DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ack_bak

Audioholic
I was recently in the market for some new front speakers (right, left, center) and would definitely had considered av123, but passed after reading about all the issues.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
I was recently in the market for some new front speakers (right, left, center) and would definitely had considered av123, but passed after reading about all the issues.
Call to see if they have what you want in stock. If so, go for it!

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
Call to see if they have what you want in stock. If so, go for it!
No offense, but I would rather give my money to a company that is reliable. Who knows if av123, will fullfill issues with warranties, etc? There are too many other great speaker companies out there that have very reliable customer service and a stronger reputation as of late.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
No offense taken. It's not my company! :D

All this bad press can't be good for them. Hopefully, people who bought recently will start posting their success stories. I've never had any problems. Customer support has always been great. Heck, you can even call and talk to the owner! Not many companies where you can do that.

I still recommend the Rockets though. Maybe see if you can find any used online. Check Audiogon.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
No offense taken. It's not my company! :D

All this bad press can't be good for them. Hopefully, people who bought recently will start posting their success stories. I've never had any problems. Customer support has always been great. Heck, you can even call and talk to the owner! Not many companies where you can do that.

I still recommend the Rockets though. Maybe see if you can find any used online. Check Audiogon.
Yes, I think this bad press will hurt them. There are just so many really good ID speaker companies out there that seem to be more reliable at this time. If av123 can make things right and turn things around from a CS perspective, I think they will be just fine over time. And I know they make great speakers. But in the end I want to give my money to a company who is reliable and stands by their word.

So I ended up buying 3 SVS SCS-01 speakers for my fronts and center. Great customer service and very helpful. Having talked to HSU and Emotiva a number of times I can also recommend them as well.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So I ended up buying 3 SVS SCS-01 speakers for my fronts and center. Great customer service and very helpful. Having talked to HSU and Emotiva a number of times I can also recommend them as well.
Now you need to buy a SVS subwoofer :D. I would get the sub next, then your surrounds.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
Now you need to buy a SVS subwoofer :D. I would get the sub next, then your surrounds.
Well, I already have an Elemental Designs sub that I really like :)

But I have heard great things about SVS subs. In fact, I was really torn between the eD, HSU, av123, and SVS subs.

The eD has been a great bang for the buck and I definitely recommend them to people that do not mind a large ugly looking sub :)

K

KlipschHead281

Junior Audioholic
I recently purchased 2 MFW-15 subwoofers and in the process of buying a pair of c-stock X-LS bookshelf speakers.

So far, the shipping was fast and the people have been responsive. I do have an issue open for a crack in the veneer that they have been responsive about via email. Waiting for new ones to come in before shipping that one back. Both are performing perfectly right now so we'll see what happens over time.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
I recently purchased 2 MFW-15 subwoofers and in the process of buying a pair of c-stock X-LS bookshelf speakers.

So far, the shipping was fast and the people have been responsive. I do have an issue open for a crack in the veneer that they have been responsive about via email. Waiting for new ones to come in before shipping that one back. Both are performing perfectly right now so we'll see what happens over time.
Good to hear. You may want to give them a rating here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AV123

I'm going to after I receive my 450s Thursday. Assuming they show up. :rolleyes:

pmac

pmac

Junior Audioholic
It has been since late last month since we have heard from the OP. Does anyone know if he finally got this resolved? Last we heard was that it was "getting resolved".

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
It has been since late last month since we have heard from the OP. Does anyone know if he finally got this resolved? Last we heard was that it was "getting resolved".
The OP posted on 3/28 that he was contacted by MLS (CEO of av123) and that they were working to resolve the issue. My guess is that it got resolved. But the fact that it came down to the OP having to post such a thread to begin with was enough to scare me away from av123 at this point in time.

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
Try ACI Loudspeakers and subwoofers.

http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/speakers.htm

I wouldn't buy from Av123 ...not even on a dare, with someone else's money.
They do have great products at a great price. My issues have been getting resolved more quickly which makes me happy. I was issued a refund check for my ufw's, and a replacement rsc200 was shipped in less than a week of me asking for a replacement.

Sure it has been a long, frustrating road for me, but things are improving and situations are getting resolved.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
They do have great products at a great price. My issues have been getting resolved more quickly which makes me happy. I was issued a refund check for my ufw's, and a replacement rsc200 was shipped in less than a week of me asking for a replacement.

Sure it has been a long, frustrating road for me, but things are improving and situations are getting resolved.
Again I'm gonna promote Reseller Ratings. I don't work for them or AV123. But RR is a great site to check out sellers and give feedback.

I think a lot of people have legitimate gripes and they should have a place to have their voice heard. The problem is I think some people posting haven't even bought anything from AV123 and are just using this as a bashing opportunity. Using RR would clear that all up since they attempt to authenticate reviewers with invoice numbers and other methods. Further, just as people with gripes have a right to speak, people who are happy with AV123 (or whatever company) can also voice their opinions on products they purchased from them.

So, I say if you've got a legitimate gripe, take it to RR. If you're happy with AV123, take it to RR. And if you're just posting to bash them or just be a fan-boy, you hopefully RR will catch you. :D I should note that I can't leave any feedback on RR until I get my order.

I really should make a commission on pushing this site. . . . :p

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
RR is an excellent suggestion. Presently there is only one review and it's pretty positive. IMO, AV123 should actively promote and subscribe to RR as well as urging all their customers to share their experiences in one central location for the online community.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
RR is an excellent suggestion. Presently there is only one review and it's pretty positive. IMO, AV123 should actively promote and subscribe to RR as well as urging all their customers to share their experiences in one central location for the online community.
It is my understanding that they are in the process of registering with RR.

C

calnbs

Audioholic
Completely agree with exander about posting your experience on review site as much as possible about your experience with internet stores, wheather you had a good or bad experience.

I had good experience with AV123 and I posted glowing reviews of my experience. If I had bad experiences, I would of posted bad reviews. In the end, all I want is people to know the truth so that they themselve can decide if its for them or not. I wish people with bad experience posted there too to balance out my post as well so that people will have a clearer view of what AV123 is about.

J

just listening

Audioholic
Over the past 3 years I've bought, or helped a friend purchase 4 sets of speakers from AV123. In each case things went perfect. IMHO, AV123 speakers sound far better than comparable speakers that are advertised on this forum, and I've compared them head to head. I'll be honest, I never buy or recommend purchasing anything that is not "in stock". In this day and age, it is a recipe for disaster.

I know they've had problem this past year with new product lines, and sadly, made the HUGE mistake of taking partial or total payment for product before it was in the warehouse. I also understand that some 70-odd customers are in this situation, and in the past month that amends have been going on to take care of these injustices. IMHO, the customers never should have been hung out to dry. The owner, Schifter, is probably going to spend the next few years recovering from the debacle, as before the problem the company was riding very high.

D

diegs

Junior Audioholic
I am considering grabbing some x series speakers from av123. The reviews are great and the price is right on the sale stuff. All the info I see about mls suggests he's an audio pioneer, well regarded by peers and has surrounded himself with excellent people. I guess a combination of personal issues and sh!t economy have affected him and his company. I'm sure he is the heartbeat of av123. He has been posting on his forum... A good sign. He seems to fixing all the problems at av123. I was going to buy polks on newegg, but I think it might be worth getting x-ls's. What do you think? Btw... I am generally optomistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis