Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I just ate 7 different kinds of Mexican food. :eek:
Now I wanna cuddle. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Here's a synopsis of my work day, with some necessary backstory. This is the short, short version.

Beginning of February: I reminded my boss that a software tool provided to me to complete a task wasn't as done as he thought, and that I didn't have much confidence in the results being generated. After a few snyde remarks to me in front of a group, my boss basically told me to stop talking about that and just get the job done using the tool as it was.

Today: I present the results from the tool and my plan to complete the task as required by the end of this month (yes, three days). My boss didn't have confidence in the results, and told me that he wanted me to spend time to get confidence in the tool before documenting any results.

Sweet. Shafted three weeks because I wanted to do it right, and shafted today because I followed directions and didn't do it right. Oh, yeah - my lack of confidence in this tool and my desire to do it right contributed to my career enima last week, and now I'm going to get another one because I followed orders.

Is it as bad as I'm making it sound? Maybe, maybe not. I'm just tired and stressed, and I tend to get upset more easily in this state.

Sorry for the rant.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Adam ... it seems like your boss is the real tool that doesn't work. :eek:

Have another beer... and update your resume... you were looking for a job when you found that one right? ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is it as bad as I'm making it sound?
We can sort that out after you make the joint resemble a post office. :)

A couple of years ago I had just landed a job and on the first day I saw the foreman ask the only other 'slave' there, "do you want me to show you how to do it?". It was pretty condescending. I just thought that this wasn't gonna be good.

I was gone on day 2. :eek:
I didn't do or say anything crazy but there was certainly a moment where the guy really got the sense that there was nothing more worthy of his attention than me. That was fair though. He had all my attention.

Dave is right, I can pull a passable Bull Shannon. It was pretty funny watching the guy do a complete 180 in his attitude and start talking up a storm. People talk when they are nervous about being eaten. I really don't do that often, hardly ever, almost never.:rolleyes:

Adam, you have yourself a good day. People really aren't so bad with the right marinate. ;)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
The avitar man

;) Jamie2112 changed his avitar yet again

Go jamie2112... maybe the tours will pick up,; this is the first time there was "HOPE" and "RECOVERY" in the Pres's speach :)

Later,

MidCow2

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, fellas. I appreciate the remarks. While I am upset about some things, I should say that I don't think that my boss is a jerk - I just think that he's been acting like one lately. Most of the time he does his job really well.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks, fellas. I appreciate the remarks. While I am upset about some things, I should say that I don't think that my boss is a jerk - I just think that he's been acting like one lately. Most of the time he does his job really well.
Sometimes you'll have this Adam. It will get better buddy....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Los Lobos is a band. I like them.
There's a particular guitar sound they play that I like a lot but when I You Tubed them I wasn't able to find it. :confused:

It's that Clint Eastwood/Spaghetti Western-Homer Simpson/Trippin' on 'Shrooms sound.

Last edited:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
jobs suck, generally. Sorry for your bosshole difficulties, Adam. I have those days occasionally as well.

In all my years (32, heheh), I have noticed that some people have awesome jobs. A large percentage of those people work for themselves.

Powerball is drawing tonight for $150M. I think that would cover my start up expenses. Start up what, I don't know, but it'd be started up!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
;) Jamie2112 changed his avitar yet again

Go jamie2112... maybe the tours will pick up,; this is the first time there was "HOPE" and "RECOVERY" in the Pres's speach :)

Later,

MidCow2
New avatar? Someone call?

And yeah, my hope and recovery juices are flowing all over the house.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife already knows that I am going to marry a nice Oriental girl for my 2nd wife. ;)
Asian, people are Asian. Rugs are Oriental.
It's sad when a monkey has to teach you etiquette.
Tisk, tisk, tisk. :)

Asian food would be made out of real Cambodians.
Break out the soy sauce. :D

Am I right about this? :confused:

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think you are right on Mr. Alex.

I made the burning chair my picture so I am no longer a avatarless douche (no offense to those who don't have avatars, my comment is not a blanket statement, rather only a reference to my previous self :)).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis