DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That sucks. I've been enjoying my MFW-15. Looks like if I want another one, it'll be 2nd hand. Oh well for me.

I hope that this stuff for all you that got misled gets worked out. Sooner rather than later.
You can be fine if you protect yourself wisely. using Paypal can cover your butt.

I think you should email them with your concern. That might help out this guy at least.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Perusing this through Paypal is almost a worthless endeavor in my past experience with them.
Sad to hear. But if they have frauded you I suggest you gather the info and submit it to the fbi as well.

If we can gather a list of victims he will be more likely to be pursued. Maybe you can even get on Dateline :)

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
All you have to do is let monstercable know that av123 is selling a subwoofer called "monster" subwoofer

That will shut them down :D

Thanks for letting us know about this company. I have been looking at there products lately.. no more now!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
All you have to do is let monstercable know that av123 is selling a subwoofer called "monster" subwoofer

Thanks for letting us know about this company. I have been looking at there products lately.. no more now!
I think I will let them know.

That is clearly a trademark infringement.

Matt34

Matt34

Sad to hear. But if they have frauded you I suggest you gather the info and submit it to the fbi as well.

If we can gather a list of victims he will be more likely to be pursued. Maybe you can even get on Dateline :)
It wasn't in dealings with AV123, just dealings with paypal in general.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It wasn't in dealings with AV123, just dealings with paypal in general.
I know it can take a while, but with an established seller Paypal can do more.

They have a lot more power with someone they can find.

A scammer is harder to track down.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

It would help the OP if you would email them letting them know you've heard about his issues and it has lead you to look elsewhere.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
I understand that you and your friend are upset but from what I can read from the original sale thread at av123 these were not purchased from the company but through a private sale. Even if the private seller was the owner of the company it really has nothing to do with the companies practices (even though they have been in question lately). As already stated waiting 6 months to take action is way too long since you were told shipment in two weeks. I don't think you are going to get anywhere going after the company you need to go after the actually people involved in the sale. Now as you've noticed Mark is not reachable right now, if you read one of the other recent posts in this forum you will see that his health is not doing well right, and no offense but a mans health is more important than some speakers. I would be asking for the "friends" name and information and be trying to get intouch with him since he is the person who actually had/has possession of the speakers.

I have no connection with the company at all and haven't even really looked at their speakers in months but I don't think it is right to slam a company for something that happened in the For Sale section of their forum. That's like saying don't buy anything from Audioholics because something went bad with a deal here on the forums.

Good luck getting everything worked out it would have been easier if you would have taken action sooner.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I understand that you and your friend are upset but from what I can read from the original sale thread at av123 these were not purchased from the company but through a private sale. Even if the private seller was the owner of the company it really has nothing to do with the companies practices (even though they have been in question lately). As already stated waiting 6 months to take action is way too long since you were told shipment in two weeks. I don't think you are going to get anywhere going after the company you need to go after the actually people involved in the sale. Now as you've noticed Mark is not reachable right now, if you read one of the other recent posts in this forum you will see that his health is not doing well right, and no offense but a mans health is more important than some speakers. I would be asking for the "friends" name and information and be trying to get intouch with him since he is the person who actually had/has possession of the speakers.

I have no connection with the company at all and haven't even really looked at their speakers in months but I don't think it is right to slam a company for something that happened in the For Sale section of their forum. That's like saying don't buy anything from Audioholics because something went bad with a deal here on the forums.

Good luck getting everything worked out it would have been easier if you would have taken action sooner.
Health is not an excuse for frauding people. And he is the CEO of the company so what he does reflects on the company itself. If they don't like it they can fire him. If he owns the company then it must mean that the company has no problem not fulfilling it's promises either.

Not only is he in the right in pointing this out. Regardless of health this charge should be refunded. Forcing Charity on someone is wrong. Especially since a product was promised in return and wasn't delivered.

Say what you want but he was actually nice to let it go this long.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm sure some liability can be made against AV123 since they were sold through the company's forum. It's been made evident that full disclosure of who the actually "seller" of certain speakers wasn't made during the time of purchase but only later when no product was produced that the buyer was told he bought the speakers directly from MLS.

http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459&page=27

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
6 months is actually not too long if you're given "just a few more weeks/days" each time as an excuse. i've been in those shoes ... it's punishment enough to actually be patient and hope for a positive conclusion.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
what a nightmare for all those involved with unfulfilled promises from this company I truly hope they all get satisfaction one way or another we all work too damn hard to just give it away..

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Health is not an excuse for frauding people. And he is the CEO of the company so what he does reflects on the company itself. If they don't like it they can fire him. If he owns the company then it must mean that the company has no problem not fulfilling it's promises either.

Not only is he in the right in pointing this out. Regardless of health this charge should be refunded. Forcing Charity on someone is wrong. Especially since a product was promised in return and wasn't delivered.

Say what you want but he was actually nice to let it go this long.
I never said that it wasn't nice of him to let it go this long, but when it comes to the situation if he was worried about not getting the speakers he should have taken action sooner.

I never said for him to not go after the people involved with the sale I just said that since av123 technically had no part in the deal, next to supplying the board on which it took place, it's hard for me to see why they would refund any of the money? The fact they are helping is nice of them. Now on the other hand I would be contacting MLS and the actual owner of the speakers in every way possible to the point of being annoying to get my money back.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Now on the other hand I would be contacting MLS and the actual owner of the speakers in every way possible to the point of being annoying to get my money back.
That was the problem.

I contacted AV123 and Suzanne very politely made it clear that she didn't want to do anything about it and she couldn't care less since it wasn't a direct AV123 sale.

She said contact MLS.

However, the only way to contact MLS is through AV123 because with him having health issues they are acting as a surrogate for him.

So basically the only people I could talk to as an avenue to speak to MLS had no interest in helping me and they were the only ones that could.

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
Perusing this through Paypal is almost a worthless endeavor in my past experience with them.
I got scammed by someone and paypal got my money back in about a month. It was actually really easy. So I would not say its worthless. Atleast for me it wasnt. :)

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Nothing against ID companies but i still support B&M when ever i can. Times are troubled and people get desperate. Dont be supprised if the products show up else where.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder if the same boxes are used for shipping which say AV123 on them:eek:. It seems there is very much a fine line between his "personal" transactions and the company. These horrendous business practices certainly reflect on AV123 since he is the face of the company in the public sphere.

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
I had the same experience buying a pair of x-ls from MLS. I waited about a month then called him out on their forum after I was promised a refund & several days later still had nothing. I caught a lot of flack from the regulars due to my aggressive tone, but, I got my money back. I wish you & your friend luck.

I don't expect AV123 to be in business much longer. It's really a shame as they seam to have great products but absolutely no clue how to ethically run a business. Gotta love their pay up-front & save some money deals. :rolleyes: But I guess that's what they have to do to stay afloat.

-Dave

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing against ID companies but i still support B&M when ever i can. Times are troubled and people get desperate. Dont be supprised if the products show up else where.
Most people at B&Ms don't even talk to me when I walk in. I guess I look like a dangerous customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis