Boulder 1021 CD Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Apparently someone forgot to tell the high-end crowd that the CD isn't the pinnacle of all that is good and wonderful in audio. Instead of capitalizing on advanced features like hard-disc media storage and cataloging your entire CD collection in high resolution lossless format, Boulder Amplifiers has gone with an uber-expensive single-disc CD player. The new 1021 Disc Player from Boulder Amplifiers is going to make a lot of people exclaim "you paid HOW MUCH for that?!?"

Discuss "Boulder 1021 CD Player" here. Read the article.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I wonder what kind of cables they recommend for this player :eek:

J

jamie2112

Banned
I wonder what kind of cables they recommend for this player :eek:
Well they are solid gold. They also have a new technology that they float and cannot be seen by the naked eye.They come in 4 colors although that doesn't matter because you can't see them. These are the best cables you can buy they only cost 20,000 dollars and they are environment friendly to any mansion or castle as they don't spoil any of your views, cause you can't see um. Buy our cd player and our cables they come with an additional warrenty that you can buy for 18,000 dollars that includes us coming to your house and cleaning you cables:D:D:D

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I wish I had enough money to buy one.

If I did, I'd use the money to buy a 60inch plasma TV for every room in my house. And a really nice dinner. In Paris.

TRT

TRT

Junior Audioholic
I'd have to see the power cord first. These guy's might be trying to pull a fast one and slip us a cheapy!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
That thing has way too many buttons on the front to be considered audiophile. And the EMF off that LCD has GOT to be screwing with the soundstage or texture or or chocolaty or something. No way. Maybe for 12k but 24 is just outrageous. :D

I think the presence of the LCD display, as much as anything else, is what drove me to be so skeptical about the product. That flies in the face of everything "audiophile" I know.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The new 1021 Disc Player from Boulder Amplifiers is going to make a lot of people exclaim "you paid HOW MUCH for that?!?"
But not the hi end guys:D They will jump on it:D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Why is anyone surprised? Surely, there must be a more expensive CD player than that, isn't there? From a quick search, I found one that is much, much more:

http://blog.stereophile.com/stephenmejias/103106poor/

You could almost buy two of the cheappie Boulder 1021 CD Players for the price of one of those. Really, those of you who were surprised about a $24,000 CD player have a lot to learn about high end audio.

And here is another cheapie CD player, only slightly more (if one includes the optional power supply) than the Boulder 1021 CD Player:

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/207naim/

Edited to add:

From a bit more searching, I found a player that is even more than that so-called most expensive $43,000 Zanden CD player; behold, the Burmester 069 at Euro 68,000:

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/hk07/07.html

At this moment, 68,000.00 EUR = 105,672.11 USD, according to:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

And you people were surprised by a mere $24,000 CD player! Really, you guys don't know what the high end is all about!

Other sites, though, seem to say that the Burmester 069 is only $50,000. Still, $24,000 is cheap in comparison. And, anyway, I am sure you can get someone to provide some modifications ("mods" to those in the know;)) that will make up the difference in price. Who wants to be stuck with "stock" sound, when one can always pay for a custom upgrade?

Last edited:
A

AVTguy

Audioholic Intern
I know it's not a disc player, but can't you get an Anthem Statement D-2 Pre/Pro for around a 1/4 the price of this thing, and get nearly the same results, but out of everything you hook up to it?

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I'll be happy to supply some appropriate connecting wire, including enough for your turntable, CD player, and speaker wire (up to 15' per speaker, for two speakers; other connecting wires, up to 6' — please specify required lengths when ordering), all for the special introductory price of only $157,000 (not including shipping and handling). And, I will include a money back guarantee, if not completely satisfied. I will give you every penny of the $157,000 back if you are not completely satisfied, and don't agree that it is the very best sounding wire you have ever heard in your life. Just return it within 30 days, in like new condition, with all original packing materials and instruction manuals, prepaid and insured, and I will refund the full $157,000 purchase price.

Just send me a U.S. Postal Money order for $212,000 (price includes shipping to any address in the continental U.S. to which UPS delivers; price higher for other locations). Be sure to specify the models of equipment you are using, so that I will customize the wire for your particular equipment combination. Please note, the customization process takes time, so do not expect immediate delivery. Send me a PM if interested.

Special introductory offer price ends June 30, 2008, with the price then going up to full retail price of $489,000 (plus shipping and handling), so act now!

T

Tunkika

Audiophyte
Well, Boulder takes it over the top. But 1021 is not just a CD player, it was one of the first high-resolution players capable of playing 192 kHz sampling music from it's built-in DVD drive. But expensive it is.

Someone also mentioned Burmester. Another company that takes it over the top. Just like Audionet. I'd rather have a Spectral or Pass amplifier than a Burmester one. But there's no way I could justify spending so much sp for me, Bryston equipment is as good as it gets.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis