Fable II Discussion Thread

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Fable II, exclusive RPG for the xbox 360 is being released tommorow (Oct 21):cool:. I am going to pick it up first thing tommorow morning so I hope to post some impressions:D of the game. Very excited to play this one.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The critic reviews are starting to role in and they are very high so far:):D:cool:. Hopefully gamespots review gets released tonight.

Official Xbox Magazine 9.5 / 10
Edge Magazine UK 9 / 10
VideoGamer 9 / 10
IGN 8.8 / 10
Eurogamer 10 / 10
Computer & Video Games UK 9.2 / 10
Planet Xbox 360 9.5 / 10

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Initial Impressions (no spoilers)

So far the game has been very good.

Initial impressions:

Graphics - Graphics are good, a little too Wii-ish for my taste (more on the cartoony side). Cinematic scenes have been awesome. Mass Effect is a better looking game so far IMO.

Gameplay - The gameplay is fast which I like. The character moves at a good pace. The dog is a real cool addition to the game (you have to play to find out). Combat is very fun with the little ability my character has at this point. Interaction with other characters is very deep. They did not include a mini-map...damn you! Menu loading times are a bit long.

Story - Too early to comment.

Sound - Very impressed!. Music, voice acting, sound effects are all top-notch. Sounds awesome played in DD 5.1.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I need a seXBox. This game looks pretty sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
After playing the game a bit more, I am liking it a lot. I am finally starting to upgrade my Strength, Skill and Will (Spells). I really enjoy using the spells in combat (not cheesy), some of them have some nice LFE:cool:. Going from a spell to a sword or a crossbow or any other combination works flawlessly, however I have not quite figured out to switch spells effectively in close combat so I usually have to run away from the enemies and hold RT+dpad . There is a spell selector which I cannot access yet until I get my character to a higer level, so hopefully it improves on that.

I have not quite figured out how to interact with other characters in the game effectevly using the expression feature (need to upgrade). My character is physically changing early on in the game, looking more evil (good vs evil) and starting to gain weight (eating too much). The sound quality is superb in the game!

Some annoyances

The maps are poor. Instead of using a map or compus you follow a highlighted path to your destination. The menu loading times are slow.

Conclusion
I have barely tapped into the possibilities of what you can do, so things should get really interesting:). Will play more tonight.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Meh, this makes the fact my 360 is dead all the more painful. Not to mention all the other plethora of games coming out next week and in the following weeks. Hopefully that box will get here soon enough and I can get this paperweight sent off! I miss my Forza 2!

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Daaaaamit....I'm here at work, whilst my wife is at home playing the game without me! D'oh!!!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Daaaaamit....I'm here at work, whilst my wife is at home playing the game without me! D'oh!!!
Yeah the game is alot of fun. I am starting to get level 2 strength, skill and will. I can aim manually with my crossbow now and can perform more powerful close combat moves, I also purchased an entry level rifle and upgraded to an axe. Today I did a mixture of the main quests which involved some action in caves, completed some jobs (forging swords and cutting wood) and completed some side quests. I have accumulated some capital now so I think I am going to rent out more property and maybe buy some shops. My character has started to build up reputation in the villages so interaction with the other characters is alot easier. His physical apperance has totally changed, he is looking very evil and powerful(I was even able to make him lose some much needed weight).

KASR are you trying to be a hero or evil?

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Any chance this coming over to the PS3? I know you said exclusive but....

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Any chance this coming over to the PS3? I know you said exclusive but....
In 2006, Microsoft purchased Lionhead Studios. All games made by them are exclusive to Microsoft. There is no chance of this game going to the PS3.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
KASR are you trying to be a hero or evil?
Sadly one of my favorite quotes is: "Evil will always triumph, becuz good is dumb!"

LOL! but with that said, I'll most likely play one game as the good hero and then one as the bad...just like Fable I! :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly one of my favorite quotes is: "Evil will always triumph, becuz good is dumb!"

LOL! but with that said, I'll most likely play one game as the good hero and then one as the bad...just like Fable I! :D
Yeah for some reason I always choose the evil path first. You can't be a prick in real life so I have to take it out on the game;).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I purchased as much property as I could afford. I kept one house to live in and rented out all the rest. I raised rent 100% on each unit....they must hate me. That should boost my corruption quite a bit.

Last edited:
KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
I purchased as much property as I could afford. I kept one house to live in and rented out all the rest. I raised rent 100% on each unit....they must hate me. That should boost my corruption quite a bit.
HAHAHA! The evil landlord...they are the worst! :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have been completing all the side missions and jobs that I currently can do before going on with the main quest (story). On level 2 -3 with Skill, strength and will and finally recieved my first augmented melee weapon from one of the side quests, my dog has more abilities. I have two wives currently and have one kid (still a baby)...we will see where this goes....so far this game has been a blast....tons and tons of fun:D:D:D. Great game!

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I finally got to spend a couple of hours with this game last night. I was very impressed with it, especially once I got to town. It the most "live" or "real" game I've experienced. I just thought it was cool listening to conversations, watching kids run around town, etc. And the dog seems like a great concept. Though I'm sure my real dogs do not dig the virtual fetch as much as I do...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis