I'm sure glad to see that race doesn't play any part in this election

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
It's called the fairness doctrine.....:rolleyes:.....wait that would mean it needs to be fair, which is what persons of certain political persuasions seem to make such a fuss about:confused: I shouldn't even get started!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It's called the fairness doctrine.....:rolleyes:.....wait that would mean it needs to be fair, which is what persons of certain political persuasions seem to make such a fuss about:confused: I shouldn't even get started!
That hasn't been around for a while; due to how unfair it really was.
In 1984 the Supreme Court decided that the so called 'Fairness Doctrine' was limiting the breadth of public debate.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
That hasn't been around for a while; due to how unfair it really was.
In 1984 the Supreme Court decided that the so called 'Fairness Doctrine' was limiting the breadth of public debate.
I agree, I was mainly poking fun at all of the people that are calling for the fairness doctrine to be reestablished. I just don't understand how anyone can think that the government involving themselves in public debate can be good in any way.

Senior Audioholic
I don't think any type of "fairness doctrine" would apply here.

TV One, a cable network... is geared toward African-Americans

This is a subscription only network, not a free broadcast network on the public airwaves. Many of the FCC rules that apply to broadcast networks do not apply to networks that are subscription only. (only available on cable and satellite)

Forcing TV One to carry the Republican convention would be like forcing the Golf channel to carry NASCAR.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I don't think any type of "fairness doctrine" would apply here.

TV One, a cable network... is geared toward African-Americans

This is a subscription only network, not a free broadcast network on the public airwaves. Many of the FCC rules that apply to broadcast networks do not apply to networks that are subscription only. (only available on cable and satellite)

Forcing TV One to carry the Republican convention would be like forcing the Golf channel to carry NASCAR.
I agree, my response was completely tongue in cheek.

I just found it ironic that they are supporting a democrat, and democrats are usually the ones that are calling for the reinstatement of the fairness doctrine.

I have no problem with what they are doing, and like I said before, I don't the government should have any say in the matter.

I would like to believe that the American people are able to research and form their own decisions regarding something as important as electing the leader of our nation.

With the internet, blogs, and other forms of "alternative media" available today, people don't have to rely on traditional media outlets to learn and gather information regarding political decisions.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
More importantly- who actually watches the conventions anymore?? As a quasi-political junkie, even I don't enjoy watching the things because they are so ridiculously scripted, down to who sits where and when you can blow your nose. Even the networks don't want to cover the activities anymore b/c it's a huge money-loser for advertisers. The only events they really show are the keynote speaker and the nomination speech/acceptance.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I don't mean to put words in Mark's mouth.:)
Though I think his point is getting lost.
Just because it's a different flavor of racism; it is still racism non-the-less.
This would be a front page story, and the lead story on the six o'clock news, If you changed the words "Black" and "African-American" to "White."
Someone would've apologized by now, and would be summarily fired, if they were White.

For example, If the "White Sports Network" ignored Tiger Woods because he was black.
It's the same thing as in Marks story, the CEO said "if Hillary was the nominee we would not be covering it."

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Even if you bring back the "Fairness Doc" it would only serve to waste broadcast time, Air America cant get their own family members to listen, nothing is going to change that no matter how much time you give them.
As if NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, MTV, BET, BRAVO, IFC, SUNDANCE, HDNET, and all the others arent enough media time? The reason nobody listens to the left on radio and why its way behind in TV ratings is because it is far to often angry, paranoid, immature and negative.........people just dont want to walk away from time spent to feel bad about life. The left may win the big peize this year but its always because the right screws up, out of 10 elections the left took 3 then they remind us of why we dont want them in power and it turns back to the right..........I promise it will continue to be this way.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Even if you bring back the "Fairness Doc" it would only serve to waste broadcast time, Air America cant get their own family members to listen, nothing is going to change that no matter how much time you give them.
As if NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, MTV, BET, BRAVO, IFC, SUNDANCE, HDNET, and all the others arent enough media time? The reason nobody listens to the left on radio and why its way behind in TV ratings is because it is far to often angry, paranoid, immature and negative.........people just dont want to walk away from time spent to feel bad about life. The left may win the big peize this year but its always because the right screws up, out of 10 elections the left took 3 then they remind us of why we dont want them in power and it turns back to the right..........I promise it will continue to be this way.
You didn't read the link, did you?

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Nope, but I was just adding my thoughts.:) (still smilin' even on probation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis