Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I don't get it Joe. Why don't women want you? You seem like such a babe magnet and exhibit only the best attributes that all of the best women are attracted to. Women are at a huge loss without all of the above "stuff," let alone from a self-proclaimed "Omega Man." :p:D;)
Much better to simply accept how I am than to gripe about not having a date, I think. Next time I get to feeling lonely, I just need to remind myself that it is by choice.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Damn poignant Halon! I was alluding to that very fact for whoa, these last couple of pages. What was that you wrote to me the other day?..."slapped like a stepchild"? :p Whenever I cut to the chase like that, I get slammed. :mad::p And so now I've taken the more gentile approach...only to be ignored. :eek: Maybe I'll get more...direct...again. :p
Tact, my friend, tact. :p I think we've all danced around the real issue long enough on this thread - time to put the kibosh on the charade and get down to the meat and bones of Joe's ordeal. I think he took it as it was meant, non-offensively. ;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Much better to simply accept how I am than to gripe about not having a date, I think. Next time I get to feeling lonely, I just need to remind myself that it is by choice.
Well, you can't lock yourself in a cage and expect to get the rewards of the hunt, that's for sure. Anytime you invite someone into your life, whether it is serious or not, you also invite some compromise, whether it too - is serious or not. You have to be able to give some in order to get some, ya dig what I'm saying? :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Tact, my friend, tact. :p I think we've all danced around the real issue long enough on this thread - time to put the kibosh on the charade and get down to the meat and bones of Joe's ordeal. I think he took it as it was meant, non-offensively. ;)
Ohhhhhh. So when I do it, it's meant offensively, and when you do it, it's either helpful or meant in jest and good humor. I get it. Thanks. :p;)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Perhaps. But unless you're a rock, you can change. Oh. Wait a minute. Rocks change too!!! :p And change can be good. And sometimes necessary. Change is inevitable.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Ohhhhhh. So when I do it, it's meant offensively, and when you do it, it's either helpful or meant in jest and good humor. I get it. Thanks. :p;)
Hey, tact is a trait often under-utilized even by myself. Once in a great while I'll manage to pull some out and deploy it. :D

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Before the bookstore gal, I had gone years without a date and didn't really miss it. (Mind you, I miss sex, but not a serious relationship.)...Almost all of the activities I enjoy are inherently solitary, marriage and/or fatherhood have never been options...Even the logistics of dating (where, when, getting there, getting back, etc.) seem like too much effort these days. My best bet at this point may be to shift my focus to trying to get laid occasionally, and leave it at that...
I don't get it Joe. Why don't women want you?
If I interpret the above correctly, Joe is interested in a date only a means to have sex (doesn't miss not dating, doesn't miss not having a serious relationship, doesn't wish to get married/father children). For me reading this, it's no wonder the vast majority of women turn away; these are things the majority of women (and men) wish for.

Joe, why not just head to your nearest prostitute? After all, it gets around all of the above, in addition to the "too much effort sorting out the logistics of dating in terms of when, where" etc, with the possible moral exception of having to pay for sex.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
If I interpret the above correctly, Joe is interested in a date only a means to have sex (doesn't miss not dating, doesn't miss not having a serious relationship, doesn't wish to get married/father children). For me reading this, it's no wonder the vast majority of women turn away; these are things the majority of women (and men) wish for.

Joe, why not just head to your nearest prostitute? After all, it gets around all of the above, in addition to the "too much effort sorting out the logistics of dating in terms of when, where" etc, with the possible moral exception of having to pay for sex.
roflmao. :p

Firstly, Robbie, Joe has no such moral dilemna because the sinfulness of prostitution is pure religious dogma (in some minds), to which he does not conscribe. But the "nearest prostitute," :p as you so elegantly write, certainly would seem to fit his needs, given the above self-described parameters. Would it not? :p;)

I would be slammed were I so direct Robbie, so I appreciate you stepping in with the brutal honesty of the matter. ;)

What's funny is Joe was responding to this thread a few minutes ago, but he then abruptly logged off. I can't help but remind myself that Joe "only posts here when he's at work." I hope the boss didn't open the door as Joe was responding Robbie. OOPS!!! :p

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
If this were Nevada, I would do just that. It happens to be illegal here, and I would not be at all happy in jail. I have no morals.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai

LOL - priceless. :D How the heck are ya Robbie?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
If this were Nevada, I would do just that. It happens to be illegal here, and I would not be at all happy in jail. I have no morals.
Is there a shred of dignity in your bones at all? :p Hey, congrats on Samurai status by the way... it might not get you laid, but it's worth its weight in gold here on AH! :D

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
The now Ex Governor of New York did it for 5 grand a night and he did not go to jail.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Why is this conversation even still going on? Joe doesn't want to change at all, this has seemingly been made clear, at least to me. He's just going through the stages of rejection right now-at first he wanted to know why and now he is exiting the anger phase entering into denial about how much it bugs him by trying to shove it off. Let him progress! He never reported back on any progress other than some lackluster comments on the internet dating...he's just hiding out here. Force him back out into the "wild". It'll do him more favors than pondering the mysteries of the universe in this thread.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
No morals...and no religion.
Those are not separate lacks. Morals, by defininition, are rules imposed by religion. The more general personal sense of right and wrong sometimes mistakenly referred to as morality is actually ethics. I do have a strong sense of ethics, but I don't consider prostitution wrong if the prostitute chose that lifestyle (I consider it very wrong if she was forced into it.)

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
...the "nearest prostitute,"...as you so elegantly write, certainly would seem to fit his needs, given the above self-described parameters. Would it not? I would be slammed were I so direct Robbie, so I appreciate you stepping in with the brutal honesty of the matter.
Well, I'd never seriously recommend to anyone that they visit, shall we say, a 'lady of questionable virtue', :rolleyes: :D but such a one certainly seems to fit Joe's criteria. At the end of the day it's Joe who has to live with his conscience.

How the heck are ya Robbie?
All the better just for knowing you care. Thank you for the thought. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
With a prostitute you're not paying for the sex. You're paying her to leave.

In jail the food's not that good but the sex is okay.

Seriously, I think the way it works is that you meet someone that you do everything you can for and they reciprocate and then you're happy.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The problem begins when you ask her her name and she replies "Mike" in a deep baritone voice! :D
This recalls my "check for the Adam's Apple" comment a while back. This definitely holds true for this! :eek:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Those are not separate lacks. Morals, by defininition, are rules imposed by religion. The more general personal sense of right and wrong sometimes mistakenly referred to as morality is actually ethics. I do have a strong sense of ethics, but I don't consider prostitution wrong if the prostitute chose that lifestyle (I consider it very wrong if she was forced into it.)
You confuse me Schmoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis