PB13-Ultra, Baby!!!!!!

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, literally minutes ago, I placed my order on the Ultra everyone!!!! I just had to post something here to show my excitement. I've been holding on for far too long and finally pulled the trigger. Thank you federal government for helping me realize my dream!! The stimulus check definitely helped out here. :D I've literally tossed and turned over this decision, and after extensive research, finally decided to just go for the Ultra. I know there are other products (not many) that can compete with this sub, but after looking at performance, size, cosmetics, and built quality, I finally realized that the Ultra was for me. Anyway, thanks everyone who helped me make this decision. I can't wait for it to arrive. I'll have to post a review when it finally does, but for now, I just wanted to at least post something to let everyone know. I've been living in a "sub-less" world for far to long. :( But the future is looking bright and I believe the wait was worth it. My savor is on the way. So hear I stand, alone, but not long. I'm waiting for you, Ultra. Please come quickly!!!! :eek:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Excellent !!!! Congrats....

What finish did you end up going with buddy....

I'm sure that you will love that sub.... it certainly will be a great addition to your system :)

They have fast shipping, if it come from BAX, you should probably see it by thursday or friday...

Soundman

Soundman

Excellent !!!! Congrats....

What finish did you end up going with buddy....

I'm sure that you will love that sub.... it certainly will be a great addition to your system :)

They have fast shipping, if it come from BAX, you should probably see it by thursday or friday...
Thanks Warp! I went with the Piano finish since it will match the piano gloss end caps on my Rockets. I almost went with the Rosenut, but after seeing the samples that SVS sent me, I realized that it does not match the Rosewood finish of the Rockets. It's close, but it's still different. I just felt the piano finish well match better in the room. :)

Soundman

Soundman

ooooooh! Something I thought of. Which grill will it come with? Anyone know? I know you can choose traditional cloth or go with the metal grill, but I don't remember seeing this option when I ordered. I kinda like the metal grill.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Excellent choics and congrats to you!!!!!!! This is the sub that I have been wanting for some time now. Been trying to put some money back to save up for one. Kudos to you. Be sure to post some pics when you get it. Perhaps post some of your intial impressions would be of great help. Have a great and safe holiday weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Just toss out an email, and they will give you whichever you like...

Both are cool, but obviously different looking... I would personally go with fabric, but its your house and your sub... :)

Soundman

Soundman

Excellent choics and congrats to you!!!!!!! This is the sub that I have been wanting for some time now. Been trying to put some money back to save up for one. Kudos to you. Be sure to post some pics when you get it. Perhaps post some of your intial impressions would be of great help. Have a great and safe holiday weekend.

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil!
I'll be taking some pics once it comes in. I'll try to post them real soon!! :)

Soundman

Soundman

Just toss out an email, and they will give you whichever you like...

Both are cool, but obviously different looking... I would personally go with fabric, but its your house and your sub... :)
Oh, really? Well, I guess it's hard to tell from the pics on the website how the grill will look once it arrives. Maybe cloth is a safer bet. I'm really not sure now. :confused:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Another way to do it is just pay for the second one, and send back the one you don't like and they will credit you... SVS is extremely accommodating...

Soundman

Soundman

Another way to do it is just pay for the second one, and send back the one you don't like and they will credit you... SVS is extremely accommodating...
ok, sounds like a plan. I'll send them an email and see what they say. Thanks. :)

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I just got my PB13-Ultra a few weeks ago in Piano Black with the metal grill. Its an awesome sub, and thats after I've owned several subs, including the hard hitting Hsu Research VTF-3 HO Turbo.

I like the metal grill, and I'll try and post some pics...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Found these on a quick search of the Ultra13 thread over at AVS

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

At 155 pounds shipping ain't no joke.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhhh I was talking about just sending the grill back....

J

jamie2112

Banned
Congrates there soundman that is going to rock your house........I'm a soundman as well for my job. I am sick of touring though 17 years and counting....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
At 155 pounds shipping ain't no joke.
I think that he was talking about ordering just another grill. :)

EDIT: I took so long to read the thread that Warp answered already. Oops.

EDIT 2: I forgot to say CONGRATS! to Soundman. That sub is going to make you very happy, I think.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i don't see the cloth option on the svs site now ... maybe the metal grill is default unless you really want the cloth grill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis