My new daily driver........

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
There has been a lot of talk about cars lately, so I thought I'd post a pic of my new daily driver....

It isn't anything fancy, but it's pretty damn fun to drive just the same. The 2008 Impala SS has more HP than anything I've owned previously.... it has serious BALLZ..!!

HEH...this is a fairly radical departure compared to the cars I normally choose for work/family cars.
(to get me from point "A to B") The exhaust has an excellent throaty V8 rumble too.....

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice!
Hey Buckeye, could you clean up the garage a little?:D

B

Buckeye_Nut

Thanks rickster...

...and yes, I know... I have dirt/salt/crud seriously caked on the floor. You definitely don't want to walk in my garage in socks or on your bare feet.;)

I have yet to do any spring cleaning yet. c'mon....it snowed as recently as 2 weeks ago!! Give a guy a break!! Give me some time for a little spring weather, and I'll hose it out.....

HEH
:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A big V8 (is it a V8?) with those crappy all season tires? :p looks nice, congrats!

B

Buckeye_Nut

Thanks J,

...and yep....

The SS has a V8 with 303HP...

...and yes, those crappy 18" Goodyear "all weather tires" are W rated to 168MPH:eek:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
...and yes, those crappy Goodyear "all weather tires" are W rated to 168MPH:eek:
W rating doesn't always go hand in hand with "able to put the power down and keep you stuck to the road" :p Just needs some summer tires...in the summer :) Sorry, I am just not an All Weather tire kind of guy, but then I don't live where there is snow or salt either.

Another Q, motor is transverse, so does that mean this is FWD? Sorry, not familiar with the newer Implalas; though I am pretty sure the last one or two were FWD.

Looks like a bit of a sleeper if you ask me...all those unsuspecting drivers who don't know it has a V8 until it pulls away :D

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks rickster...

...and yes, I know... I have dirt/salt/crud seriously caked on the floor. You definitely don't want to walk in my garage in socks or on your bare feet.;)

I have yet to do any spring cleaning yet. c'mon....it snowed as recently as 2 weeks ago!! Give a guy a break!! Give me some time for a little spring weather, and I'll hose it out.....

HEH
:D
My garage was that clean before I met my wife.
My motorcycle on one side, my car on the other side.
Now...not so much.
Good Luck with the new car.
Rick

B

Buckeye_Nut

My garage was that clean before I met my wife.
My motorcycle on one side, my car on the other side.
Now...not so much.
Good Luck with the new car.
Rick
Aaaaah....you were kidding.

I have a 3 car garage and all the junk is stored in the 3rd bay that is not seen in the photo.

:p

thanks...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Aaaaah....you were kidding.

I have a 3 car garage and all the junk is stored in the 3rd bay that is not seen in the photo.

:p

thanks...
I never heard about a 3 car garage, but I live in a country where we don't have 3 cars :cool:

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Hard to believe the cost on those puppies these days. Hope you opted for the Bose sound system at the nominal increased cost ;)

Mort

B

Buckeye_Nut

Another Q, motor is transverse, so does that mean this is FWD? Sorry, not familiar with the newer Implalas; though I am pretty sure the last one or two were FWD.

Looks like a bit of a sleeper if you ask me...all those unsuspecting drivers who don't know it has a V8 until it pulls away :D
Yea....the engine is mounted sideways like you see with V6 engines, it is FWD (you'd be crazy not to have FWD where I live)....and yes..... the car absolutely hauls @ss.....:D

I still giggle like a school girl every time I punch it......

B

Buckeye_Nut

Hard to believe the cost on those puppies these days. Hope you opted for the Bose sound system at the nominal increased cost ;)

Mort
LOL...sadly, it did come with the 'so called' upgrade....a Bose sound system:eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I want a garage like that. I have about a month to clean out my mess and pretty it up before my new car shows up. I can't win against you guys in the HT department, but I'll put up a good fight in the garage department.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis