Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting price drop listed on that page.

Was: $569.99

Now: $599.99
The $569.99 was actually the second price drop when inventory must have been really low. It went back to $599.99 (the original price drop) after it went "Out of Stock"

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
This is now the front runner if the G60-120us is no longer available.
Compaq CQ60Z

I'm not a gamer so I don't need any fancy graphics card. Hard drive size isn't really an issue since I'm planning on getting an external drive (or two).

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw on the news that the digital switch might be delayed until June.

My analog tuner just might get a reprieve!

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
It's only being delayed because the powers-that-be feel that it is far worse to be without TV than to know how to read!

(that and the whole digital cliff thingy...)

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pat,

I thought AMD was lagging behind.

Adam,

I hope your tummy feels better.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pat,

Just pick a good one and if I can I'll get the same thing.
I need my hand held through this tech stuff.

Matt34

Matt34

I hit level 70 on my character in WOW last night after two years of on and off playing.:D

How's that for boring?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You do realize I'm still a month or so out...

-pat
I've been wanting a laptop really bad for about a year to run REW and a Dayton Woofer Tester 3 and to be able to take my Ford Manual on CD out to my vehicle and to be able to surf the web while in my living room while sitting with my girlfriend and maybe holding her hand ... Jamie.

No hurry. :)

So AMD isn't totally lagging behind Pentium at this price point? I do see how that could work. I would be riding Adam's coattails on this but he spent way more. I realize it's strange to just get what the other guy gets but it makes sense too. If you were in the market for a cordless drill, you would be very well advised to get what I get. I know more about them and do more with them.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
dv6-1030us

My brother just emailed me this one. He's more knowledgeable on the subject than me. He also prefers the Intel chips. I think that might be because he understands the specs better when determining performance.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am so glad that I didn't make the mistake of saying Pentium instead of Intel. It's one thing to be stupid but it's altogether different to speak and let everybody know. Close one. :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I am so glad that I didn't make the mistake of saying Pentium instead of Intel. It's one thing to be stupid but it's altogether different to speak and let everybody know. Close one. :D
Pentium and Intel used to be interchangeable. The Pentium label is now used for their low level chips. Very easy mistake to make!

It was sunny and in the 60s today. A little chilly compared to the last few days of 70s.

-pat

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
K, I'll bite, I thought Pentium was what Intel called a line of their chips? Pentium was like the consumer stuff and Xeon's or something was the high-end jobs?

I buy computer with AMD chips because its so much cheaper and lots of geeks use them so there must be something to it (that seriously was my logic haha)

I just burped

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would be riding Adam's coattails on this but he spent way more.
Huh? I have a Mac.

K, I'll bite, I thought Pentium was what Intel called a line of their chips? Pentium was like the consumer stuff and Xeon's or something was the high-end jobs?
Pentium is one of the consumer lines. The Core line (with the latest that I know of being the Core i7) is their most popular and highest performing consumer line. Xeon is the business line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis