B&W DM 604 1st series advice

J

jamie2112

Banned
I asked a seller a question about his B&W 604 speakers and he accepted my offer of 525 shipped. These were 1600 new and you don't see a lot of them. Any advice would be helpful as I am torn on what to do......:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Any advice would be helpful as I am torn on what to do......:eek:
GET BACK INTO THE CORNER!!! This is your second time out today, dude. It's almost time to downgrade you to social audio-dabbler.

:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oh well I bought them.....:eek: Adam where were you to talk some sense into me......:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
GET BACK INTO THE CORNER!!! This is your second time out today, dude. It's almost time to downgrade you to social audio-dabbler.

:D
oh well I will be out in the shed after the wife finds out....... if she finds out:D:D:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh well I bought them.....:eek: Adam where were you to talk some sense into me......:D
Who, me? I was busy typing a good audioholic bashing to you.

Congrats on the purchase, my friend! Most excellent. I look forward to reading about your impressions.

J

jamie2112

Banned
As you might be able to tell by now I really like the sound of the speakers B&W produces...... I am very excited and will most likely be selling the Jamo's in order to finance these baby's.....

J

jamie2112

Banned
I will post a whole photobucket series when I get these. I just got a new digital camera this weekend and will for sure take pics of my whole rig and post them. Sorry for the delay into the 21st century.......:D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I think you will like those speakers Jamie. However you had better break this to your wife gently. Although sold as 8 ohm, they are only 8 ohm above 450 Hz. Below that they are 4 ohm, and as is the case with most larger B & Ws they drop down as low as 3 Ohm. Most of the power is below 500 Hz, so actually these are 3 to 4 ohm speakers. So I think you will be in the market for more robust amplification.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I think you will like those speakers Jamie. However you had better break this to your wife gently. Although sold as 8 ohm, they are only 8 ohm above 450 Hz. Below that they are 4 ohm, and as is the case with most larger B & Ws they drop down as low as 3 Ohm. Most of the power is below 500 Hz, so actually these are 3 to 4 ohm speakers. So I think you will be in the market for more robust amplification.
I have an Acurus a250 power amp thats 250 watts x 2 that should be good for the 604's I think.....more power is not a bad thing anyway.....:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis