Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I downloaded the PS3 demo and I must say the game is awesome. It is like God of War but with fully interactive backgrounds. You can literally use and destroy everything at your disposal and chuck it at enemies. The combos are flashy and great as well as the force powers. On Sept 15 I will definitely be picking the game up.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I DL'ed the 360 version, and I have to admit, I was a little underwhelmed.

The combat seemed very static and stale. Perhaps because I've been playing Ninja Gaiden 2 alot lately. Suppose I can't expect the slick combo and variety of moves that game has. Hopefully the full game will give you more than 3-4 combos, and as you raise levels, your swordfighting improves. I'd love to see some variety like Dual and Double-Bladed sabers (complete with different moves)

Did the part where Vader knighted the new guy seem funny to you? I can see a parody where his cell phone rings during the knighting and "Oh Crap, there goes another apprentice's head" :eek:

The graphics were OK, nothing spectacular though. No BioShock-like graphics here. However, the story seemed pretty interesting judging by the demo's cutscenes. I hope to see more of that during the final game!

I am a huge SW fan; so I'll probably buy it, even though I LOATHE LucasArts. Oh Yes, I had to Italicize/Bold/Underline that, I went there. :D

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I DL'ed the 360 version, and I have to admit, I was a little underwhelmed.

The combat seemed very static and stale. Perhaps because I've been playing Ninja Gaiden 2 alot lately. Suppose I can't expect the slick combo and variety of moves that game has. Hopefully the full game will give you more than 3-4 combos, and as you raise levels, your swordfighting improves. I'd love to see some variety like Dual and Double-Bladed sabers (complete with different moves)

Did the part where Vader knighted the new guy seem funny to you? I can see a parody where his cell phone rings during the knighting and "Oh Crap, there goes another apprentice's head" :eek:

The graphics were OK, nothing spectacular though. No BioShock-like graphics here. However, the story seemed pretty interesting judging by the demo's cutscenes. I hope to see more of that during the final game!

I am a huge SW fan; so I'll probably buy it, even though I LOATHE LucasArts. Oh Yes, I had to Italicize/Bold/Underline that, I went there. :D
IGN has released gameplay videos where the main guy is using 2 lightsabers. In the tutorial section it states that when you get different lightsaber crystals you get more special moves and as you level up you will have different combos including ones with the different force powers. LucasArts has released quite a bit of gameplay videos where the guy is doing some crazy moves and combo with the lightsaber and force powers. One of the main reasons I will be buying it though is because the story looks to be very good like the KOTOR games.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I keep hanging on for another SW game to match KoToR's depth, storyline, and immersion. I think I may be waiting forever! :)

If you look at KoToR, it's the story that makes it so great and gave it such replay value. The graphics weren't great (even for the time), the combat and item selection system was one step above a nightmare, the game was loaded with bugs/glitches. Still, I kept playing for at least 10 full playthroughs. Why? Because the story was simply stunning. Honestly, way better than Lucas' episodes 1-3.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The graphics on the PS3 are outstanding. First rate. The gameplay is a bit weak IMO, as it is a bit of button mashing and requires little skill. The wide variety of moves and ability to use most anything to help you makes it pretty fun though. I read the first reviews though and they all seemed to be fairly "luke"warm :) as the difficulty seemed to vary wildly and in an unbalanced manner.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
The graphics on the PS3 are outstanding. First rate. The gameplay is a bit weak IMO, as it is a bit of button mashing and requires little skill. The wide variety of moves and ability to use most anything to help you makes it pretty fun though. I read the first reviews though and they all seemed to be fairly "luke"warm :) as the difficulty seemed to vary wildly and in an unbalanced manner.
I tried playing the demo on the hardest setting and it's ridiculous. Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox (ended up throwing the xbox controller across the room :().

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So far I think it is pretty fun. It seems to be a good mix of play and throwing stuff around or grabbing large items (like Tie-bombers) or the "Impale" function never really get old. I might pick this one up after it drops in price or goes used.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Most likely I will pass on buying this game. There is a lull right now and in a few months there will be some very exciting titles coming out that I am interested in. I want to save my video game money for those upcoming titles. If force unleashed gets good reviews I will give the game a rent:).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am holding out for Little Big Planet. That is my next MUST OWN.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am holding out for Little Big Planet. That is my next MUST OWN.
Agreed, it will be a MUST PLAY for me (don't own a PS3:().

I will be buying these 2 games no matter what :).

October - Fable 2
November - Gears of War 2

Matt34

Matt34

I can't wait to get home and be able to actually download these demo's I read about all the time here.;)

D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
I can't wait to get home and be able to actually download these demo's I read about all the time here.;)
Based on the trailers, I had high hopes for this game, and it does look good, (not great), but I couldn't stand playing it. The camera would do insane things like when I walked into a room it would put me in a corner with the camera looking at my face meanwhile people across the room were shooting at me. Too bad.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They have pretty much kept the storyline a secret thus far.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
A friend of mine got his a last week from Newegg, he had it pre-ordered. :cool:

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
I keep hanging on for another SW game to match KoToR's depth, storyline, and immersion. I think I may be waiting forever! :)

If you look at KoToR, it's the story that makes it so great and gave it such replay value. The graphics weren't great (even for the time), the combat and item selection system was one step above a nightmare, the game was loaded with bugs/glitches. Still, I kept playing for at least 10 full playthroughs. Why? Because the story was simply stunning. Honestly, way better than Lucas' episodes 1-3.
Man I hear you 100% I was so hoping for a 3rd KoToR, I loved the story and I loved replaying over and over again sometimes Bad sometimes Good, and the fact that you could pick different classes as well. It was just a total emersion in the game like a 20hr movie that you just couldnt stop playing. I downloaded the demo to The Force and it was pretty good but not worth buying IMO, I will rent it though...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This game will be a rent at best for me after reading some reviews (probably won't even do that). Hopefully they can fix some of the glitches and performance issues with a patch.

Last edited:
I played the Xbox 360 demo and deleted it after about a half hour or so... It jumped the shark (for me) when it made me mash buttons to cleave the imperial walker in two.

It just seemed difficult to control and very very redundant. I WANTED to like it, but I can't imagine playing it for very long. Maybe if the environments and graphics were more like Gears/UT3... I'm VERY biased now on the look and playability of games.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis