Help Picking a Game

pcefrog

pcefrog

Junior Audioholic
Okay. not a huge gamer, i do play call of duty(1 and 2). a couple of racing games, and the godfather.
Im looking for a certain type of game: i love movies where you are the last person on earth.. i am legend, 28 days later , Mad Max etc..
are there games where you are the last person on earth, and you have to fight ???creatures , radioactive people etc
i am especially interested in very good graphics and variety, like your in L.A. and then London etc.
i am going to buy my kids a WII for xmas, they want rock band etc.
so either WII platform or i have a good PC with a good video card. either one is fine.............any suggestions would be great. thanx

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
The problem with a Wii is that a lot of the cool games like that don't come out on it, they generally have more family friendly games. I'd get a Playstation 3 or an XBox.

You might like Resistance 2. Alien/zombie things and you have to go around killing them. Deep Space is alien monsters in space...if you like to get scared this one is pretty good.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Half Life 2 and Fallout 3 are both excellent choices. I think Fallout 3 is the best game of 2008. Another game to consider would be Bioshock which is also an incredible game.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Yeah, Fallout 3 on the PC would be my pick. You will be spending a lot of time on that one.

nasd90

nasd90

Audioholic
The Rickster said it best & first... HALF LIFE 2.

The best game of all time, go to SteamPowered dot com for a digital download.

Trust me, and I play a LOT of games... all platforms. Wii is junk for real games such as this, though it has its place in the gaming community.

Then, I'd go for Crysis.

Cheers.

nasd90

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Check out Dead Space too. It is a very intense game and story is pretty good.

phlakvest

phlakvest

Audioholic
Left 4 Dead. Typical zombie movie turned video game. (pc)

They also have resident evil games for the wii.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Then, I'd go for Crysis.

Cheers.

nasd90
Since he is not a "gamer," I doubt he has a computer that can play crisis.
Get world of warcraft, then you will never have to see your family.

V

Vaudiofan

Banned
Yes indeed, if his computer can't play the game, that would be really bad.

pcefrog

pcefrog

Junior Audioholic
thanks so far

i do have a good computer. nice samsung lcd, lots of power and a radeon 4800HD.
i like all the suggestions...especially fallout 3
now im thinking .....stick with the PC, let the Bratz play the WII downstairs on the big plasma in the HT room. Maybe next year get a xbox or PS3 for myself.
does anyone have any horror stories about gaming on a plasma???
thanx again

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Playing games on a plasma will be fine. You will not have to worry about any sort of burn-in.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
i do have a good computer. nice samsung lcd, lots of power and a radeon 4800HD.
i like all the suggestions...especially fallout 3
now im thinking .....stick with the PC, let the Bratz play the WII downstairs on the big plasma in the HT room. Maybe next year get a xbox or PS3 for myself.
does anyone have any horror stories about gaming on a plasma???
thanx again
Horror stories?!?! You're kidding right? Playing games on my new PS3 on my 50" Panny is one of the best gaming experiences I've had so far. :D It's absolutely spectacular!

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Three words: Left 4 Dead.

RE4 for Wii is also a great game.

T

thm

Enthusiast
the best games are (for me)
fallout3
metal gear 4
resistance 1 and 2
bioshock
assassins creed

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
GTA4 is fun too.... you can shoot everyone until there is nobody left.... :D :D :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis