Lexus makes Batmobile?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not exactly, but it sure looks like someone saw too many Dark Knight traielrs...

Does one reach for a camera or a can of RAID when the Lexus Nuaero concept pulls into the driveway? Sure Jon Rådbrink's design looks incredibly cool, fast and futuristic; but then again I've also spent the last few minutes looking over my shoulder to see if Sigourney Weaver was about to burst from the wall in a load lifter to do battle with it in my office. As it turns out, there's a lot more to this design than just looks, and Rådbrink believes the car's "low weight and large presence" will be the way premium cars could be manufactured in the future. Oh, and it's loaded with tech, too.
To drive this catamaran-inspired luxury car, the driver would use a drive-by-wire steering pad and a completely customizable multi-point touch screen. Rådbrink contends that our hands are far more accurate for driving than our feet, so he's eliminated pedals. Everything is controlled via the steering wheel. "Since the car is powered by electrical motors [found in each of the four wheels]," Rådbrink says, "there is no transmission and you break intuitively by pushing the steering wheel away from your body."
The kicker is that this 14.5-ft. car is designed with lightweight materials meant to increase mileage and efficiency. How light is light? Try roughly the same weight as the diminutive SMART fortwo. "I believe that this design paradox of low weight and large presence could be the way we’ll define premium in the future," Rådbrink said. Just don't forget the futuristic airbags if this ever makes it into production

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, interesting.
I wonder how they counter balance those wheels?

Rick

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Would not want to get t-boned while driving that car... pretty sure it would crumple like a piece of paper! :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure the wheels are machined in such a way that they are balanced. That is one of the more interesting design aspects IMO. Overall I think the car is a nice looking design, just a little square-ish in profile and 14.5 feet long...

and 14.5 feet long...
My guess is it can park itself... lol. I'm all for forward-thinking designs. Consumers aren't the best at accepting designs which "push the envelope", however; so when designs this radical come out you wonder how much they paid for what will end up being a giant paperweight. At least some of the tech might make it into other cars as is typically the case.

I just want to see this (at least the look):

http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php

For under $40k.

Can you imagine if Saturn or Pontiac released their two-seaters in an electric format for under $40k? People would go CRAZY. They couldn't make them fast enough.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
My guess is it can park itself... lol. I'm all for forward-thinking designs. Consumers aren't the best at accepting designs which "push the envelope", however; so when designs this radical come out you wonder how much they paid for what will end up being a giant paperweight. At least some of the tech might make it into other cars as is typically the case.

I just want to see this (at least the look):

http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php

For under $40k.

Can you imagine if Saturn or Pontiac released their two-seaters in an electric format for under $40k? People would go CRAZY. They couldn't make them fast enough.
Nice.... now thats a nice machine... Only $110K with $5k deposit and 12 month waiting period... Hmmmm

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Tesla is desgined here in the Bay Area, but is built and styled by Lotus overseas. It is essentially just a modified Lotus Elise and they chose it due to extremely light construction.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Damn that is sweet. I would buy that in a second if I could afford it.....:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure the wheels are machined in such a way that they are balanced. That is one of the more interesting design aspects IMO. Overall I think the car is a nice looking design, just a little square-ish in profile and 14.5 feet long...
I'll bet the pictures don't due it justice.
It's one of those cars you have to see in person.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis