No sound out of Polk Subwoofer

I

Illini

Audiophyte
I'm a total rookie here but I have looked everywhere for a solution to this problem and I'm completely lost.

I decided to put together a new home theatre system and it has me totally exasperated. My system uses Polk TSi 200 front/center speakers and a Polk PSW110 subwoofer. My receiver for this system is a Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH and my TV is a 52" Sharp Aquos. The sub is connected from the receiver to the sub with an RCA cable into the LFE connection.

Here's the problem. I get no sound whatsoever out of my sub. Doesn't matter if I play music or watch tv/bluray, etc. I simply get no sound. When I go through the setup menu on the receiver and check the receiver settings it doesn't even recognize the sub connected to the system. When I run the auto set up and connect the microphone I get test sounds out of every speaker but the sub. Then I have gone back and manually selected "YES" on the set up menu for the sub, reran the audio tests and still get no test sounds. It doesn't even recognize the sub on the front display of the receiver.

I took the sub to a buddy's house, plugged it into his system with the same rca cable and viola...the sub worked.

Any idea what I am missing here? I'm literally at my wits end...

Thanks,

Randy

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Did you try and reset the reciever? My Elite allows you to reset back to factory settings and the manual explains how. It is worth a try.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm a total rookie here but I have looked everywhere for a solution to this problem and I'm completely lost.

I decided to put together a new home theatre system and it has me totally exasperated. My system uses Polk TSi 200 front/center speakers and a Polk PSW110 subwoofer. My receiver for this system is a Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH and my TV is a 52" Sharp Aquos. The sub is connected from the receiver to the sub with an RCA cable into the LFE connection.

Here's the problem. I get no sound whatsoever out of my sub. Doesn't matter if I play music or watch tv/bluray, etc. I simply get no sound. When I go through the setup menu on the receiver and check the receiver settings it doesn't even recognize the sub connected to the system. When I run the auto set up and connect the microphone I get test sounds out of every speaker but the sub. Then I have gone back and manually selected "YES" on the set up menu for the sub, reran the audio tests and still get no test sounds. It doesn't even recognize the sub on the front display of the receiver.

I took the sub to a buddy's house, plugged it into his system with the same rca cable and viola...the sub worked.

Any idea what I am missing here? I'm literally at my wits end...

Thanks,

Randy
You probably hooked up the sub to the wrong connections. Make sure you hook em up to the pre-amp outs LFE spot not the inputs. (I've done this before.) Also make sure it's plugged in and turned on(I've done that before too). Most issues are connection or power on/off issues.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would also almost bet you are using the multi channel inputs. Double check back there.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis