and have them fix this. It sounds like you have more than one MFW-15? Is the other one running hot and having issues as well?

G

Green_Flea

Audiophyte
This sub is guaranteed with a 3 year warranty from av123. I would contact them ASAP and have them fix this. It sounds like you have more than one MFW-15? Is the other one running hot and having issues as well?
Yes, my other one is running right now sounds great, but it is hot as hell.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Perpetual Technoligies is AV123. There's no difference. Service & QC issues with AA were not unknown.

M

mannoiaj

Junior Audioholic
From a lot of the website that I have read over the 2+ year span, I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people hate AV123 as much as there are people who loves AV123. For the life of me, I can't understand all the hate...especially before all this LS and MFW customer service down hill.

For me, if I am going to disrespect a company and it's product....my freaking azz better be able to walk the talk. I told my brother that PC computers from Dell, HP, etc are over price crap but I put my money where my mouth is....I built a DIY PC clone for him with a better spec/hardware and still save him $500. A similar PC without the Dell name cost him $1700, while Dell's was at $2,200. My opinion is if you gonna call someone out, better put your money where your mouth is.

I recall reading someone spent countless times pooping on AV123 thread and how lucky he felt not buying a MFW 15 because of its failure rate but was extremely glad that he spent his money at eD and glad to receive a dead eD subwoofer? I mean...WTF? LOL...some people just have too much time on their hands. It's just weird that people continue to poop on a thread but owns nothing and has no reason to poop in that thread in the first place but still spend hours doing it. Ecost.com have horrific ratings but I don't spend every single second pooping on them...why? because I don't have any experience with them and I simply have better things to do....my .02 cents.
What a cowardice post. And you're lying and exaggerating. Get a life man... and don't lie about what I post.

G

Green_Flea

Audiophyte
alright, 2nd MFW-15 blew already, That was fast. What a piece of ****.

G

Green_Flea

Audiophyte
I am pissed, But at least I still have my 5 year old $100 Onkyo sub that is still pounding as hard as the day it was new. If I didn't have that I would really be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis