Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
That's why you gotta lick it before you kick it.
One of 'em tastes like ... :eek::D

Hey Jamie, I need to get a boom mic stand to take room measurements. I have a Guitar Center close by, Musiciansfriend.com and Zzounds.com. Your thoughts?
Mic stand from guitar ctr should do you fine. You can most likely get a used one from there for under $20... then again this would be perfect for you: http://www.goodbuyguys.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/66_68/products_id/238?osCsid=1ae36a3e45135a999350f2113115b285

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've been thinking about raffling off my B&W ASW1000 and IPS-1 for charity to go to a local animal rescue organization named FAIR. I want to have it so that people can donate directly to FAIR, but they haven't responded to my inquiry about internet donations (they don't have anything like that listed on their site). I figure that way, people get a tax deduction, and they don't have to trust me with the money.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been thinking about raffling off my B&W ASW1000 and IPS-1 for charity to go to a local animal rescue organization named FAIR. I want to have it so that people can donate directly to FAIR, but they haven't responded to my inquiry about internet donations (they don't have anything like that listed on their site). I figure that way, people get a tax deduction, and they don't have to trust me with the money.
You could always sell it and give them the cash but you already knew that. Doesn't your Emo buzz or something? I just checked and the MSRP on that is like $1200. :eek: Wow.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Raffle it off to me buddy I need a B&W sub to match my other B&W stuff...:D I will rescue a puppy in your name....deal?;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You could always sell it and give them the cash but you already knew that. Doesn't your Emo buzz or something? I just checked and the MSRP on that is like $1200. :eek: Wow.
I'm not much for selling gear. I tend to just give it away. However, the sub and the amp aren't in the "give away" zone, yet. Raffling them to make some money for a good organization seemed like a good choice.

The Emo hums when it's powered on. Some people may never notice it (my parents didn't). If it was in an equipment closet, it wouldn't be noticeable. The hum is annoying, but getting repeatedly blown off by Emo was what really soured me on them. Someone without that history could always keep at them to make good on their warranty.

I haven't made up my mind if I'd raffle them or not. I just thought that I'd throw it out there and see what people thought of it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After trying to get to the store for about three weeks, I finally made it to a liquor store that carries the Agave Wheat beer that I've been hankering since I had it around Christmas. I bought 18 of them. I just had one - I think that I put it up on a pedestal. It wasn't as tasty as I remembered. However, it has 17 more chances to redeem itself.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If that laminated badge is as magic as you claim, the sub is yours. :D
When Jamie gets to Tuscon he'll make the magic himself for that sub.
Just close your eyes. :D

I have the fan and the amp to do this:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/bonaz/JBL/Quiet-fan-upgrade/Quiet-Fan.htm

Now I need a player and a couple of subs. I have a couple of JBL GTx 10's that I need to test with a Dayton Woofer Tester 3 to make sure that they're good before I build boxes for them. Usually I switch obsessions but this audio thing is just getting worse. I mean, I have a calibrated mic now. I still don't know how to use it but I have it.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the concern and good wishes guys. Sorry for so few updates; it has been a rough last couple of days. I never understood how people valued their pets as much as they do until we got one of our own. She has never really even been sick so this was kind of nerve-racking.

That poison is nasty stuff. I wasn't really sure if she was going to pull through. She was throwing absolutely everything up, and there was lots of blood in it. She didn't throw any more blood up after yesterday afternoon, which made me feel a bit better, and thankfully she was back to her old happy self this morning. I think all the blood was just from the trauma of everything else - she probably tore things up in there, but it must be on the mend. She can finally keep food (and the vitamin K antidote) down, and this morning she had her first full meal since early Wednesday. The vet said it takes up to a month to get all of that stuff out of her system with the antidote, but she seems just fine now and it is certainly a relief.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the update, Strube. I'm so glad that she's doing so much better this morning!

[Perhaps as a bit of a stress relief, look at your chicklets. :)]

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon doesn't have any groceries on it's Friday Sale today. Bummer. I look forward to seeing what new snacks I can pick up on sale.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I will be.....in Tuscan that is...at some point this summer..:D
I have to question the sanity of any group (or sound man) that would voluntarily choose to come to Tucson in the summer. :eek: :D

Mi casa es su casa. Well, as long as you don't walk on the carpet in your shoes. Or eat in the living room. Or smoke inside. Wow, I'm already a lousy host, and you're not even here. :p

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I just had lunch at very cool place called tricky fish. They have all natual and locally grown foods. check out the menu at trickyfish.net:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just had lunch at very cool place called tricky fish. They have all natual and locally grown foods. check out the menu at trickyfish.net:D
The Gulf Shrimp sounds good. The deep-fried hot dog does not. :)

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I had the pulled pork sandwitch:D It was a little spicy, just the way i like it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis