Not a rant but a rave instead

A

allargon

Audioholic General
My girlfriend was at Fry's this morning and saw that the Harman Kardon AVR-247 was being discontinued. They had an open box and a floor model for $158.42 or something like that. Naturally, I went with the open box.

I'll hook it up this weekend (just stereo for now) to my Infinity P362's. :D

I bought her a cheap *** mp3 player since she was jonesing for a Zen to reward her. Honestly, I might take it back and get her a Zen or something, since she was nice enough to hook me up. (Too bad, the damned thing's too big for my media furniture.)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you get the 362's for $99 a piece? :) That rec'r in stereo should say

STEREO+DSP

meaning that you can still cross it at 80Hz and use a sub. Are you at all inclined to do any modifications to the 362's? They're prime candidates.
Way to stay on top of the deals.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Did you get the 362's for $99 a piece? :) That rec'r in stereo should say

STEREO+DSP

meaning that you can still cross it at 80Hz and use a sub. Are you at all inclined to do any modifications to the 362's? They're prime candidates.
Way to stay on top of the deals.
The modifications might come later. Yeah, I got those for $99 a piece. Both the receiver and the P362's were cheaper at Fry's than on E-bay.

I had planned on getting some EMP's from the Audioholics store before buying another receiver. I didn't realize this thing would process audio over HDMI. I had looked at it weeks ago and thought it was only HDMI pass-through. Silly, silly Allargon! :eek: I'll take an open box. I'm not that proud.

I will cross them later. However, they will be set to "large" or their equivalent for now. Decent subs (even DIY) are pricey.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
they will be set to "large" or their equivalent for now.
The speakers are rated for 38Hz. I would set them to small and cross them at 40. Lie to the 247 and tell it there is a sub. That way your speakers aren't trying to do something that they are not rated for. I think I might cross them at 60Hz for higher volumes. I'm pretty sure you have a 12dB/octave cross over slope so at 45Hz you'd be @ -6dB. Something somewhere would still be dipping below 38 Hz.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice find, indeed! Congratulations on your new toy. That...and get the girlfriend something nice, like you said. ;)

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Nothing is too good for my girl. So that's what I'm gonna get her, nothing. :D
You're set to become single or worse castrated in your sleep with that attitude.

I will move the speakers back to small. Whoever returned the open box forgot to include the AM loop. I wish they had kept that little FM string instead. No worries. I can get an AM loop for like $10.00 off Craigslist, Ebay or something.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You're set to become single or worse castrated in your sleep with that attitude.

I will move the speakers back to small. Whoever returned the open box forgot to include the AM loop. I wish they had kept that little FM string instead. No worries. I can get an AM loop for like $10.00 off Craigslist, Ebay or something.
AM loop antennas are a dime a dozen. If you want better AM performance you might as well splurge and get a good antenna.:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The lack of smilies makes it tough to get a feel for this statement so I'll state that I was joking. I'm not a religious nut but I will point out that Proverbs says that a good wife is a gift from God. I really should be more careful in picking the things I joke about.

Applying Super Glue on the magnetic shield cans at the driver connection is the cheapest and easiest mod you can do. I'm in the middle of it now. If you're interested, PM me and I'll share the info that I have gathered on it. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis