Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's not how it seems. I pulled a little quick edit on Harald. Oh, the shame.
wohow Alex, well nothing to hide, and she's going to be here in 28 hrs from now. :p
This is the greatest thing ever, but sorry.... there's no way I'm posting pics.........

So after tomorrow I will probably be as silent as....... disappeared from the surface of the earth coz the schedule will be :eek:
Million things to do, even better things than posting in boring thread....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think he has any pictures. Hey Harald, how about it?
Do you have any pic's? :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think he has any pictures. Hey Harald, how about it?
Do you have any pic's? :D
I have bunchloads......

$ find -name '*.jpg' | wc -l

But none of these are going out here, I know better ........
only 26 hours and 15 mins......

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
You see Alex, I have never given you a chicklet (yet) only thanks.....
bloody hell, what's wrong with me.........

Perhaps I'm in love....

Actually there's one fellow AH member here that has some pics

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just got back from taking my car in for service. Apparently, I have some seals that need to be replaced - estimated cost of $1400. I've got to do some thinking, as I've been thinking about getting a new car anyway.

Speaking of which, I went and checked out the Lexus dealership while I was waiting. That might have been a mistake. There was an IS 250 there that really caught my eye - pearl white exterior, light leather interior with maple wood trim. I'd order a 350 so wouldn't get that specific one, but dang, that was a nice car. Then again, it would cost me about $40k more than having my seals replaced.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I just got back from taking my car in for service. Apparently, I have some seals that need to be replaced - estimated cost of $1400. I've got to do some thinking, as I've been thinking about getting a new car anyway.

Speaking of which, I went and checked out the Lexus dealership while I was waiting. That might have been a mistake. There was an IS 250 there that really caught my eye - pearl white exterior, light leather interior with maple wood trim. I'd order a 350 so wouldn't get that specific one, but dang, that was a nice car. Then again, it would cost me about $40k more than having my seals replaced.
Cars are so cheap right now, dealers have stuff staked so high on their lots you can get new cars for the cost of a used one in some cases.

What seals are they replacing for 1400? Sounds expensive, tranny?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hear a Lexus can go like 80k miles in between oil changes. :D
No, I will never forget. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Ouuuuuchhhhhhhh, this is a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice car !!!!!!

And from what I hear they are also the most reliable ones on the planet :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I want a BMW M6, but over here it's like $ 200k :eek:
well if I win a million in a lottery......

Perhaps a 650 will do, or and M3 ?
Can't afford any of them........

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If you do 80k between oil changes it will sound like a tractor, one thing you really need to do in a car is to change oil :)

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Apparently, I have some seals that need to be replaced - estimated cost of $1400.
That reminds me of the joke about the Penguin that took his car in for repair and while waiting had a messy, half-melted ice cream bar. The mechanic tells him "looks like you blew a seal" to which the Penguin replies "Nope - I just got thru eating some ice cream!!". :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Really need to go to bed now, we are 6 hours quicker than you guys, so it's already late night over here.... big day tomorrow :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What seals are they replacing for 1400? Sounds expensive, tranny?
Strangely, the seals are oil related. :D I'm leaking oil in two spots, although I don't see oil under my car in the garage. Certainly explains why I've just about run out of oil twice now (it's normally a year in between, though). The guy mentioned that there were four seals near each other, and he'd just replace all of them. However, because of the leak, the timing belt should be replaced. That's the expensive part, I think. I just had that thing changed, and it's finally (after about 20k miles) started to quiet down. I really don't want to get another new one.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Strangely, the seals are oil related. :D I'm leaking oil in two spots, although I don't see oil under my car in the garage. Certainly explains why I've just about run out of oil twice now (it's normally a year in between, though). The guy mentioned that there were four seals near each other, and he'd just replace all of them. However, because of the leak, the timing belt should be replaced. That's the expensive part, I think. I just had that thing changed, and it's finally (after about 20k miles) started to quiet down. I really don't want to get another new one.
Well, if it was only the timing belt, but generally whenever they change the timing belt I guess they also mandate a change of all wheels and parts that's even remotely connected to the timing belt, so just a simple change of a timing belt becomes a major operation :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got to investigate my negative rep giving power on a spammer this morning. My chicklet kung-fu is not yet as strong as I'd like. I can't give out two red chicklets. I must focus and try to master the AH finger hold, so that the next spammer can learn the true meaning of "Skadoosh!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis