Audio Dynamics Corp.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I acquired a pair of ADC XT-10- Loudspeakers from a friend of mine.

I couldn't find too much information on them online, and while they don't sound too bad, I was hoping maybe someone on here knew a little more about these things? :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Aren't they a 2 way system with a 10" woofer and black grilles? If so, they are from the mid seventies. They replaced their ADC's 303 speakers, which were essentially the same thing. both were pretty decent with a fair amount of bass and a nice crisp (but not overbearing) mid/high end.

ADC was a well known brand then and specialized in phono cartridges and a few speakers. Theit 404 was probably the first mini-speaker on the market and their XLM/VLM pono cartridges were considered among the best available, even if a bit delicate.

Later in their lifetime they became more known for consumer level graphic equalizers and by the end of the seventies they sorta began their fade into oblivion.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Aren't they a 2 way system with a 10" woofer and black grilles? If so, they are from the mid seventies. They replaced their ADC's 303 speakers, which were essentially the same thing. both were pretty decent with a fair amount of bass and a nice crisp (but not overbearing) mid/high end.

ADC was a well known brand then and specialized in phono cartridges and a few speakers. Theit 404 was probably the first mini-speaker on the market and their XLM/VLM pono cartridges were considered among the best available, even if a bit delicate.

Later in their lifetime they became more known for consumer level graphic equalizers and by the end of the seventies they sorta began their fade into oblivion.
Sounds about right. Thanks! I was reading about their phono cartridges, but there wasn't a lot out there on the speakers...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis