APC Silver Blowout Sale!

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Not that anyone was too concerned, but APC told me the C3 is surge protected (despite their comparison chart stating otherwise).

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well so far no response from APC from either contacts. I have a dead $300 surge protector that is only six months old. The least they could do is respond! Buyer beware!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Make sure you call them. Email can take a while to get through.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
lol, I emailed them today at about 5 pm and had a response at 8 pm. The fastest email response I've seen from any company...
Well, you were looking to buy...not get a replacement under warranty. :D

Seriously, though, those are probably totally different departments in the company.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Well, you were looking to buy...not get a replacement under warranty. :D

Seriously, though, those are probably totally different departments in the company.
Perhaps. I filed it under Product Information and did mention I was thinking about buying one and needed to know this before buying it. Heh, sure quick to let me know in any case!

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Got mine today but it has a rather disconcerting rattle :(

Going to have to see about that.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Got mine today but it has a rather disconcerting rattle :(

Going to have to see about that.
Mine came today also, not so happy with condition of box ,had the brown driver make a note of it just in case, he looked at me like I was nuts, Goin a open er up now..

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
My box was in fine shape but I'm not plugging it in with something rattling around. I googled a bit and it sounds like it's not uncommon for a screw to come loose (interesting) in the H15 and maybe the H10 during shipping. A thread here mentioned it in the past. I contacted the Audioholics store support and I'm going to wait and see what they say. I'd be curious to open it up and look but not if that means I can't exchange it!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Mine came today also, not so happy with condition of box ,had the brown driver make a note of it just in case, he looked at me like I was nuts, Goin a open er up now..
My box was in fine shape but I'm not plugging it in with something rattling around. I googled a bit and it sounds like it's not uncommon for a screw to come loose (interesting) in the H15 and maybe the H10 during shipping. A thread here mentioned it in the past. I contacted the Audioholics store support and I'm going to wait and see what they say. I'd be curious to open it up and look but not if that means I can't exchange it!
Mine gets here tomorrow.
You guys are not exactly giving me a warm fuzzy feeling about this.:(

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got mine today and it works perfectly. It is pretty hefty so I am sure it will be fine if I set the Xbox on it.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
You tell the g/f yet? :D
Yeah, I told her. Good thing I did before it got here, 'else I'd be typing while standing. ;) Just kidding.
She took it OK, I explained the benefits of the protection the thing gives and she seems to be somewhat accepting, but still got a bit of an eye roll (hate those) after all was said and done. I think she's more upset about the fact it's silver and won't match everything else.
I came close to explaining the price difference between silver and black but figured I'd quit while I was ahead, or at least alive.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
well happy to report that once I got past the box everything was perfect nothing loose works perfectly so far, I think anyone that responded to this deal will be very satisfied ....

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Except for me! haha

I got an email back from the store support team that they had created a support ticket and would be getting back to me. Guess I'll wait and see!

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Got my email back from store support, they said go ahead with popping it open. It looks like it was just a screw which attaches one of the PCBs to a plastic standoff. The threads inside the standoff look kind of warn and the screw never locks in place, you can just keep spinning it. It will sit in place even if you turn it upside down and shake it around a bit but otherwise that appears to be all there was to it.

I may glue/tape it down so it can't come loose and cause a short if I am moving the H10 later.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Got mine all hooked up. No rattles or anything. This thing is built like a tank!!
I don't have any powerline problems but the piece of mind will be nice this spring when the T-storms start.
It's a very cool looking device except for the silver. I'll probably look into making an anodized aluminum slip cover for the front to make it more of a match to the rest of my gear.

Great deal!!

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
my H15 came yesterday and I installed it today,out of the box perfect and it fired up just fine,

120v in and 120v out,all wiring ok,I like this thing. :)
here is a shelf I built behind the tv

and it fit just fine,doesn't matter that it's silver.

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
forgive me for my ignorance

Guys:

I am just investing in a new tv, bought a new denon reciever and looking for a blu ray player. I was goin to buy a metal surge protector. What is the difference with one of these power conditioners. How do you know which level one to buy? sorry again, I want to protect my equiptment of course. Do i need one of these? or will a good metal surge protector be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Ketan

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
I ordered an H15 last Friday, it says usually ships in 24 hours. Am I supposed to get tracking or delivery confirmation? This is my first order from the store.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I ordered an H15 last Friday, it says usually ships in 24 hours. Am I supposed to get tracking or delivery confirmation? This is my first order from the store.
yes,if you go to your account at the AH store,
then click on order order history
then view order history
and there will be a tracking number you can click on as soon as it's available,
it takes a couple or so business days for AH to process it and to get going in the UPS system

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis