WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
So what do people think of this game?

I picked it up a few days ago and it's very good IMO. Smooth frame rates and very fast/accurate controls. Graphics are very good ( I'm on a PS3 ) but not nearly as good as could have been if they actually optimized it for the PS3 instead of just doing a standard port to multiple platforms.

-Chris

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I'll buy it whenever I get free time to play :)
What do you think of it? It's hard? Easy? Does it send you back to those times at the arcade?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It's hard? Easy? Does it send you back to those times at the arcade?
From the reviews I have read on the game, a novice player will find the game quite difficult (which is great). It is averaging around a 9.0 on gaming sites which is very good. This would make for a great rental for me but I would not buy it . I burn out too quickly with fighting games and not a hardcore Street Fighter fan. The online play I imagine would get very frustrating once certain "cheap" techniques are found which would kill the online replay value.

However, if you are a fan of the Street Fighter series and that style of graphics and gameplay, it is going to be a must play.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I still have the original SF2 for the Atari ST :D
I'll wait till prices drop on ebay.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I found it to be dissapointing from a current gaming standpoint. To me it's really just SF2 ported to a PS3.

Don't get me wrong in it's day SF was fun, but I think this game falls well short of it's potential.

I guess Virtua Fighter 4 ruined me forever from side to side fighting games.

But the game is nostalgic and being able to fight with Dhalism again is fun. Though it was uncompetitive one of my friends smoked us all with Ryu and he can't even do the uppercut. He's just sick at video games.

One funny thing is that the game is easily beaten with the green guy doing his shock sheild thing. So if you want to quickly get the end story just play him and do the shock sheild constantly. The AI can't handle it.;)

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
It's Dhalsim and Blanka :b
And what's the kick in getting to the end by cheating? :b

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
This game is crap! All it is, just prettied up SF2. That's it! Every character still has one or two catch phrases. The ending still suck and disjointed. Looks like the morons at Capcom still can't tell a coherent story worth a damn. Not even on the same planet as Soul Calibur 4.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I make it my job to get good at these games.

A few of my friends are also like this. One can speed run every megaman game to date (not including those lame GBA rpg ones). Even Zero.

I myself will completely walk over anyone else in any FPS.

I played a lot of CAL, went through O,M, then I. I won a few thousand at Dayton lanfest with a clan of mine. We almost landed a free paid flight to California for the CPL's. We lost that game though :(

Anyone on Quake live? I've been playing that non stop and would like a few challenging players to duel.

I plan to get SF4 when it hits pc. I plan on dedicating some time to master this game. Provided I'm not in jail.

This game is crap! All it is, just prettied up SF2. That's it! Every character still has one or two catch phrases. The ending still suck and disjointed. Looks like the morons at Capcom still can't tell a coherent story worth a damn. Not even on the same planet as Soul Calibur 4.
Ha, whoa. That's pretty hilarious.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I love this game.

Someone mentioned it being a prettied up SF2 put onto the PS3, and I would agree. But it still reminds me of being a kid again. My skills are pretty dull now too, and it brings back just how FRUSTRATING it can be playing a fighting game can be. It is great though because it really is the first form of fighting PVP competition that ever hit the industry and took hold firmly.

It brings back everything from the old school games, and shined it up in a beautiful package. Normally makign a game prettier isn't enough for me, but this time it works, if for no other reason just for the memories.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I make it my job to get good at these games.

A few of my friends are also like this. One can speed run every megaman game to date (not including those lame GBA rpg ones). Even Zero.

I myself will completely walk over anyone else in any FPS.

I played a lot of CAL, went through O,M, then I. I won a few thousand at Dayton lanfest with a clan of mine. We almost landed a free paid flight to California for the CPL's. We lost that game though :(

Anyone on Quake live? I've been playing that non stop and would like a few challenging players to duel.

I plan to get SF4 when it hits pc. I plan on dedicating some time to master this game. Provided I'm not in jail.

Ha, whoa. That's pretty hilarious.
What I hate is when I get really good at a game and then someone who's never played it smokes me because they are just sick at games.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
What I hate is when I get really good at a game and then someone who's never played it smokes me because they are just sick at games.
Then your not really good at the game.:p. I know what you mean though. Madden and fighting games are really tough online. A great Madden player will NEVER lose to somebody who is a novice.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Then your not really good at the game.:p. I know what you mean though. Madden and fighting games are really tough online. A great Madden player will NEVER lose to somebody who is a novice.
I don't know about Madden online my friend sucks at madden and regularly beats people online. Literally we have to let him compete he's way better than others i've played. I play a lot of sports games though. Fifa 2009 with the career mode is probably the most fun i've ever played. You pick one player but unlike Madden your player is always in the game and getting chances to make plays. And once you get 99 speed it's crazy to watch how the computer counters you.

I don't play online games. But I prefer Co-op games. I just hate playing a game where one person ends the game pissed. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

Of course i can't game like I used too in college. Everquest took nearly a year of my actual life. :D I had two accounts and played like crazy. Now I have a fiancee so no more of that kind of gamin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis