Call of Duty "5" - World at War

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like they are going back to the WWII era for this one. The screen shots I saw are actually kind of disappointing, as it doesn't look one bit better than the current one. Some of the features they are adding though makes it sound like it will still be just as fun. I haven't watched all of the E3 videos on it, but will be interesting to see how it goes.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
COD4 was a big step up over its counterparts especially how #3 was such a flop. I really liked the direction they went with 4. I wish they would not have reverted back to WWII. What I would have liked to this series go in the settings of the vietnam war, I think that could make for a great game. The WWII types are getting old for me but I will still play this game no doubt.

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
COD4 is the best game I've ever played on any platform at any time. The only thing I can think of that gave me the same excitement were some of the Mega Man series on SNES.

Going back to WWII would be a mistake I think also. I think they should keep the modern theme, maybe even try something like 10 years in the future. But of course, keep it as realistic as possible.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I highly doubt I will get COD5, they whole WWII thing is way too played out. I say keep it fresh and stay with the modern stuff, and up the graphics as much as possible, even though I think COD4 has amazing graphics.

Last edited:
Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I highly doubt I will get COD5, they whole WWII thing is way too played out. I say keep it fresh and stay with the modern stuff, and up the graphics as much as possible, even thought I think COD4 has amazing graphics.
Hell, I'd pay $60 for a 1080p version of COD4 with a few new missions, maps, and weapons.

jnmfox

jnmfox

Audioholic
Infinity Ward vs. Treyarch

The reason COD3 was a flop was because it was made by a different developer. Infinity Ward made COD1,2, and 4. Treyarch made COD3 and is making COD5.

If you listen carefully to the song at the end of COD4 they poke-fun at Treyarch saying COD4 is really the 3rd COD game.

The reason the graphics look the same is because COD5 is just using the COD4 engine. It seems to me that Activision is just looking to cash in with COD5, which is too bad considering how great COD4 is.

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
The reason COD3 was a flop was because it was made by a different developer. Infinity Ward made COD1,2, and 4. Treyarch made COD3 and is making COD5.

If you listen carefully to the song at the end of COD4 they poke-fun at Treyarch saying COD4 is really the 3rd COD game.

The reason the graphics look the same is because COD5 is just using the COD4 engine. It seems to me that Activision is just looking to cash in with COD5, which is too bad considering how great COD4 is.
Hmm, bummer ... that's disappointing news.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully Infinity Ward will make COD6 and make it another great addition to the series.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
COD4 is hardly one of the best games ever IMO, but it is an excellent game. I hated COD3. I didn't realize it wasn't Infinity Ward doing the new one, which means I probably won't pick this one up either.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't get the impression that we will ever see a big name game do Vietnam.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't get the impression that we will ever see a big name game do Vietnam.
There was some early to mid-90s Navy Seal game for the PC that was set in Vietnam. For the time it was actually pretty cool.

I'd be down with playing a game about Korea- the country has very diverse landscapes (everything from fertile deltas to snowy mountains), a variety of weapons which actually evolved over the course of the war, and some interesting missions that actually took place during the war which would be awesome for coop play.

Btw- The Coldest Winter (by David Halberstam) is an outstanding book about Korea if you want to learn more about the conflict.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
FWIW, there was a Battlefield: Vietnam but it was never as popular as the original Battlefield 1942.

Yeah, WWII has been done and overdone. Maybe a WWI game, complete with innacurate, overheating, and constantly jamming guns? :). Korea could be pretty good. I would love to see a Special-ops type of game (Like RB6 but better) made by Infinity Ward.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
COD4 was a big step up over its counterparts especially how #3 was such a flop. I really liked the direction they went with 4. I wish they would not have reverted back to WWII. What I would have liked to this series go in the settings of the vietnam war, I think that could make for a great game. The WWII types are getting old for me but I will still play this game no doubt.
COD4 was more the successor to COD2 than COD3.

COD3 was made by a completely different studio, and it was console-only.

I think Vietnam would be a shitty setting for a FPS. Who wants to wade through jungle and rice patties looking for people you can't see who are killing all your guys?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
COD4 was more the successor to COD2 than COD3.

COD3 was made by a completely different studio, and it was console-only.

I think Vietnam would be a shitty setting for a FPS. Who wants to wade through jungle and rice patties looking for people you can't see who are killing all your guys?
Sounds like fun to me:p. BTW all your points before that were previously stated already.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just think Vientam is still a touchy one even today, which is why most companies don't really want to take it on.

jnmfox

jnmfox

Audioholic
Next COD from Infinity Ward

I would like to see another game set in modern times like COD4, with more vehicle levels. Then maybe one in the near future, a la Ghost Recon.

I feel WWII has been overdone, although all I've been playing lately is Company of Heroes, I don't know if I could get-into Vietnam or Korea. But then again if it is as good as COD4 I would play it.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
COD4 was a big step up over its counterparts especially how #3 was such a flop. I really liked the direction they went with 4. I wish they would not have reverted back to WWII. What I would have liked to this series go in the settings of the Vietnam war, I think that could make for a great game. The WWII types are getting old for me but I will still play this game no doubt.
I don't see how playing a game you can't win would be very profitable. Ba dum psh!

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis