Call of Duty "5" - World at War

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All this talk of COD, combined with my new PC, finally pushed me over the edge - I've got COD 4 on it's way from Amazon. Can't wait to play it. The demo had some great graphics.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I would like to see another game set in modern times like COD4, with more vehicle levels. Then maybe one in the near future, a la Ghost Recon.

I feel WWII has been overdone, although all I've been playing lately is Company of Heroes, I don't know if I could get-into Vietnam or Korea. But then again if it is as good as COD4 I would play it.
I loved the addition of the SAS in #4:D.

jnmfox

jnmfox

Audioholic
Looks like we are getting our wish...

"While presenting his vision for the 2009 calendar year, CEO Bobby Kotick confirmed "an all-new Call of Duty" will be released "utilizing our leapfrog studio strategy." The invocation of studio alternation implies that next year's Call of Duty will be developed by Infinity Ward, since Treyarch is working on the 2008 installment in the series, Call of Duty: World at War. Though requests for confirmation of Infinity Ward's involvement had not been returned as of press time, the studio confirmed it was at work on a new project for Activision earlier this month."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195311.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

M

Matt85

Enthusiast
The reason COD3 was a flop was because it was made by a different developer. Infinity Ward made COD1,2, and 4. Treyarch made COD3 and is making COD5.

If you listen carefully to the song at the end of COD4 they poke-fun at Treyarch saying COD4 is really the 3rd COD game.

The reason the graphics look the same is because COD5 is just using the COD4 engine. It seems to me that Activision is just looking to cash in with COD5, which is too bad considering how great COD4 is.
You hit the nail on the head!

Treyarch is absolute garbage, and COD5 will reflect that. Unfortunately, alot of people will buy it assuming it carries the quality of COD4. Activision is making a big mistake letting Treyarch get their hands back on the series.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You hit the nail on the head!

Treyarch is absolute garbage, and COD5 will reflect that. Unfortunately, alot of people will buy it assuming it carries the quality of COD4. Activision is making a big mistake letting Treyarch get their hands back on the series.
I do not understand the switch to Treyarch after how awesome a job infinity ward did on COD4. COD4 was by far the best of the series and one of my favorite games this year. Does anyone know the motives for the switch between different developers for this series?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Does anyone know the motives for the switch between different developers for this series?
I'd speculate that it has to do with the software development time. For example, if it takes one developer two years to get a new game out, then Activision could use two developers in a cycle to release a new version each year.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All this talk of COD, combined with my new PC, finally pushed me over the edge - I've got COD 4 on it's way from Amazon. Can't wait to play it. The demo had some great graphics.
I just finished the game. It was shorter than I expected it to be. I'll have to give it another go on a harder level. Nice graphics, though, and some good gameplay.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The online mulitplayer is what makes the game so great... I've hardly played the campaign.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't even bother finishing the game. We just play against each other because that is much more fun.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My cousin played this game on my xbox this week. He beat the campaign in around 5-6 hours. It was on the easiest setting recruit mind you. Try this game on veteran:eek:, it will take you a lot longer. I really enjoyed the campaign for this game...very enjoyable..one of my favorite single player games and especially satisfying beating the game on veteran because it is quite challenging at some parts. Now if only I could get The Mile High achievement:eek: (beating the secret mission on veteran).:eek:

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Just finished it. The final mission in the airplane was nice :) Definitely the best game in the series (and one of the best FPS war games so far). Too bad it is so short. Got to have a go at multiplayer.

I have a X360, but I played this on a PC. 1920x1080 is really nice and the sound is great.
I'm very satisfied with the work Infinity Ward has made. I never expected to have such a great fluid gameplay with an old Opteron 165 and a 8600 GTS. These guys know how to make a good 3D engine.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just downloaded two demos from the first Call of Duty today. I played them years ago, but I wanted to try them out again (on my new computer, even). I still think those are fun! In fact, I liked the demos better than the full game...which I just remembered as I was typing this that I own. :eek: The graphics are pretty good, but playing the demo just hours after playing COD 4 made the original COD soldiers look like cartoon characters. :)

R

RParker

Enthusiast
I thought COD4 was too short also. I was just getting into it and it was over. I hope COD5 (if any good) will be longer with more missions.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I picked up a used COD4 today at GameStop. Guy said if you beat it in a week you can return it and get your money back. So, basically, I'm going to play it for free. Haha.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I picked up a used COD4 today at GameStop. Guy said if you beat it in a week you can return it and get your money back. So, basically, I'm going to play it for free. Haha.
I think that's do-able. It's a pretty short campaign IMHO.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Thats a shame, COD4 is the best online mulitplayer game for the xbox 360. Yes, I will say the multiplayer is better than Gears of War and Halo 3!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis