Call of Duty "5" - World at War

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I think that's do-able. It's a pretty short campaign IMHO.
Oh yeah, I'm avoiding going out to the bars tonight so I'll be playin haha. I have to say, it's getting extremely repetative. So far I'm not that into it, but I'm only on the extraction (maybe two hours in?) .. so, I think it might change up soon. The last FPS I played was Resistance Fall of Man... and I wasn't a fan... this is much better... but, needs to change it up a bit soon!!

Thats a shame, COD4 is the best online mulitplayer game for the xbox 360. Yes, I will say the multiplayer is better than Gears of War and Halo 3!
I don't *have* to return it, I can keep it if I like it a lot. I'll try the multiplayer. I've been playing some Metal Gear Solid multiplayer. It's pretty fun!

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
TreyArch is making COD5. So I wouldn't expect too much. To bad it's not Infinity Ward again:(

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
They're doing COD6, right?
Not Sure? I heard on an IGN podcast that TreyArch was gonna follow the sequel rule, ie. COD 5, 6, so on. And Infinity Ward was going to continue to make COD with titles, ie. Modern Warfare. That was the last I heard but the game developers change there minds everyday. You can check IGN for the correct information. Don't quote me on this info, but I think thats what I heard them discussing.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
COD4, for those who haven't played, gets WWAAAYYY better as it goes on. It's absolutely sick right now. Very cool.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Argh, I need to play COD4 yet, I've been stuck on Mass Effect earlier this year and now playing GTA.

A couple of months back I was thinking that I should pick up COD4 when it was on sale. Then not long after that I was cleaning up my media room after getting some new stuff setup, and found a copy of COD4...oops, forgot about that present...good thing I didn't buy another copy.
I have nothing to do this weekend, I think COD4 will be my priority this weekend now after reading this thread.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Argh, I need to play COD4 yet, I've been stuck on Mass Effect earlier this year and now playing GTA.

A couple of months back I was thinking that I should pick up COD4 when it was on sale. Then not long after that I was cleaning up my media room after getting some new stuff setup, and found a copy of COD4...oops, forgot about that present...good thing I didn't buy another copy.
I have nothing to do this weekend, I think COD4 will be my priority this weekend now after reading this thread.
I just finished it. You'll get it done in half a day. Good fun. Beginning gets a little repetative, but, after that it is badass.

Get Metal Gear Solid 4 too.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic

I envy you. I wish I could play it again for the first time. You don't know what your in for. Just take it slow and savor every bite because it doesn't last long.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I just finished it. You'll get it done in half a day. Good fun. Beginning gets a little repetative, but, after that it is badass.

Get Metal Gear Solid 4 too.
Hey, how'd you know I just got a ps3?
Been using it for blu-rays so far, still deciding on what game to get first...

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Hey, how'd you know I just got a ps3?
Been using it for blu-rays so far, still deciding on what game to get first...
Haha, it's a great blu-ray player, that's for sure.

I would for sure try COD4, it's a lot of fun. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my personal favorite. Metal Gear Solid 4 is third person (unlike Call of Duty 4, which is first), so the gameplay is slightly different. I would consider it more difficult to learn to play, but not frusturating, and once you get the hang of it, you'll have an absolute blast. The weapons are great (M4 with a silencer and masterkey/granade launcher is my weapon of choice ... but there are TTOOONNNSSSS of great weapons to choose from), your interaction with the environment is amazing, the soundtrack is the best sounding game I've heard (and where you truely use sound as one of your tools). There is a big story behind it, that I've only partially gotten into, but you can always press skip and not watch the story. "Codecs" and "Mission Briefings" are really all you need.

I started playing it over the summer, and got really into it. After you beat the game, you'll want to go back and earn "emblems" playing the game with different strageties. Metal Gear Online is a ton of fun too. They came out with the "Gene" expanision pack that has absolutely brilliant maps.

Anyways, I'm rambling, I think this is a must have game, where beating it the first time only opens the doors to the rest of it. I actually recommend picking up their strategy guide (the official one), as it is written well and has some good tips.

Ratings/Reviews from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots#Critical

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I think the console version looks like garbage, mostly because I've been spoiled with the PC version. With 1.28GB of video RAM, I get over 300fps at 1680x1050 on max graphic settings, so seeing it on a 360 was kind of disappointing.

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't really like this game. I think the main problem I have with it is that it drew a lot of Counterstrike players and their attitudes. Playing online seems more like serious business than playing a game. I quit playing after I got to level 55.

I may check out the next game. I do enjoy WWII era games, so I may like this one. Although, it is going to be difficult for me to find a WWII game that I like better than Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat: Source. Personally, I think VALVe and the Source engine games are the best first person shooters out there right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis