A compressed version of rock

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, you and I are so similar it is scary! Maybe it's because I grew up in FL - 1969 to 1996 when I moved to TX.

My brother in law (yet another '80s reject with an encyclopedic knowledge of the greatest two decades for music IMO - the '70s and '80s) mentioned that song but couldn't remember the artist. I didn't remember it but as it turned out it is on one of my Super Hits of the '70s CDs. The band is called Reunion and it is a kick azz song. That kind of 'rap' I don't mind at all. Incidentally another obscure '80s band called King Kobra does a really cool 'rap' like song called Home Street Home - now if real rap had stayed along those lines I might not be such a critic of the genre.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, you and I are so similar it is scary! Maybe it's because I grew up in FL - 1969 to 1996 when I moved to TX.

My brother in law (yet another '80s reject with an encyclopedic knowledge of the greatest two decades for music IMO - the '70s and '80s) mentioned that song but couldn't remember the artist. I didn't remember it but as it turned out it is on one of my Super Hits of the '70s CDs. The band is called Reunion and it is a kick azz song. That kind of 'rap' I don't mind at all. Incidentally another obscure '80s band called King Kobra does a really cool 'rap' like song called Home Street Home - now if real rap had stayed along those lines I might not be such a critic of the genre.
Everytime I think of this song, Wings' "Junior's Farm" automatically clicks, there's another forgotten gem.:) Long live the 70's/80s!:D

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
If you really want a blast from the past try obscure 70's hard rock band Sir Lord Baltimore, Kingdom Come. They were a pioneer heavy metal band who had one song with a harpsicord and a couple of others about Jesus. Their sound still holds up 35 years later, and in context they were ahead of their time.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

Would you consider this song rap? Huh.......could it be the first "rap" song ever? By a white guy?!!!! Oh if that doesn't beat all!! LOL!!!:D:D:D Wow that is amazing! I remember being in junior high (middle school today) and listening to that song while getting dressed for school.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis