UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

Great racing though guys. When was the last time you saw, take position -lose position - take position back - lose position etc...etc...racing in F1. The Alonso/Weber battle was fun stuff!:cool:

Ferrarri looks mis-managed too me.:( How long until Kimi has a fit???

Oh yeah, Hamilton (both of them;)) is a baby.
I think most of that battle was due to the KERS vs. no KERS. There was one shot where he was almost by and then you see the Renault shoot forward a bit with the KERS boost.

It was exciting none the less.

I am not a fan of overtaking just for the sake of overtaking. Though much of that action was not of that sort.

annunaki

annunaki

Up next in the action, Diffuser appeals! :rolleyes:

Let's face it. The big guys are mad that Toyota, Brawn, & Williams came up with something all their dollars (besides Toyota) did not and they are not happy.

I think the average fans really like the shake up at the moment. I believe the current standings will stay and so will the diffusers. It would be wrong at this point to change everything...

...then again, it is the FIA

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I know, FIA is so fikkle. I hope the diffusers aren't banned. All I know, when BMW and Redbull get their hands on it, then we will really have fight, especially BMW, as they have KERS too.

Ok, did you see the start that Alonso and Rosberg got!! I can understand Alonso with the KERS, but Rosberg got it perfect, I just don't understand how he's so good in practice and quali, but struggles so much in the race?

annunaki

annunaki

Rosberg showed so much promise in Bahrain on his debut, and it has kind of dropped of in terms of race craft & performance since, even with a quality machine such as the Williams this year.

Hopefully he can get back that scrapping form quickly.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well at least the diffuser issue will be decided before the next race. This whole lie-gate is another problem. Mclaren just has no luck. Serves em right, after the spy issue, their rep has gone from the best to the worst. I'm sure the other teams hands aren't clean either, but Mclaren just keeps getting caught.

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Well at least the diffuser issue will be decided before the next race. This whole lie-gate is another problem. Mclaren just has no luck. Serves em right, after the spy issue, their rep has gone from the best to the worst. I'm sure the other teams hands aren't clean either, but Mclaren just keeps getting caught.
Yea, from what I've read, it appears that Hamilton was told to let Truilli back past as they (McLaren) are so paranoid about being collared by the FIA. The radio communication shows the team was trying to get an answer from Charlie Whiting as to whether they needed to let Truilli past, but didn't get an answer in time.

One of the BBC pundits pointed out that they might have been awarded the 3rd place anyway, or at least have looked good in the eyes of the public and got an unexpected 4th. Instead, they gave a different picture of the situation to the stewards. Seems mad to me - given that the radio comms are available, they were always going to get found out.

Last edited:
R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I don't know the rules, but seems to me that if someone runs off the road while under safety car conditions and gets passed, tough luck, he loses his position.

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Diffusers ruled legal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm

Looking forward to the outcome of this - hopefully the other teams will appear with new diffusers soon, and we'll see the competition increasing. Not before JB gets a few more wins though, I hope :).

Red Bull must be a bit worried though, as their suspension system allegedly makes it hard for them to incorporate these diffusers.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I got a question for some of you who follow F1 more closely than I (I'm a Sprint Car fan). I was watching practice last night on SPEED and saw something I haven't seen before -- the front wheels had a covering over them that did not rotate with the tires??!! Whassup with that and how do they do it?

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
I got a question for some of you who follow F1 more closely than I (I'm a Sprint Car fan). I was watching practice last night on SPEED and saw something I haven't seen before -- the front wheels had a covering over them that did not rotate with the tires??!! Whassup with that and how do they do it?
I guess it'll be attached to a central section of the wheel hub (the discs spin with the nut as the pit crew puts on the new wheel).

The purpose is to further affect the aerodynamics and general airflow around the wheel. My guess is that it'll be smoothing the airflow, in order to help other parts of the car (or at least reducing drag round the wheels).

McLaren have one that extends over the front edge of the tyre at the moment, so I suspect that's a bit more complex (it's got to be facing the right way, so presumably doesn't spin as they tighten a wheel nut).

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Wow, Vettel and Redbull impress along with Alonso. Yeah they are all light and I think Brawn still have the edge, but, when Redbull gets their diffuser, I feel Brawn won't have the best car anymore!

annunaki

annunaki

Vettel is continuing to impress. His abilities are amplified with a good car, but even without it he is pretty good. He is quite exceptional in the wet too.

I remember another German like that too. Time will tell if he is any where near as good as that fella. ;)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, we'll see. So Rosberg tops the practice times again. Yawn, what's the point, his race pace sucks.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was at Kansas Speedway at caught a few Indy cars running laps today.....

IMO....those cars are very loud, fast, and impressive by themselves, but that brand of racing as a whole is very lame.

annunaki

annunaki

Spoiler Alert

Buckeye,

On a road course they are not so bad. If they make it up to Road America again, I may go check them out since there is no F1 in the US right now. If you think they are loud, you have not experienced F1 first hand!

It was interesting to see Toyota take the top 2 spots on the grid in Bahrain. We'll see how legitimate it is once the fuel & weights are released.

My guess is that they are a little light but not by much. Brawn is probably a bit heavier again. Vettel will probably be set to fight for the win based upon his Q2 times.

What a shame for Webber getting all blocked up by Sutil.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Good race. Toyotas quali was obviously a pr stunt. Mclaren look to be making improvement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis