S

sarod@comcast.n

Audiophyte
My 707 is always showing PCM insted od Digital can someone tell me how to reset. I did it before but forgot how to do it ?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Just a guess, but it sounds like you're talking about the DVD or BD/HD DVD input?
If so, the problem is not with the receiver.

Set the output on your player to Bitstream.

S

sarod@comcast.n

Audiophyte
on the SR-705 there is a way to reset this and I forgot how to do this because I had this problem before.With the set up, everything is set upfor bitstream on the player.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
on the SR-705 there is a way to reset this and I forgot how to do this because I had this problem before.With the set up, everything is set upfor bitstream on the player.
Reset what? What do you mean by 'the receiver is showing PCM instead of bitstream'?

If you are using a dvd player and it is set to output bitstream then the input on the receiver must be assigned to whatever digital input you connected to and the format must be set to Auto. Auto is the default so you shouldn't have to change it. You press the digital input button on the front of the receiver until it shows 'opt1' or whatever input you used.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What trouble are you having? If the player in is sending bit stream data, then the digital PCM decoder in the receiver will decode it, as long as you have the input port correctly assigned.

C

chuckclymer

Audiophyte
Onkyo TX-SR 705 Settings

Can someone tell me how to reset my receiver to it's original factory settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Can someone tell me how to reset my receiver to it's original factory settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
What trouble are you having? You should not have to do a reset for the problems you reported before. That should be a last resort. I don't have one of those units, but everything you need should be in the user manual.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The answer to how to reset the receiver to factory defaults is on the last page of the manual.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis