Florida Audioholics Get Together

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I Would like to think Yvette(and David) for hosting a wonderful gtg. All the accomdations were excellent, along with the gear and all the technical discussion. Dann and the Emotiva guys also did an excellent job on getting some great tech feed back on the gear and some future thoughts. I think most that were there would agree AV123 xls were the bang for the buck speakers, and they were, but it was the emotiva ref big boy that made them sing:D. I was hoping to stay for the final round of tests, but the 160 miles, rain, and a 6 year old were calling me away. As noted, I wish we could have level matched the statas to my mosaics, as i was enjoying the comparrisions even at a +4db difference. If anyone wants a link to download the DTS CDs we were demoing on the 7ch emotiva, speak up and ill drop you a pm.

thanks again

scott

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Scott, Thanks for bring your spealkers. They were eye opening and very transparent. It was very nice to meet all.
engtaz

majorloser

majorloser

I Would like to think Yvette(and David) for hosting a wonderful gtg. All the accomdations were excellent, along with the gear and all the technical discussion. Dann and the Emotiva guys also did an excellent job on getting some great tech feed back on the gear and some future thoughts. I think most that were there would agree AV123 xls were the bang for the buck speakers, and they were, but it was the emotiva ref big boy that made them sing:D. I was hoping to stay for the final round of tests, but the 160 miles, rain, and a 6 year old were calling me away. As noted, I wish we could have level matched the statas to my mosaics, as i was enjoying the comparrisions even at a +4db difference. If anyone wants a link to download the DTS CDs we were demoing on the 7ch emotiva, speak up and ill drop you a pm.

thanks again

scott
Man, I had just had to stop everything I was doing and listen to the Mosaics. I was so busy that day that I didn't have time to stop and listen much. But the ML's were worth putting a hold on what I was doing for a few minutes. Thank you so much for coming and sharing your gear with us. The wife and I were so glad you could make it.

S

scubabob

Enthusiast
Just wanted to add my appreciation to all those involved in making the GTG work. They are always fun.

There were plenty of speaker comparisons to listen in on. With the Decimos being used as a benchmark, the others stacked up pretty well. I was surprised how well the inexpensive AV123 speakers performed considering they cost 1/8(?) as much. My "winner" of the day was Bandphan's ML Mosaics (sorry Jeremy :) ) I've always liked ML, and this was my first listen to one of ML's planar products.

majorloser

majorloser

Gene was so busy using his Sencore test equipment to evaluate the speakers. Unfortunately with all of the heavy use his mike stand broke and he had to use mine. :cool:

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Just wanted to add my appreciation to all those involved in making the GTG work. They are always fun.

There were plenty of speaker comparisons to listen in on. With the Decimos being used as a benchmark, the others stacked up pretty well. I was surprised how well the inexpensive AV123 speakers performed considering they cost 1/8(?) as much. My "winner" of the day was Bandphan's ML Mosaics (sorry Jeremy :) ) I've always liked ML, and this was my first listen to one of ML's planar products.
I still can't believe I had Krell in my house! Thank you Scubabob for bringing and hooking up your equipment. :D

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
My "winner" of the day was Bandphan's ML Mosaics (sorry Jeremy :) ) I've always liked ML, and this was my first listen to one of ML's planar products.
I would have to agree. The Mini were great but the Mosaics just blew me away.
The Decimos (fantastic speakers) were the reference speakers for the bookshelf comparisons. Emotiva speaker, amps and owner were great. What was funny was in the bookshelf speakers they all sounded very good but I will says that at price point they were all well worth it.

engtaz

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Thank you all for coming to our GTG. It was that much more of a special occasion, because you were there (great bunch of guys). I know for some it was a long trek, your joyous presence was truly appreciated. I really had a blast! :)

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
:)

Ha!

The Phares are just good people, period. Not a complicated thing.

Y....

Got something pink and pretty coming for you, I promise...

Dann the man...

We miss you already. Did you get some sleep? :p

I knew you would pull through... I will look for it in the mail :D

dann g.

dann g.

Enthusiast
Dann the man...

We miss you already. Did you get some sleep? :p

I knew you would pull through... I will look for it in the mail :D
Sleep? Not me...ha. Nick, yes. I got home wound up, exhausted and wide awake...

Hey look! A bottle of Crown!

hey...got a gig booked on Sept. 6, and Nick is my guitarist...gonna make some glorious noise.

Jeans or kilt?

Shopping for the right Emo wear for you...

dann g.

dann g.

Enthusiast
missin' good people

Miss you as well...come to music city soon.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
so any of the AH guys in these many pics? (just want a face to the names) :)

of course Gene is everywhere in those pics ...

dann g.

dann g.

Enthusiast
so any of the AH guys in these many pics? (just want a face to the names) :)

of course Gene is everywhere in those pics ...
Sure...but I'm not sure how many people want their ID's on the internet...so, I hesitate...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis