Universal Remote MX-450 Remote Control Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Universal Remote has delivered PC free programming in a beautiful and solid package. With minimal time invested, a typical setup can be programmed in a matter of minutes. With little more than a couple of preferential problems, we can't help but recommend this as a great remote for the installer who requires on-site programmability without the use of a laptop.

Discuss "Universal Remote MX-450 Remote Control Review" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Can this brand of remotes be used with the Nyko Blue Wave IR adapter to control a PS3 like the Harmony remotes? I hear a lot of good things about theu universal remotes, but I need something that can control my PS3.

Epetrone

Epetrone

Audioholic Intern
Ps3

I have just started programming my 980 and there is no ir codes for my IR2BT box. The PS3 is listed as a device but no codes. what i am planning on doing is learning all the commands from my Harmony 880 this way i have the exact same functionality that i am used to. In your case you could learn your codes as well. Hope this helps.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I want to know if the Nyko Blue Wave is listed as a device, I know there would be no codes for the PS3 since it's all bluetooth.

I want to know if the Nyko Blue Wave is listed as a device, I know there would be no codes for the PS3 since it's all bluetooth.
I can't say whether it comes with a database entry for Nyko, but it's nearly irrelevant since it would take you approximately 5 minutes to learn the IR from the Nyko remote. These remotes learn quickly and easily. I'm glad you're using that - pretty cool device.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I guess I forgot about it's learning capabilities. If I get a cable box for my bedroom I'm going to also get a universal remote so I can go from 3 remotes to one. I don't mind having two right now, but I don't have enough room for 3, and I don't think I want to spend the money for a second Harmony One, so I'm considering a lower model Harmony, or one of the Universal Remotes.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Anybody know if this remote has the ability to use variables?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis