No PS3 Price Cut In 2008

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I got a like new condition 40 gig PS3 in the factory box with everything it normally comes with, even the spiderman 3 blu ray, for $300 shipped from www.overstockdealz.com or www.consumerdepot.com they both usually have the same stuff, but both are the same company. I also got a xbox 360 pro for about $200 shipped, same condition, like new with all the stuff it comes with brand new, in the factory box. So for $500 I was able to have a PS3 and a 360 premium system added to my bedroom system.

http://www.consumerdepot.com/pg_productsrch.asp?selsrchitem=DESC&selsrchkeyword=playstation

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They aren't dropping the price because they've basically updated the 40G model to an 80G and they see that as added value. The question is, what will replace the 80G?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am still waiting to see if Sony releases a 160 gig before I buy one. I have seen the 80 gig MGS edition for 450 at BB.....

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
They aren't dropping the price because they've basically updated the 40G model to an 80G and they see that as added value. The question is, what will replace the 80G?
An extra 40g doesn't really add that much value now that there are mandatory installs for pretty much all the new games that come out for the ps3. On either system (360 and ps3) you can use up 80G really fast.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
An extra 40g doesn't really add that much value now that there are mandatory installs for pretty much all the new games that come out for the ps3. On either system (360 and ps3) you can use up 80G really fast.
Better than 40G :D I am down to about 10G free on my 60.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Better than 40G :D I am down to about 10G free on my 60.
So you can play 1 more new game and then you got to start un-installing stuff or get an extra HD. The one thing about both the 360 and ps3 is the hard drive storage on these consoles is soooooooo 2001, lagging far behind in relationship to the technological capabilities of these machines

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I am still waiting to see if Sony releases a 160 gig before I buy one. I have seen the 80 gig MGS edition for 450 at BB.....
They are releasing a 160 gig version, it will come bundled with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought it was going to replace the 80, so should be the same price. Basically increasing the same exact models with 2X storage, no new features.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis