Sony pulls v2.40 firmware

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
lol guess I'm glad I got mine before it was pulled, I had no issues. I wonder when they re-release it, if I can re-update to the new and improved 2.40

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
when was it released? i updated a few weeks ago during my vacation ...

they said they pulled it because it bricked some consoles.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
lol guess I'm glad I got mine before it was pulled, I had no issues. I wonder when they re-release it, if I can re-update to the new and improved 2.40
I have heard other people got their update as well. How is the xmb by the way:). What other features did you get with the update. I am very dissapointed about the lack of full support for all games for the trophy system. It looks like even when this update will get repatched that only certain games will have the trophy system:mad:. These features should have been in development for the past year but it seems Sony has rushed this considering the glitches and the half assed job on the trophy system. Well at least there is xmb for a few of you right now:D. Give us some details on this:D. Is your update fully functional?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I got mine yesterday. I tried playing music from my HD while playing MGS 4 and it wouldn't let me. I don't know if that's just something with MGS.

I also hear that the IR2BT converter got hosed by the 2.40 update. For some reason, you have to turn the PS 3 on with a controller or on the front of the unit. If you turn it on from the IR remote, it won't accept any commands. :rolleyes:

Thanks again Sony.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I got mine yesterday. I tried playing music from my HD while playing MGS 4 and it wouldn't let me. I don't know if that's just something with MGS.

I also hear that the IR2BT converter got hosed by the 2.40 update. For some reason, you have to turn the PS 3 on with a controller or on the front of the unit. If you turn it on from the IR remote, it won't accept any commands. :rolleyes:

Thanks again Sony.
The ability to play user's own music in-game should have been included in this patch. However this feature is dependant on game developers who must enable the feature in their games, or update existing games in the form of updates/patches. Try some different games and let us know if any games work.

ScottWChicago

ScottWChicago

Audioholic Intern
I updated mine yesterday and all is well. it is the 80GB MGS4 version. Not sure about how well it works and I am new to the whole system. I have been downloading songs for Rock Band. Can't wait for the Who's song pack!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't really play games on my PS3 so I can't comment on the in game XMB. Hopefully when they re-release the firmware, it will be 2.41 or something so I can have a better version of it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I installed it this morning. Trophy icon popped up on the game section of the XMB.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
How many games have the trophy system support with this update?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How many games have the trophy system support with this update?
I think these are the ones currently confirmed, with more coming soon:

· BUZZ!™ Quiz TV

· LittleBigPlanet™

· MotorStorm™ Pacific Rift

· NBA 09 - PS3

· PAIN**

· PixelJunk™ Eden

· Resistance 2™

· SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

· Warhawk™**

Last edited:
newsletter