Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Are you using Internet Explorer? I'd say get Firefox. Heck, you're the one who convinced me to finally try it. I put it off for years - but I'm glad that I took your advice. I love it. Well, the lack of ads, that is.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you using Internet Explorer? I'd say get Firefox. Heck, you're the one who convinced me to finally try it. I put it off for years - but I'm glad that I took your advice. I love it. Well, the lack of ads, that is.
My last post was on the new laptop using IE. That's why it wasn't very funny.:(

This post is on the old desktop using Firefox. That's why it's f^%&ing hilarious.:D

I'm hesitant to start mucking with it. I just got it, haven't read the manual and am already wanting to go changing stuff around. I hate people who do things like that. Then they wonder why their stuff doesn't work. I had such a hard time with Firefox at first, not because of Firefox but because I'm like an eternal noob at this computer business.

You're pretty brave heckling me. Haven't you heard? Monkeys eat peoples hands. That's what we do.:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You're pretty brave heckling me. Haven't you heard? Monkeys eat peoples hands. That's what we do.:eek:
They played part of the 911 audio on the radio this morning as I was driving into work. It was very hard for me to listen to that. Very sad.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, Alex - I (and others here, I'm sure) are always happy to help you with any computer questions. IMO, Vista and XP are very similar. Getting Firefox installed shouldn't be tough at all - I did it on Vista, and I don't remember doing anything but (a) running the installer for Firefox, (b) Googling Adblock Plus to find it, (c) installing Adblock Plus, and (d) allowing Firefox to restart itself.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am drinking OJ.....the original kind from Florida or something.......

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I just finished two beers. Side by side, but it was for science! One was a clone of the other or my attempt at one. I had to do blind trials to see the differences. I most certainly won.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I thought about getting some beer on the way home (as I have none), but I chose instead to come straight home so that I could walk the pooch with more daylight left. Her attitude is completely different if we leave when the sun is still up. She'll walk quite a bit when it's sunny, but she barely goes a block if I get home after dark.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, Alex - I (and others here, I'm sure) are always happy to help you with any computer questions. IMO, Vista and XP are very similar. Getting Firefox installed shouldn't be tough at all - I did it on Vista, and I don't remember doing anything but (a) running the installer for Firefox, (b) Googling Adblock Plus to find it, (c) installing Adblock Plus, and (d) allowing Firefox to restart itself.
I appreciate that.
I'm not using the Thanks Button so that I can hammer a few people with a point landslide.:)

I'll get around to sorting out the laptop thing in a week or so. Computers will unfortunately always be a second language for me that I will never become fluent in. Should I be deleting 'bloatware'?

Harald is some sort of IT something or another. If I knew that way back, I never would have called him Tom Cruise or made any cracks about mail order brides. Guys like that should have signs under their avatars saying, "Be nice. You might need me.";)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...so that I can hammer a few people with a point landslide.:)
By "landslide," do you mean up or down? :)

Perhaps the great chicklet market adjustment of 2009 will come earlier than I expected. I must shore up my chicklet alliances. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis