From GT5 to real life...

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Now THIS is living!!

GT Academy to kick off on June 2
Posted on May 27th, 2008 at 11:57 EDT

Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that GT Academy is scheduled to go live in Gran Turismo 5: Prologue on June 2, affording European gamers the chance to drive an authentic Nissan 350Z at the 24 Hour endurance event in Dubai in January 2009.

The first stage in a seven-week tournament, gamers will be required to submit their PSN ID to www.gtacademy.eu, granting you access to the GT Academy Time Trial in Prologue. Your objective is simple: set the fastest time around the Eiger Nordwand in a Nissan Fairlady 350Z.

Stage two of the competition begins in July, where the top 20 fastest gamers will be called to compete against each other in GT5: Prologue in a national final. From here, the three fastest from each final will advance to the GT Academy at Silverstone on August 25.

Here, finalists will hop inside a real Nissan GT-R, where their driving, physical and mental skills will be scrutinized and put to the test. The two fastest racers will then be submitted into a four-month training programme in order to claim their racing licence, allowing them to compete in Dubai in January 2009.

"This is a very exciting day for Gran Turismo. The Gran Turismo story started 10 years ago with the ambition to make a racing game that gives players the ultimate driving simulation experience. The GT Academy is the ultimate realisation of this ambition taking the Gran Turismo experience to the next level,” commented Polyphony Digital’s Kazunori Yamauch.
:D:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
F*******CCCCCCKKKK!!!! I need a PS3, right meow!

SheepStar

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
How hard is it to pass the test for a racing license. I imagine it is much harder than what it sounds. I would not be surprised if one (both) of these people do not pass.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I splice quotes from movies and TV shows into my every day dialog. Now eat this Tomato *******!

SheepStar

D

dragonslayer786

Audiophyte
The old ones on PS2 were pretty cool. I wish I had a PS3. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis