The Speaker Company NTIW26 and NTIW25 In-wall Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At $300 a pair for the NTIW26s and $230 a pair for the NTIW25s, these speakers are a remarkable value. Quality components, easy to mount, lots of tuning options… the list of benefits goes on. Sonically, they at least met and in many ways exceeded my expectations. Bass was admirable for a bookshelf, much less an in-wall. The highs and mids were well-realized and very lifelike. The NT speakers definitely live up to the tSc motto - Quality Loudspeakers at Half the Price.

Discuss "The Speaker Company NTIW26 and NTIW25 In-wall Speakers" here. Read the article.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the review Tom!
Are any other speakers, from The Speaker Company going to be reviewed?

Thanks,
Rick

R-Carpenter

R-Carpenter

Audioholic
What is the standard for deciding on quality component?
Was the packing material recycled or recyclable?
What was the On and Off axis frequency response of the speaker?
What was the distortion measurements?

Last edited:
B

boiler_10

Audiophyte
MB Quart Alexxa?

These seem to be very similar to the MB Quart Alexxa in-walls. Are the two companies related? If this was previously discussed, I apologize.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Thanks for the review Tom!
Are any other speakers, from The Speaker Company going to be reviewed?
I'm finishing up a review of the TST2's right now.

These seem to be very similar to the MB Quart Alexxa in-walls. Are the two companies related?
I'm not sure about any relation but I agree (and mentioned it in the review). That being said, the MB Quart speakers sell for over 2x's more.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm finishing up a review of the TST2's right now.

I'm not sure about any relation but I agree (and mentioned it in the review). That being said, the MB Quart speakers sell for over 2x's more.
That's good to hear; looking forward to it.

Any info on who makes their drivers in the TST2's and TST3's?

Thanks,
Rick
Looking forward that review.

Rickster,

I believe those speakers are rebadged Saphires but I'm not sure where they sourced their drivers from.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I like the review too. Just because I'm a drywaller I chuckle when I see what normal people do to cut holes. Hey, drywallers don't have many opportunities to feel superior. :cool:

What caught my attention in this was that The Complex is in DTS. I have a DVD video that is in Dolby Digital. I think I may try to blow up my subs tomorrow listening to the piano smasher. Great name for it. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
These seem to be very similar to the MB Quart Alexxa in-walls. Are the two companies related? If this was previously discussed, I apologize.
tSc does some of their own design work such as the TSAT system I just finished reviewing and will post tomorrow.

But many of their designs are open tooled in china and you would be surprised how many speaker brands run on the same lines!

If you are thinking about getting the MB Quarts from the Audioholics E-store or elsewhere, I'd suggest you save your money and buy the tSc versions Tom reviewed :D

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I like the review too. Just because I'm a drywaller I chuckle when I see what normal people do to cut holes. Hey, drywallers don't have many opportunities to feel superior. :cool:
Glad I could be of service! :D

I feel the same way when i go to other people's homes and see how they calibrated their TV or setup their speakers. There is nothing like seeing the surround speakers placed in front of the couch to give me great AV Rant material.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis