Hobson's choice (aka the Devil's bargain)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
My new girlfriend wants to be with me (in every sense of that phrase) on Saturday. Yesterday (Wednesday) she started taking antibiotics for a throat infection, so it is likely that she will be catching. She is about to go on a mandatory trip, so if it is not Saturday, I will not see her for a month.
What would you guys do in this situation?
(Personally, I am inclined to go for it and, if I get sick, accept that as a price well worth paying.:cool:)

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
I think you just answered your own question :) There are worse things than being sick for a few days.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
at first i was thinking ... what's this got to do with her throat ... unless ...

right, i must have missed the part in between "being stood up" and "the new girlfriend" ... go for it! (i mean, it is a month ... that's a long time)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
My new girlfriend wants to be with me (in every sense of that phrase)
You said you weren't going to give us details.:D:D:D

But seriously, see her whenever you can...period. If things work out, the phrase is "in sickness and in health". Consider this practice.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
right, i must have missed the part in between "being stood up" and "the new girlfriend" ... go for it! (i mean, it is a month ... that's a long time)
I mentioned a little about it near the end of the "stood up" thread, before it went off on nasty tangents and got closed.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Just show up to her door like this and you'll be fine... :D

I'm sure she wouldn't be offended. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
OK. I just sent her an email to the effect of "If I get sick, so be it, you are worth it.", and am now waitng for her response (may be a long wait, she doesn't check email all that often.)
My biggest concern now is that she will simply feel too awful to go through with it.:(

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
My biggest concern now is that she will simply feel too awful to go through with it.:(
Edit: Reconsidered my comment here. Man, it was funny though even if a little cruel. I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Edit: Reconsidered my comment here. Man, it was funny though even if a little cruel. I hope it works out for you.
Yeah, yeah. I am aware of the sort of comment that left me open for, but not sure of a better way to say what I meant. (At this point, the cynical/paranoid part of me has not ruled out the possibility that she is just sadistically playing me. That is one of the reasons I can't wait a month: I have to know for sure sooner than that!)
Thanks for the kind wishes.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, yeah. I am aware of the sort of comment that left me open for, but not sure of a better way to say what I meant. (At this point, the cynical/paranoid part of me has not ruled out the possibility that she is just sadistically playing me. That is one of the reasons I can't wait a month: I have to know for sure sooner than that!)
Thanks for the kind wishes.
Joe, maybe you should try to just relax a little. That kind of thinking could scare a lady away if you're not careful, and I'm sure you don't want that to happen. There are two possibilities for you with this woman either a.) It will work out, or b.) It will not work out, and it all depends on the chemistry, companionship, and comfort level you feel with each other. ;)

Sounds like you've got a decent thing going so far, don't spoil it by introducing crazy thoughts. :)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Joe, maybe you should try to just relax a little. That kind of thinking could scare a lady away if you're not careful, and I'm sure you don't want that to happen. There are two possibilities for you with this woman either a.) It will work out, or b.) It will not work out, and it all depends on the chemistry, companionship, and comfort level you feel with each other. ;)

Sounds like you've got a decent thing going so far, don't spoil it by introducing crazy thoughts. :)
I did specify that it was the cynical/paranoid part of me having these thoughts.:p It is mostly the timing (Our first time together all day after having her tell me she is ready for anything, on the last weekend before she goes out of town for a month, and this is when she gets sick? Can you blame me for suspecting a possible cop-out?)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I got her reply. My offer has been appreciatively accepted.:cool:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Congratulations Joe.
Thank you. I am taking Friday off to be with her again before her trip, and it is showing signs of becoming a serious, long-term relationship.:cool:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you. I am taking Friday off to be with her again before her trip, and it is showing signs of becoming a serious, long-term relationship.:cool:
That's great to hear. Make Friday a great day for the both of you.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Good to hear Joe! All that worrying for nothing... :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis