Fallout 3 Discussion Thread

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Picking this game up today. Being released for PS3 and Xbox 360. Game developer is Bathesda the same people that brought us the amazing Elder Scrolls Oblivion and this seems even better from what I have read. IGN review is up and have given the game a 9.6 score:D. I will let you know of my impressions once I get a chance to play it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/924/924165p1.html

There is too many good games out right now and not enough time in the day to play them!

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Will this game be only first person. Will I be able to play it in 3rd person? FP games give me a headache

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Will this game be only first person. Will I be able to play it in 3rd person? FP games give me a headache
I have not played it yet, but from what I have read there is a choice between 1st and 3rd person views. From the reviews it seems the game is meant to be played in the 1st person, from the pics the 3rd person views look awkward. I will be playing in 1st person no doubt:).

I can't wait to play this game tonight...it looks sweet.:D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This game is available on PC as well (only said Xbox 360 and PS3 in 1st post:eek:).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Initial Impressions - Amazing!

So I played for 2 hours and I have to say I am totally blown away!

Graphics - Outstanding, best looking RPG to date. The level of detail in the characters and environment are amazing.

Gameplay - Gameplay is superb. The combat plays just like a first person shooter (if you use the 1st person view) and it is very well done. Frame rate runs fast. You can interact with just about anything. The dialogue system is just like KOTOR or Mass Effect:D. The game reminds me of a mix of Bioshock:) and Elder Scrolls Oblivion :) and I have to say it is fantastic! The maps are well done and I love the compus for navigation

Story - The story is unique and I can't help to be and stay interested in it.

Sound - As good as it gets:D!

So far I have no question in my mind this game will be up for Game Of The Year. This is the single most impressive game I have played IMO. If you are a gamer I highly recommend checking this game out.

Note: If you notice sluggish loading times, trying clearing the cache....go into dashboard then the harddrive then press Y then XX LB RB XX. I noticed it made a huge difference (for xbox 360 owners).

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I forgot to mention about using V.A.T.S in combat. What that does is it enables you to pinpoint certain areas of the body (head, leg, chest) of your enemy's to target.
The size and depth of this game is huge. I am thinking I will have to invest around 100 hours to complete everything. For this game to be as polished as it is (graphics,details, textures, sound, loading) is so impressive! IMO this is the most impressive game this generation and also from a game developers standpoint. Kudos to you Bathesda!:D

Note: If you have both a Xbox 360 and PS3, get the 360 version. The PS3 version of the game is inferior to the 360 and PC counterparts....taken from the gamespot review....It's a shame, in light of these impressive design elements, that the PlayStation 3 version is shockingly inferior to the others from a technical perspective. Although the Xbox 360 and PC versions display the occasional visual oddity and bland texture, these nitpicks are easy to overlook. Sadly, the jagged edges, washed-out lighting, and slightly diminished draw distance of the PS3 release aren't so easy to dismiss. We also experienced a number of visual bugs on the PS3. Character faces disappeared several times, leaving only eyeballs and hair; limbs on robots went missing; some character models had an odd outline around them as if they were cel-shaded; and the day-to-night transition may cause odd streaks on the screen as you move the camera around. This version doesn't even offer trophies, whereas the Xbox 360 and PC versions offer Xbox Live/Windows Live achievements.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am about 10-12 hours into this game and it keeps on getting better and better. I love the combat system using a mix of a FPS and the V.A.T.S. The cinematic scenes on kills is so cool. This game is quite challenging on the default setting but not in an annoying way. It makes you play smart in having to be prepared, conserve ammo, health as well as assessing the situation before combat. There is so much depth to this game.

It is a shame nobody has commented about playing this game because it is the best game to be released this year (IMO), it is a real gem.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I've been reading about Fallout 3 and it sounds interesting to me. I really liked Oblivion and Morrowind. I'm planning to get it probably this winter. I just ordered Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and Far Cry 2. Those should keep me busy for a while.

Jim

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
I logged two hours of gameplay this evening and I'm hooked. :) The only texture irregularities I've noticed were water reflections at distance.

This is a great game.

Rogo

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is my favorite game so far this generation. The only game which I have not played in which there is a chance I might like better is Gears of War 2 which I will pick up today. I am up to the final quest for the main story so I am exploring the entire Fallout universe completing sidequests and trying to max out my characters XP level. I am not completing the last main story quest just yet because once you do the game ends. Get ready to jump out of your seat at certain moments:D...great great game.

What console are you playing it on?

Matt34

Matt34

I picked this up today when I couldn't find Resistance 2. Going to give it a go on the PS3 when I get home.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis