Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm in the process of trying to get my multi-channel analog connection between my DVD and my receiver to not suck. Core over the digital connection (Dolby Digital) sounds awesome. The analog DVD-Audio sounds kinda crappy. I was reminded of one bad thing about my receiver: the multichannel inputs can only be selected with a button on the unit itself. I also found out that my Pioneer won't apply it's MCACC settings to the multi-channel inputs...uggg.

Perhaps I will stick with the DD soundtrack and call it a day. It sounds good, after all. I was just excited about finally having a DVD-A disc.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What player do you have Adam?

As W. would say ... is our children learnin'? :confused: :eek: :D

I betcha he's got his Bose bi-wired with Monster Cable. :p

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm working on a late project for one of my classes. I've scrapped it 5 times at this point... :mad:

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Random Word

*****assness

-pat

(It was the third one on the opening page...I didn't have to look far)
(The b-word gets starred but not the rest?!)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Project submitted for better or worse. Off to bed to prepare for the onslaught of full band tomorrow!

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Panasonic DVD-F85. Gonna look up the manual for me? :D
I love it. DVD-A sounds like $h!t yet he mocks. :rolleyes:

Yes, Mr. Smarty Pants, I looked up the manual and noticed that there was some work to be done on pg. 22 regarding speaker settings which you have no doubt not done. Pg. 19 offers a sound attenuator option should the audio from the analog connectors sound like @$$.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Home-Players/model.DVD-F85K

I like the player. What crossover is used when you set the speakers to small? That 6 channel business is going to require a separate calibration where your rec'r may only allow you to set the gains but not the delay and crossover points because the signal is in the analog domain and all that other stuff is done in the digital domain. I think you will find that setting the sub gain all the way up is a good starting point because it is the weak link in a multi channel set up. Then level match the other channels to that.

Ah yes, the multi channel set up, a royal pain to the lazy procrastinators of audio. :)

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I teach 5th and 6th grade band. 1 out of every three days is the entire group together.

-pat
ooo weee! I remember those days. I played clarinet in 6th grade, then switched to sax w/ occasional drums in high school. Those were the good old days. I wish I still had by Yanagisawa alto and my soprano too. Those were great horns. :eek:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
almost lunch time. I'm weighing my options. I always get some sort of sandwich, the question is just "from where?".

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
almost lunch time. I'm weighing my options. I always get some sort of sandwich, the question is just "from where?".
I had a Wawa shortie Italian hoagie with provolone cheese, lettuce & hot and sweet peppers.

It's ok...:)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I had a Wawa shortie Italian hoagie with provolone cheese, lettuce & hot and sweet peppers.

It's ok...:)
That sounds pretty fantastic... Where did you end up, Chris? I need some more inspiration... I hate days working at home.. Its an all day pig-out fest..

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That sounds pretty fantastic... Where did you end up, Chris? I need some more inspiration... I hate days working at home.. Its an all day pig-out fest..
I ended up going downstairs and getting a bacon cheeseburger and fries. We have a restaurant that is ran by this Korean family and they can cook up anything. I don't know how they do it, but nearly everything they have is awesome.

Plus, I couldn't find the motivation to go out into the balmy 45* weather we're having today.

http://www.neo-delicatessen.com/index.html

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
My trip to KC was an absolute flop... we came in at 2.5X their budget... That sucks.. at least the weather here today is awesome...

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I ended up going downstairs and getting a bacon cheeseburger and fries. We have a restaurant that is ran by this Korean family and they can cook up anything. I don't know how they do it, but nearly everything they have is awesome.

Plus, I couldn't find the motivation to go out into the balmy 45* weather we're having today.

http://www.neo-delicatessen.com/index.html
Hmmmm.. that Bulgogi Wrap sounds awesome.. Prices look very reasonable...

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
My trip to KC was an absolute flop... we came in at 2.5X their budget... That sucks.. at least the weather here today is awesome...
That looks to be pretty close to our big Springfield branch (Commerce)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
It is, from the picture take a left at the light, go about 6 blocks. Thats where I bank. Take a right at the light, go about 3 blocks, take a right, You'll find me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis