People scheming for a free gallon of gasoline

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Lets see, Intentally run out of gas and sit there waiting for a truck to show up just for 4 bucks in gas.

Wow, way to stick it to the man!!!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Lets see, Intentally run out of gas and sit there waiting for a truck to show up just for 4 bucks in gas.

Wow, way to stick it to the man!!!
I know what idiots. I also saw this on CNN, so there must be a lot of people doing this:confused::confused:. It really does not make any sense:confused:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
isn't this a dumb idea? last time i checked you should avoid emptying your gas tank because all the "dirt" in the fuel have sedimented at the bottom of the tank will get stuck in your fuel filter.

i've had my car shut down while driving 80kph because the fuel filter got choked. believe me, that wasn't going to be fun if there were cars behind me.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
isn't this a dumb idea? last time i checked you should avoid emptying your gas tank because all the "dirt" in the fuel have sedimented at the bottom of the tank will get stuck in your fuel filter.

i've had my car shut down while driving 80kph because the fuel filter got choked. believe me, that wasn't going to be fun if there were cars behind me.
Yes you are right, optimally you do not want to let your gas go less than a 1/4 of a tank. Once it reaches that point, time to fill er` up!

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Then theres the people who dont fill their tank completely...Which makes no sense at all.

Gas prices arent going down. They only go up. I fill my tank up everytime I drive by where I get my gas if i need it or not and I fill it all the way. I certainly dont just put enough to get me by hoping it will go down one day. :rolleyes:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Just don't "top off" that tank. It makes know sense to pay for gas you're probably giving back to the station!

EPA site

-pat

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just don't "top off" that tank. It makes know sense to pay for gas you're probably giving back to the station!

EPA site

-pat
Well, I kind of disagree with that EPA suggestion. When the pump cuts off the first time, your tank is not full to the rim. It turns off by back pressure or something as I can trickle in a bunch before it shows at the neck.
And the diesel I have, I can trickle in 2.5 more gallons, that is a good 100mi range for me.:D

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I kind of disagree with that EPA suggestion. When the pump cuts off the first time, your tank is not full to the rim. It turns off by back pressure or something as I can trickle in a bunch before it shows at the neck.
That's true but it is sometimes hard to gauge how much more you could pump without overflowing. All I do is 'round up'. If the total is say 34.37, I'll pull the trigger a few more times to get to 34.50.

I'm sure there is some truth to the idea that letting your tank run very low adds to sediment buildup but the real reason not to do it is peace of mind that you won't get stranded. I love the people that will drive with the fuel light on but say 'that means I have two gallons left and I get 18 miles per gallon, so I'll be fine'.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's true but it is sometimes hard to gauge how much more you could pump without overflowing.

very true. But it certainly makes for a good laugh when your waiting in line to get gas. Of course then they make a big scene about an ounce of gas spilled on the ground like its going to go off like a nuclear bomb, Which then makes you wait even longer.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I have to admit I'm not surprised by the article - people (in general) have consistently done things to defy logic and reason under even less troubling conditions as rising fuel prices. Those people are morons - they don't even know how to properly abuse the system...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis