What's your weather like?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
As you know lake Wobegon is fictitious. However there are 10,000 or so Lake Wobegons in Minnesota Lakes country. Lake Benedict is part of the Leech Lake system. The Benedict river leads right into Leech lake. We have about 380 miles of shoreline to explore. At the moment it's all covered with about three and half feet of ice. Grumpy Old Men was filmed on Walker Bay Leech Lake, about a 20 min boat run from my place.

I will let you know when the ice goes off. Last year it was April 23. This year the lake froze hard shore to shore November 30.
Just a shot at Garrison Keillor.:D;) Still, beautifull country up there, nothing like the vast "flatness" of South Florida, our hills are comprised of railroad crossings and highway entry ramps.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just a shot at Garrison Keillor.:D;) Still, beautifull country up there, nothing like the vast "flatness" of South Florida, our hills are comprised of railroad crossings and highway entry ramps.
You haven't seem flat until you have been in the Red river Valley of Eastern ND, Western Minnesota and Southern Manitoba. I lived in the Red River Valley for over 30 years and we still have a town home in Grand Forks ND.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I will let you know when the ice goes off. Last year it was April 23. This year the lake froze hard shore to shore November 30.
Let the Global Warming alarmists put that in their respective pipes and smoke it. :D

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Anyone from Missouri? Those floods look terrible. I hope all our midwest members are doing OK.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sunny with cloudy patches today.

Supposedly rain by Sunday.

SheepStar

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I just finished a day skiing on six inches of fresh powder (on a 150" base)near Lake Tahoe, 50 degrees, blue skies. Driving back through the Sierra foothills, it looks like a scene from Sound of Music, wildflowers in full bloom! Sorry...was that gloating?:cool:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone from Missouri? Those floods look terrible. I hope all our midwest members are doing OK.
Ditto on that one, certainly. Looks pretty bad up that way. Best wishes to anyone in the area - although if you are affected by the floods I doubt you're doodling around on AH right now, as you have more serious issues to contend with. ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Ditto on that one, certainly. Looks pretty bad up that way. Best wishes to anyone in the area - although if you are affected by the floods I doubt you're doodling around on AH right now, as you have more serious issues to contend with. ;)
Ditto for me,

I went through two floods in Grand Forks. One in 1979 and only just got my gear out of the basement as the flood waters rose. Again we had the huge flood of 1997, when the whole of Grand Forks ND and East Grand Forks MN had to be evacuated. Downtown Grand Forks caught fire when covered with 5 ft of water. Prior to Katrina that was the largest evacuation in US history.

In the 1997 flood I was looking after patients from our ICU's in an aircraft hanger at Grand Forks Air base, as the military geared up to fly them to Bismarck, Minneapolis and Rochester. It was surreal. The town had no water, and we had to put a huge ring dike round our medical center, and dig up the parking lots to do it.

So I wish good luck and clear skies to all!

Floods are most unpleasant!

Here in Benedict it is snowing, we had a good snowfall over night. The grandchildren have just made a big snowman in front of the lake. I will post pictures later. Very little of our winter snows have melted so far.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis