PS3 Greatest hits - $29.99

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
From Sony. Some of these prices are better used, however a few are cheaper than the used prices I have seen for them:

As announced at our E3 press conference, some of our top PLAYSTATION 3 titles will be re-launched as Greatest Hits. Starting today, you can now get these blockbuster titles for only $29.99. Yep, you read it right, $29.99. So for all you PS3 owners out there who have been holding off on any of these games, now is your chance to expand your videogame collection. Not a PS3 owner? No more excuses.

Check out the list of Greatest Hits:

Warhawk, Motorstorm and Resistance: Fall of Man, SCEA.
Call of Duty 3, Activision
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed: Carbon, Electronic Arts
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas and Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Bethesda Softworks
Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Tecmo

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
What happened to the $19.99 price range. If they want to compete with X*** 3** then sell more games ie (Platinum version). Just a thought

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
What happened to the $19.99 price range. If they want to compete with X*** 3** then sell more games ie (Platinum version). Just a thought
Why did you censor Xbox 360?

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
I just had another go bad on me. I do like the 360 better for gaming but I am not happy with the hardware right know.

engtaz

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
Uncharted didn't make the list? Trying to pick up a used copy of Warhawk that comes with a mic, might check out Motorstorm but no local 2 player might kill that idea.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just had another go bad on me. I do like the 360 better for gaming but I am not happy with the hardware right know.

engtaz
You did get a replacement console for free, correct?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
yes but this one did not last a month.

engtaz
Are they replacing the replacement free of charge? My original 360 took a crapper but the replacement model has been working flawlessly so far.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They should give you an Elite now that you have had a replacement go bad... Was it RROD again?

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
That and freezing immediately during and after boot.

engtaz

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
From Sony. Some of these prices are better used, however a few are cheaper than the used prices I have seen for them:

Resistance is average, Motorstorm is average (nice graphics though), and Ninja Gaiden is a 3 year old remake of an Xbox game. Where are the PS3 exclusives worth playing? Uncharted, Ratchet, etc?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just like PS2, those are guidelines for sales and likely other factors that dictate whether or not a game makes the list. Most of those games are older. Rachet isn't that good either. Uncharted was great, but too short. Ninja Gaiden was better than the 360 version in every way, including the additional levels playing as the chick that were integrated into the original story line. Fight Night is fun, but can get old quick. COD3 was garbage. Oblivion was an exclusive and an award winning game wasn't it?

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Oblivion was an exclusive and an award winning game wasn't it?
Oblivion was an award winning game and is awesome, but not an exclusive since it came out on PC and XBox 360 first.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
JNinja Gaiden was better than the 360 version in every way, including the additional levels playing as the chick that were integrated into the original story line.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma was a remake of an Xbox *1* game...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried this one on the PS3? It is actually pretty decent. It got a little dumb at the end, but overall it was a good PS3 title. It was essentially a completely new game from the ground up, meaning every single aspect of the game was recreated pretty much from scratch for the PS3. It isn't a great title, but it was good.

I never tried Oblivion, but with the price drop I might check it out. I heard nothing but good things about it.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
If you like that type of game (character building, etc), you'll love Oblivion. The world is huge, there's tons to do, and it'll take a long time to complete. I thought it was well put together, but my gaming has necessarily changed now that i have a toddler running around. I can only play for 45 minutes at a stretch now, so i need more "pick up and play" type games and couldn't really get immersed in Oblivion. For $30 it's a tremendous value.

I didn't play Ninja Gaiden on the PS3. Tomonobu Itagaki has expressed his clear preference for the 360 (the ps3 games were ports), though Tecmo's stance is likely to change now that he left Tecmo. It's not a bad game (on any platform), i just hoped for more games i wanted to play that i didn't already have for the 360. MGS4 made me dust of my PS3 for a while, but it's getting dusty again now :( At least the fall looks promising.

Maybe Ratchet and Uncharted will make the cut by the end of the year, since i think a game has to be out for over a year to be a "greatest hit". Likewise, i'd be all over Rock Band if they dropped it to $99 (like they did for the PS2 version). Not likely though.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If you like that type of game (character building, etc), you'll love Oblivion. The world is huge, there's tons to do, and it'll take a long time to complete.
At like 130 hours into the game with the main story and sidequests completed I started to get bored;). At about this point I would would just walk around, enter caves and kill things:). If you play this game do not contract vamparism...it totally sucks (there is a cure though). Lots of things to do in this game, it is a steal for 30 bucks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's how it was for me with Folklore. I liked it, but about 3/4 of the way through it got a bit too repetetive, even though the story was interesting. Once I got closer to the end, it started to pick up again.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Good news is that Samsclub is a stand up place and replace the Xbox 360 unit for me. What out of the 29.99 are recommended games for the PS3?

Thanks,
engtaz

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Good news is that Samsclub is a stand up place and replace the Xbox 360 unit for me. What out of the 29.99 are recommended games for the PS3?

Thanks,
engtaz
Since you have a 360 the only games I would recommend for the PS3 from that list is Resistance and Motorstorm. There are better first person shooters on the 360 but Resistance is still a solid game and it is exclusive to the PS3. Motorstorm is also an exclusive , great visuals, very fun game but short in length.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis