MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
So, as some of you know, my landlord went into foreclosure at the old place so I moved into my office (zoned work/live, I have a bedroom and stuff). No cool view, but, sound-wise I'm better off (no neighbors, better room) to look on the bright side.

I've been slowly putting things together, here is where I'm at :)

Right now it's just 2.1. I've been using the Crown XLS to power my M&K S-150s, and the Crest CC1800 for the subwoofer. I ordered a Crest CC2800 the other day because the subwoofer is begging for more power, and the Crests are nice and quiet so it works well. The S-150s will then be powered by the CC1800 and the Crown will power the rears. The center I'm not sure what I'll do yet, maybe another Crest CC1800. I also snaped a shot of my SS-50 tripoles I have, beggin to get hung and powered. haha.

I've been struggling to get the Audyssey to sound good, but have had great luck using the dbX RTA. Mains are sounding fantastic with the sub, really diggin the dbX unit.

Still have a lot of wire management to do, but, ya know how it goes. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the update!

What sort of view do you have? I'm looking out the window at the side of my neighbor's house about ten feet away. :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Some palm trees and a hedge, so it aint too bad. With the windows open lots of natural light.

Raining now though, blah. haha. I wanted to go outside today.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That looks like a darned comfortable place to land in the face of adversity. I'm really digging the chairs more than anything else. I just want to lounge there with a nice scotch, a Cuban cigar and some mellow tunes, maybe with a silk smoking jacket and an ascot.:D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Not bad at all....most people in your situation are glad to just have the company that is half way through a bottle of Stoli's and huddled next to a burning trash can for warmth. :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
So, as some of you know, my landlord went into foreclosure at the old place so I moved into my office (zoned work/live, I have a bedroom and stuff). No cool view, but, sound-wise I'm better off (no neighbors, better room) to look on the bright side.
Lot of that going around these days. Looks like a good place to ride out the storm. How's the sub?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
That looks like a darned comfortable place to land in the face of adversity. I'm really digging the chairs more than anything else. I just want to lounge there with a nice scotch, a Cuban cigar and some mellow tunes, maybe with a silk smoking jacket and an ascot.:D
Haha, yeah, cigars stink up the room too much but the sensimilla doesn't. :D The chairs are super comfy, I've had those for a while. Hard to leave them.

Lot of that going around these days. Looks like a good place to ride out the storm. How's the sub?
Haha, yeah, it'll work. Just not as cool with the ladies.

The sub has been a lot of fun. Its a pain to move around, but the sound is excellent. For movies it's very, very loud. I'm actually power limited right now, and have another amplifier on the way for it, even though really its not needed for the room... but, it kills me to see the threshold lights on my limiter on and not see the driver blurring.:D I have flat response to 20Hz with a ton of output as I wanted/needed for my music of choice... plus its fun for movies. Been playing with the Audyssey and dbX, Audyssey is disable right now and I'm using the dbX EQ. At some point I might build it a twin just for integration, but, then I'd really be in overkill. :)

It's fun to be able to blast my music without any neighbors, which was a bummer in my other place.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Popped in the Crest CC2800 for the sub, gunna set the gain and limiter on the dbX later this week on it. Going to be excursion limited not power limited, so I'll need to play with care. I have a pretty good idea how much more the driver has in it though, and under typical use it probably won't even hit the limiter.

P

Phaselinear77

Enthusiast
lovin' it

Great to see the individuality in this business - every system's got character. Kinda like a pet and its owner. Sometimes systems "crap" out too

J

jamie2112

Banned
Damn Sensi how did I miss this thread? Looks great I knew your landlord forclosed but damn..........Now you can crank it up a bit though...:D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Damn Sensi how did I miss this thread? Looks great I knew your landlord forclosed but damn..........Now you can crank it up a bit though...:D
Haha, thanks bro.

I gave my keys to the old place over yesturday, the guy was too embaresed to show up so he sent his lawyer. Dude is gunna live in there for free till the bank closes it, what a world we have come to now :rolleyes:

jinjuku

jinjuku

How quiet are the Crest amps? I was looking at their web site the other day. Nice looking stuff.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
How quiet are the Crest amps? I was looking at their web site the other day. Nice looking stuff.
They are almost silent, even when driven hard. Crest is my favorite amplifier manufacturer now. They are very reliable and make a lot of power, but the little things like the tunnel cooled variable speed fans (they always run cool), the solenoid on/off switch/breaker (when you turn it on and off you hear the KEEEERRRPLLUNNNKKK) and protection circuitry and the gain modulation is the best I've used. I don't do many raves/festivals anymore, I do mostly nightclubs and lounges (with installed sound), I got rid of most my amps, and now back into home theater I've picked them up again and its been fun. Plus I'm on a "buy US stuff if I can" kick.

The Crown XLS that is running my rears now was fairly loud when I first bought it, but I swapped out the fan... now the loudest thing in my rack is my Playstation 3.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Very very nice Sensi
And I must agree with Dave on the Chairs, they are just unreal.....

Is it a Kappa perfect in that sub?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Very very nice Sensi
And I must agree with Dave on the Chairs, they are just unreal.....

Is it a Kappa perfect in that sub?
Nope, its a Diamond Audio 15" bin tuned to 18Hz. :D:D

I've been working on that room (right now painting it)etc.... in a couple of months I'll post some surprise pictures. :) Some new gear, new paint, etc. :) Basically, cleaning it all up so it looks more like a home theater rather than a hobby shop. :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
So a lot of you have been very helpful over the past months as I build up this room. Between heavy work, a busted wrist and a fluent place to crash, I'm finally moving back into my place this week with only a bit of construction left. I have no pictures today, but, I took a bunch of construction shots and also will be taking final shots.

I'm going to hang the Epson 7500 on Saturday, then decide on a screen size and placement (my distributor at work is being nice enough to let me try some). Some of my gear got put into my work rack when it was idle during construction, so I have another subwoofer amp on order (Crest 2800) to power a pair of Danley CS30's :)D), and of course a beloved catch-all dbX DriveRack PA + (new version is the +, not sure of the differences other than the RTA button isn't where you could bump it).

No pictures yet, just really wanted to say thanks to those who helped me, I'll post some pictures as soon as the mess clears and as I put things together.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Ooh, that 7500 oughta be sweet!:cool: Looking forward to the pics.:)

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Having a room with that kind of stuff, with no neighbours near...it is an excellent place to live, BTW i love the look of your room .:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis