haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I will be sure to grab a bundle or two of Krell amps for you. :eek::eek: Man, if I only had the money for gear like that. Anyways, maybe some day I can come your way.

Cheers,

Phil
Krell amps are probably too expensive I guess, I really would like to check the new Emotiva amps up against a Krell KAV400xi... (Bridged XPA-2 or XPA-1) Not sure the Krell comes out up front...

Perhaps that's sth for Gene to do :rolleyes:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Krell amps are probably too expensive I guess, I really would like to check the new Emotiva amps up against a Krell KAV400xi... (Bridged XPA-2 or XPA-1) Not sure the Krell comes out up front...

Perhaps that's sth for Gene to do :rolleyes:
Harold, that would really make for an interesting comparison for sure. My guess is that Emotiva may do better than what one might expect. If only I had the money to afford the Krell gear. At least for now, I am happy with what I do have. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Harold, that would really make for an interesting comparison for sure. My guess is that Emotiva may do better than what one might expect. If only I had the money to afford the Krell gear. At least for now, I am happy with what I do have. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil
You know, these Krell amps really do have their issues......
Don't ever try to run them with single ended inputs, it sounds absolutely horrible.... (at least in my rig it does) Have no idea why but they must be run only from the balanced input.... Still sometimes, I have issues with sterile sound, well this could be as simple as it actually just reveals the source material. Well, what the local distributors around here claims, Krell's can only be run from true balanced sources, or it will be :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My thought is to go with another amp, like a Lyngdorf and/or an Emotiva and redeploy the Krell to run a system in the bedroom:cool::cool:
If I'm doing that I would probably be able to do a comparison. But this thing is certainly not happening until a few months into 2009....

Last edited:
Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Been away from the board for awhile due to my Thanksgiving trip home to StL and catching up with work backlog all week. Lowest I saw on my trip was $1.39 in the StL area - they were actually having old fashioned gas wars - and it just hit $1.49 here at my local station two days ago - hope it stays there or lower for awhile. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You know, these Krell amps really do have their issues......
Don't ever try to run them with single ended inputs, it sounds absolutely horrible.... (at least in my rig it does) Have no idea why but they must be run only from the balanced input.... Still sometimes, I have issues with sterile sound, well this could be as simple as it actually just reveals the source material. Well, what the local distributors around here claims, Krell's can only be run from true balanced sources, or it will be :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My thought is to go with another amp, like a Lyngdorf and/or an Emotiva and redeploy the Krell to run a system in the bedroom:cool::cool:
If I'm doing that I would probably be able to do a comparison. But this thing is certainly not happening until a few months into 2009....
Harold, it sounds like you have a good plan. I respect that you have done so based on direct experience. There is nothing better to base a course of action upon imho.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Been away from the board for awhile due to my Thanksgiving trip home to StL and catching up with work backlog all week. Lowest I saw on my trip was $1.39 in the StL area - they were actually having old fashioned gas wars - and it just hit $1.49 here at my local station two days ago - hope it stays there or lower for awhile. :D
Hi Phil, glad you had a safe trip. The prices you speak of all sound reasonable. Here, it is $1.519 as we speak. Glad to have you back.

Cheers,

Phil

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Harold, it sounds like you have a good plan. I respect that you have done so based on direct experience. There is nothing better to base a course of action upon imho.

Cheers,

Phil
Oh yes, there's a plan and it's been there for way too long... and not the execution of the plans that I'd like, but lets hope now......

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh yes, there's a plan and it's been there for way too long... and not the execution of the plans that I'd like, but lets hope now......
Harold, sometimes a plan is all that is needed provided things stay realistic. Often, I find myself setting little goals that will sooner or later lead me to the larger goal. At others, it is nothing more than trial and error. :eek::eek: One way or another I do the best I can and go from there. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Woot woot-noticed gas is back down to $1.489 this afternoon on the way home. I plan to go ahead and fill-up tomorrow. Looking forward to saving some money.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Good news Phil. It dropped to 1.47 here yesterday at my local station and a few blocks north it's 1.45. Two cents at this stage isn't much - c'mon 1.25!! ;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good news Phil. It dropped to 1.47 here yesterday at my local station and a few blocks north it's 1.45. Two cents at this stage isn't much - c'mon 1.25!! ;)
Shoot yeah $1.25 would be sweeeeeeeeeet! Maybe it will do the same here. Thanks for posting Phil.

Cheers,

Phil

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Shoot yeah $1.25 would be sweeeeeeeeeet! Maybe it will do the same here. Thanks for posting Phil.

Cheers,

Phil
The other weekend when I was in Port Huron saw a car with the bumper sticker that said "When Bush took office gas was only $1.47!"
So does this mean he's done a good job after all,LOL!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
$1.62 here today. Well, right by me. It's a bit cheaper other places in town.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The other weekend when I was in Port Huron saw a car with the bumper sticker that said "When Bush took office gas was only $1.47!"
So does this mean he's done a good job after all,LOL!
Hey Steve, I wouldn't hold my breath with respect to Bush doing a good job. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Thanks for posting. Hope all is well buddy.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
$1.62 here today. Well, right by me. It's a bit cheaper other places in town.
Hi Adam. That is not a bad price. There is no change here locally. That is, still at $1.489 here. I did, however, hear the mention of $.99 a gallon on the morning news before Christmas. Now that would be something to see. Only time will tell eh?

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Dropped to $1.43 here today at my local station. Hope it stays low for my Christmas trip home. :D

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Hi Adam. That is not a bad price. There is no change here locally. Still at $1.489 here. I did, however, hear the mention of $.99 a gallon on the morning news before Christmas. Now that would be something to see. Only time will tell eh?

Cheers,

Phil
One can only hope -- .99 would be SWEEEEET! :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dropped to $1.43 here today at my local station. Hope it stays low for my Christmas trip home. :D
Oh yeah Phil that is a good price. I hope it stays low for your trip as well. Then, you will have more money to spend on presents. ;);) If has goes to $.99 a gallon it is better than sweet. In fact, that alone would make for a great Christmas present. Maybe Santa will do just that. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Steve, I wouldn't hold my breath with respect to Bush doing a good job. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Thanks for posting. Hope all is well buddy.

Cheers,

Phil
If there's one gu8y I don't think affect the oil price so much it's Bush
Opec guys do this.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis